Search for content in message boards

Wheeler and Thomas married 1901

Wheeler and Thomas married 1901

Posted: 27 Oct 2003 12:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Thomas, Wheeler, Pollard, Clemens,
I am trying to find out more about Elizabeth Wheeler, who I only have the following information on:
She married Milton Hammett Thomas Sr. July 2, 1901 in Albermarle County, Va. Since he was born May 20, 1880, I am assuming she was about the same age or younger.
She must have died about 1905, because he married his second wife Ada Pollard in 1906. I have no record of children for Elizabeth and Milton.
SGM

Re: Wheeler and Thomas married 1901

Posted: 28 Oct 2003 1:46PM GMT
Surnames: Thomas, Wheeler, Wirt/Wirtz/ Pollard, Clemens, Gibbs
Milton and Elizabeth Thomas had at least one son.
Emory W. Thomas was born about 1902 in Virginia.
On the 1920 Census of Virginia, he is 18 years old and living in Clifton Forge, Virginia.
He later moved to Florence, SC and worked with the railroad as a fireman.
He is on the 1930 cenus of Florence County, SC.

Posted: 29 Oct 2003 3:55PM GMT
Edited: 18 Aug 2005 12:53PM GMT
Surnames: Wheeler
I have done some work on some of the Wheelers before 1900. I will check their marraige license to see who the parents are listed as and see if I can match it up with some of the work I have done on Wheelers in Albemarle.

Posted: 29 Oct 2003 6:24PM GMT
Edited: 18 Aug 2005 12:53PM GMT
Surnames: Wheeler of Greenwood Albemarle
E.L. Wheeler 20 years old dau of W.W. Wheeler and Lora married 2 July 1901 M.H. Thomas 21 years old born in Roanoke (she was born in Alb.). I am familier with her parents. They were W.W. Wheeler who married 4 Jan 1868 in Alb. Lournia Rea 24 years old. Lournia (Lora) (Lou) was born in Rockbridge County dau of Daniel ------. W.W. was a son of William and Elizabeth A. and he was born in Augusta County. W.W. and Lou at one time owned 100 acres in Greenwood part of it was "Blair Park". As of last year I talked to an elderly desc. of them. she lived in Charlottesville and now I can't remember her name. Marshall M. Wheeler and Ada his wife was related to W.W. Wheeler. and a J.W. Wheeler is mentioned in a bond. There was a William W. Wheeler who m. in alb. in 1918 Susie Plumb he was a son of J. W. Wheeler who I suspect was the same J. W. Wheeler mentioned in a bond W.W. Wheeler made. There was an old Wheeler family in Greenwood. A David H. Wheeler died in Greenwood in 1880s he had a son Benjamin E. who became mayor of C-ville and who was the ancestor of the Wheelers who became big realtors in Charlottesville. That is Roy Wheeler, etc. David H. did have another son William E. Wheeler who maybe the father of W.W.? At any rate W.W. Wheeler was born in Augusta Co. and it may be a coincidence that he lived near the other Wheelers. David H's parents were Benjamin Wheeler and Sarah Hays of Greenwood. My mothers' family was related through the old Hays family of Greenwood and they lived with Joel Wheeler at Monticello during the Civil war.

Susan (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2003 3:01PM GMT
Surnames: Thomas, Wheeler, Wirtz/Wirt, Pollard, Gibbs
THANKS SO MUCH!
All I had on Milton and Elizabeth was the date and place of their marriage. (July 2, 1901 in Albermarle County, Virginia.)
I have a great deal of information on Milton, his second wife Ada Matthews Pollard, his children, and his siblings. He was the son of Walter Parris Thomas and Frances Virginia Ann Wirtz of Roanoke, Virginia.
If I can assist you with any information please let me know.
Milton's grandson Bruce Thomas had done a lot of research on the Thomas family before he died in 1991.
I appreciate your response.
Susan in SC
per page

Find a board about a specific topic