Search for content in message boards

FARRELL FAMILY HISTORY

FARRELL FAMILY HISTORY

Posted: 7 May 2007 11:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FARRELL. MCDONALD
I AM SEARCHING FOR THE FAMILY OF JAMES AND ANNE FARRELL.
ANNE MCDONALD BORN GALWAY IRELAND CIRCA 1828. MARRIED JAMES FARRELL IN SYDNEY AUSTRALIA 1847.JAMES AND ANNE HAD 12 CHILDREN.
JAMES'S PARENTS WERE CHARLES AND CHARLOTTE.

Re: FARRELL FAMILY HISTORY

Posted: 9 May 2007 11:16PM GMT
Do you know the names of James and Anne Farrell's children? I have a William Farrell of Irish descent in my family that I know was in the Sydney area for awhile, but I believe he was born in New Brunswick Canada. Any connection? M. Kirkland

Posted: 9 May 2007 11:37PM GMT
I don't think any of my Farrells were in Canada for long, like months maybe. And, no Australia connection... Sorry

Anne

Posted: 10 May 2007 10:25AM GMT
Surnames: FARRELL
Hi! there is a William born 1848, not sure if he is in my family line. There are 2, James and Ann, and James and Anne.
My henry is James and ANNE, not sure which one William belongs to as both had 12 children. I have been told by a cousin that there is a Canadian link, but don't know how.
REGARDS G. Compton

Posted: 11 Aug 2008 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: Farrell
You mentioned a Henry. I am searching for Henry Farrell who was born in Illinois and then moved to Colorado. He is in the 1910 census for Longmont Boulder Colorado. His wife is Rose and has a son Robert age 1 and 1/2 years. Would you have any information on this man. Henry peddled Buttermilk according to census; his fathr born KY and Mother born TN. Hope we can help each other. Thanks Terry Crail

Posted: 13 Aug 2008 6:45AM GMT
Hi sorry mine all in england .wish you luck in you search

Posted: 27 Nov 2009 4:41AM GMT
Surnames: Farrell
Hi

James and Anne were my great grandparents. My grandfather was their first child Alfred. Charles and Charlotte have an interesting history which you may already know about. I found some very useful information on them in the Port Macquarie library. Charles was from County Westmeath in Ireland. You my aready know this and am in danger of teaching you to suck eggs. My email address is farrellsr@bigpond.com

Regards

Rick

Posted: 27 Nov 2009 8:49AM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: Farrell, O'Farrell, Quick, Burns
Hello, I noticed you are referring to County Westmeath, Ireland. I have direct ancestors from that exact county. My great-great-grandfather, Richard William Farrell was born in or near Clonmellon, County Westmeath, Ireland on January 1, 1820. I would be interested in any Farrells which came to America from there. The time period I have info on in Ireland is approximately 1798--1847. I will put the portion of my file that covers the life span on my gg-grandfather into the message board post to help you see if you have anything further to add to info I have. If you have info on a place name in County Westmeath it might help for us to compare notes. Anyone may jump in as well. Together we can push it further back with our families. Barbara See below:

Broken Branches: Farrells, Co. Westmeath, Ire. Compiler:Barbara Trammell Black 2009

Generation No. 1

1. WILLIAM JOEL O' FARRELL was born Abt. 1798 in Ireland. He married MARY ??? Abt. 1819. She was born Abt. 1799 in Ireland.

Notes for WILLIAM JOEL O' FARRELL:
http://www.libraryireland.com/Pedigrees1/FamiliesMunster.php

The Chief Irish* Families of Munster
From Irish Pedigrees; or the Origin and Stem of the Irish Nation, by John O'Hart, 5th Edition, 1892

The following is a brief summary of the Irish families in Munster, beginning with the three branches of the race of Heber: namely, the Dalcassians, the Eugenians, and the Clan Cian.

VI. The Irians (or "Clan-na-Rory") of Ulster also settled several families of note in Munster, as early as the first and second centuries; of whom were the following: O'Connor, lords or princes of Kerry; O'Connor, lords of Corcomroe in Clare; and O'Loghlin, lords of Burren, also in Clare. Of this race were also O'Farrell, lords or princes of Annaly; MacRannal (anglicised "Reynolds"), lords of Muintir Eoluis, in the county Leitrim, etc.

NOTE:--

* Irish: According to Connellan, many penal Acts of Parliament were in the reigns of the Henrys and Edwards, Kings of England, passed, compelling the ancient Irish to adopt English "surnames," and the English language, dress, manners, and customs; and, no doubt, many of the Milesian Irish did take English surnames in those times, to protect their lives and properties, as, otherwise, they forfeited their goods and were liable to be punished as Irish enemies. Hence, many of the ancient Irish families did so twist and anglicise their names, that it is often difficult to determine whether those families are of Irish or English extraction; and hence, many of them of Irish origin are considered of English or French descent. In modern times, too, many of the Irish families omitted the O' and Mac in their surnames; but such names lose much of their euphonious sound by the omission, and, besides, are neither English nor Irish.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Ancient Meath constituted the chief part of the English Pale,[1] and was divided into the counties of East Meath and Westmeath, in the reign of Henry the Eighth; but its extent was diminished, as East Meath in early times contained parts of Dublin and Kildare, and Westmeath contained parts of Longford and King's County.

NOTES:--

[1] English Pale: The "English Pale" meant that part of Ireland occupied by the English settlers. In A.D. 1603, the distinction between the "Pale" and the "Irish Country" terminated, by the submission of Hugh O'Neill, Earl of Tyrone.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.libraryireland.com/Pedigrees1/Annaly.php

Ancient Meath. The Principal Families in the Kingdom of Meath: Annaly, or Longford
From Irish Pedigrees; or the Origin and Stem of the Irish Nation, by John O'Hart, 5th Edition, 1892

ANGHAILE or "Annaly," which was formed out of the ancient territory of Teffia, comprised the whole of the county Longford, and was the principality of O'Farrell. His chief residence was the town of "Longford," anciently called Longphort-Ui-Fhearghail or the Fortress of O'Farrell. This territory was divided into Upper and Lower Annaly: the former comprising that part of Longford south of Granard, and a part of the county Westmeath, was possessed by O'Farrell O'Buidhe (or O'Farrell the Yellow); the latter, or that portion north of Granard, was possessed by O'Farrell Ban (or O'Farrell the Fair). The O'Farrells were dispossessed of the eastern portion of this territory by the Tuites and the Delameres, who came over with Hugh de Lacy in the twelfth century.

(a) THE IRISH CHIEFS AND CLANS OF LONGFORD.

Besides the O'Farrells, princes of Annaly, the following were among the ancient clans in the county Longford: 2. O'Cuinn or O'Quinn, who had his castle at Rathcline. There was also a powerful family of the O'Quinns in the county Clare (see "Thomond"), distinct from this family in Annaly. 3. MacGilligan. 4. Muintir (or people of) Megiollgain (Magillan or Magellan) were located in the territory of Muintir Eoluis, in the northern portion of the county Longford; and their chief was O'Quinn, 5. O'Mulfinny or MulFeeney, whose district was called Corcard. 6. MacCormack. 7. MacCorgabhan. 8. O'Daly. 9. O'Slaman or O'Slevin. 10. O'Skolly or O'Skelly. The O'Farrells maintained their sovereignty till the reign of Elizabeth; when Annaly was formed into the county Longford, by the lord deputy Sir Henry Sidney.

(c) THE MODERN NOBILITY OF LONGFORD.

In modern times the following families have formed the nobility of Annaly:--1. Aungier, earls of Longford; afterwards Fleming; and next Pakenham. 2. Lane, earls of Lanesborough, and next Butler. 3. Gore were earls of Annaly. 4. The family of Forbes are now earls of Granard.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author: unturnedstone
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.farrell/2461.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

My Farrells arrived in New York City about 1849. I've never been able to find William except for the baptismal records, so I believe he either died before Mary and the children left Ireland or very shortly after arriving in New York. The only census I've found the family together is in 1860 (New York City) and there is no father. I can't find a census record of them in 1850. If any relatives came over with this family, I have no record of it. Unfortunately, Farrell and Kain/Kane are terribly common Irish names. I'm guessing that Christopher Farrell who sponsored the baptisms is William's relative, but I don't know how. I have no records of my Farrells ever being in Georgia or Alabama or anywhere in the south for that matter. The three brothers went west for a time after the Civil War, but came back to New York after a few years of wandering. It is possible, of course, that your Richard could be William's brother, but I don't know the collateral kinship of either William Farrell or Mary Kain/Kane and I've yet to find their birth dates, their death dates, or their parents.

It's free to search but will cost you to look at actual records, but this is where I finally found the baptism records:

http://westmeath.brsgenealogy.com/
------------------------------------------------------------
Author: unturnedstone
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.farrell/2461/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Are any of these people familiar to anyone? They all must be related somehow, but I can't find the connection. These four siblings, parents William Farrell and Mary Kain/Kane, were baptized in a Roman Catholic church in Streete parish, Westmeath, Ireland:

Esther Farrell bap. 26 May 1839. Sponsors: Bernard McNally and Bridget O'Brien.

Michael Farrell bap. 21 Nov 1840. Sponsors: James Kain and Bridget McCormick

Denis Farrell bap. 29 Oct 1842. Sponsors: Christopher Farrell and Margaret Kain.

Christopher Farrell bap. 01 Oct 1844. Sponsors: Christopher Farrell and Bridget Kain.

Willing to share what information I have on Dennis and Christopher. I have very little info on Esther and Michael.
---------------------------------------------------------------

More About WILLIAM O' FARRELL and MARY ???:
Marriage: Abt. 1819

Children of WILLIAM O' FARRELL and MARY ??? are:
i. JAMES W. FARRELL, CSA PRIVATE, b. 1819, No confirmation as family. In review..

Notes for JAMES W. FARRELL, CSA PRIVATE:
U.S. Civil War Soldiers, 1861-1865
about James W. Ferrell
Name: James W. Ferrell
Side: Confederate
Regiment State/Origin: Georgia
Regiment Name: 1 (Fannin's) Georgia Reserves
Regiment Name Expanded: 1st Regiment, Georgia Reserves (Fannin's)
COMPANY: H
Rank In: Private
Rank In Expanded: Private
Rank Out: Private
Rank Out Expanded: Private
Film Number: M226 roll 20
------------------------------------------------

2. ii. RICHARD WILLIAM FARRELL, CSA 1ST SGT., b. 1 Jan 1820, Clonmellon, County Westmeath, Ireland; d. 6 Apr 1899, Hazel Green, Madison County, Alabama.

Generation No. 2

2. RICHARD WILLIAM FARRELL, CSA 1ST SGT. (WILLIAM JOEL1 O' FARRELL) was born 1 Jan 1820 in Clonmellon, County Westmeath, Ireland, and died 6 Apr 1899 in Hazel Green, Madison County, Alabama. He married MARY ANN KERSEY 29 Apr 1852 in Roscoe, Coweta Co., Georgia, daughter of WILLIAM KERSEY and NANSEY THOMAS. She was born 7 Oct 1827 in Roscoe, Coweta County, Georgia (Keilta, GA), and died 29 Dec 1893 in Hazel Green, Madison County, Alabama.

Notes for RICHARD WILLIAM FARRELL, CSA 1ST SGT.:

-------------------------------------------------------------
about Richard W. Farrell
Name: Richard W. Farrell
Rank In: First Sergeant
Rank In Expanded: First Sergeant
Rank Out: First Sergeant
Rank Out Expanded: First Sergeant
-------------------------------------------------------------------
CLONMELLON, a market and post-town, in the parish of KILLUA, barony of DELVIN, county of WESTMEATH, and province of LEINSTER 4 3/4 miles (W. N. W.) from Athboy, on the road to Oldcastle; containing 960 inhabitants. This is a neat little town, consisting of 183 houses, the market is on Tuesday: and fairs are held on Jan. 28th, May 2nd, July 25th, and Sept. 29th. Petty sessions are held once a fortnight, and here is a station of the constabulary police. The parish church, dedicated to St. Lucy, and situated close to the town, is a good building, with a spire. The parochial school, which is under the National Board, but was built by Sir T. Chapman, is also here; and there is a dispensary. -- See Killua.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
New York, 1820-1850 Passenger and Immigration Lists
about R??? Farrell
Name: R??? Farrell
Arrival Date: Jun 18, 1847
Port of Arrival: New York
Port of Departure: Dublin
Place of Origin: Great Britain
Ship: Victor
Family Identification: 685466
Microfilm Serial Number: M237
Microfilm Roll Number: 67
------------------------------------------
Source
Name: New York, 1820-1850 Passenger and Immigration Lists
Repository: Ancestry.com
Name: New York, 1820-1850 Passenger and Immigration Lists
Author: Ancestry.com
Publisher: Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2003.Original data - New York. Registers of Vessels Arriving at the Port of New York from Foreign Ports, 1789-1919. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration. Micropub
Call Number:
Notes:
REFN:
Repository: Ancestry.com
http://www.Ancestry.com

Citation
Detail:
Date:
Notes: http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=newy
ork273&h=983207&ti=0&indiv=try

Actual text: Name: R??? Farrell
Birth Date: abt 1819
Birth Place:
Origin Date:
Origin Place: Great Britain
Arrival Date: Jun 18, 1847
Arrival Place: New York, New York
Departure Date:
Departure Place: Dublin

Web address: http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=newy
ork273&h=983207&ti=0&indiv=try
-----------------------------------
MILITARY

DATE: 2 May 1864
DESCRIPTION: Joined C.S.A. Co. H of the 1st Regiment Georgia Reserves as 1st Sergent

Found by researcher/family member Jarrett Farrell.
------------------------------------------
about Richard W. Farrell
Name: Richard W. Farrell
Rank In: First Sergeant
Rank In Expanded: First Sergeant
Rank Out: First Sergeant
Rank Out Expanded: First Sergeant

Found by researcher/family member Jarrett Farrell.
---------------------------------------
After finding Jarrett Farrell's info on the military record of our earliest known Farrell ancestor, Richard William Farrell, I looked up his regiment online and will post all I have on that. Barbara Trammell Black, 2008.

CSA INFANTRY---1st Regiment, Georgia Reserves (Fannin's)

1st Georgia Infantry Reserves (Fannin's), organized in early 1864
-----------------------------------------
Unknown County GaArchives Military Records.....1st Reserves Co H
Civilwar - Rosters 1st Reserves Co H
Copyright. All rights reserved.
http://www.usgwarchives.org/copyright.htm
http://www.usgwarchives.org/ga/gafiles.htm

File contributed for use in USGenWeb Archives by:
Jane Benson jab50@bellsouth.net September 24, 2004, 5:53 pm

1st Reserves Co H
MUSTER ROLL of Captain J. W. Powell Company H First Reg’t Ga Reserves, Army of
the Confederate States, Colonel J. H. Fannin, from the 2nd day of May 1864,
when mustered into the Service of the Confederate States.

Note: This muster roll contains the original entries of the men who enlisted
in the First Georgia Reserves, Company H. It includes the number (order in
which the men’s names were recorded), name, rank, enlistment data of when,
where and by whom, time period of enlistment, age, height in terms of feet &
inches, color of complexion, eyes & hair. Places of residence were not so
noted on this original muster roll. However, on the list of deserters placed
in the Macon, GA newspaper & typed below, several places were noted - Coweta
County, Jefferson County, Harris County, Tolbert County, Wilcox County &
Carroll County, GA. As new evidence becomes available, this muster roll will
be updated / corrected.

These men included 4 known occupations: 35 farmers, 2 blacksmiths, 1 mason, and
1 miller.

All transcriptions contain errors due to human error. However, I have tried
diligently to be as accurate as is humanly possible. Poor quality of microfilm
containing dark / light spots at time make the writing almost illegible and
some names have not yet been deciphered so this listing is not yet 100 %
completed. I hope what I do have will be of some small benefit in your
searches for your Civil War ancestors.

OFFICERS:

1. J. W. Powell – enlisted as a Captain on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. No physical data was recorded.
2. Patrick Carmical – enlisted as a 1st Lieutenant on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta,
Ga by Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. No physical data was
recorded.
3. M. W. Cole – enlisted as a Sr. 2nd Lieutenant on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta,
recorded.
4. W. S. Bailey – enlisted as a Jr. 2nd Lieutenant on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta,
recorded. *See list below.

1. R. W. Farrell – enlisted as a 1st Sergeant on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga by <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 47, 5’ 6” in height,
fair complexioned with blue eyes and grey hair. Occupation: Farmer.
2. N. B. Goodwyn – enlisted as a 2nd Sergeant on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 48, 5’ 7” in height,
fair complexioned with blue eyes and light hair. Occupation: Farmer.
3. C. L. Carmical – enlisted as a 3rd Sergeant on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga
by Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 17, 5’ 7” in
height, fair complexioned with blue eyes and light hair. Occupation: Farmer.
4. Braddock Goodwyn – enlisted as a 4th Sergeant on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga
by Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 49, 5’ 7” in
height, fair complexioned with blue eyes and dark hair. Occupation: Farmer.
5. R. J. Astin – enlisted as a 5th Sergeant on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 47, 5’ 8” in height,
fair complexioned with grey eyes and grey hair. Occupation: Farmer.

1. J. L. Haynes – enlisted as a 1st Corporal on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 48, 5’ 9” in height,
2. J. W. Dorough – enlisted as a 2nd Corporal on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 17, 5’ 4” in height,
3. L. H. Evans – enlisted as a 3rd Corporal on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 47, 6’ 1” in height,
fair complexioned with black eyes and black hair. Occupation: Farmer.
4. J. B. Balkman – enlisted as a 4th Corporal on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 17, 5’ 6” in height,

PRIVATES:

1. Austin, W. J.(William J.) – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in
Atlanta, Ga by Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 45,
6’ 6” in height, fair complexioned with blue eyes and light hair. Occupation:
Farmer. The Patient Register of the Wayside (1st Louisiana) Confederate
Hospital, Charleston, SC 1862-1865, shows Pvt. W(illiam) J. Astin admitted to
the General (Encampment) Hospital No. 2, Summerville with Debility on 18
December 1864 and discharged December 19.
2. Bailey, J. F. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 47, 5’ 8” in height,
fair complexioned with grey eyes and light hair. Occupation: Farmer.
3. Cook, W. J. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga by Capt.
W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 46, 5’ 8” in height, fair
complexioned with grey eyes and dark hair. Occupation: Farmer.
4. Chandler, Clark – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 47, 5’ 7” in height,
fair complexioned with blue eyes and dark hair. Occupation: Farmer.
5. Christopher, S. E. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga.
by Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 46, 6’ 3” in
6. Carroll, J. R. S. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga.
by Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 48, 5’ 11” in
7. Carmical, A. S. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 17, 5’ 11” in
height, fair complexioned with grey eyes and light hair. Occupation: Farmer.
8.Connell, N. G. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 47, 5’ 6” in
height, fair complexioned with blue eyes and grey hair. Occupation: Farmer.
9.Duncan, M. L. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga by Capt.
W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 46, 5’ 6” in height,
fair complexioned with blue eyes and sandy hair. Occupation: Blacksmith.
10.Duke, C. P. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga by Capt.
W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 48, 5’ 6” in height,
dark complexioned with dark eyes and black hair. Occupation: Mason. *See list
below.
11.Eubanks, Jos. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 46, 6’ in height,
black complexioned with dark eyes and grey hair. Occupation: Farmer. *See
list below.
12. Farrell, J. W. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga by <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 48, 5’ 6” in
height, dark complexioned with grey eyes and grey hair. Occupation: Farmer.
*See list below.
13. Fernander, S. C. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 46, 5’ 11” in
height, dark complexioned with dark eyes and grey hair. Occupation: Farmer.
14. Harris, H. B. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 47, 5’ 10” in
height, dark complexioned with dark eyes and grey hair. Occupation: Farmer.
15. Lee, James – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 17, 5’ 6” in
16. Lenderman, Hy. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 49, 5’ 11” in
17. Morgan, G. D. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for theduration of the War. He was age 47, 6’ 2” in height,
18. Morgan, F. M. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 17, 6’ in height,
19. Millims, Jas. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
height, fair complexioned with grey eyes and dark hair. Occupation: Farmer.
20. Moore, Wm. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 46, 5’ 6” in height,
fair complexioned with dark eyes and dark hair. Occupation: Farmer.
21. Newell, J. A. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 47, 6’ 1” in height,
22. Pary, P. G. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. No physical data was recorded.
23. Pullins, R. C. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 49, 5’ 9” in height,
24. Spenkel, Isaac – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 46, 5’ 7” in height,
dark complexioned with blue eyes and dark hair. Occupation: Farmer.
25. Smith, S. D. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
26. Shoemaker, J. A. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga.
by Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 17, 5’ 6” in
27. Smith, J. H. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 47, 5’ 7” in height,
fair complexioned with blue eyes and grey hair. Occupation: Farmer.
28. Shoemaker, J. D. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga.
by Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 49, 5’ 7” in
29. Teal, J. R. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 46, 5’ 10” in
height, dark complexioned with grey eyes and dark hair. Occupation: Miller.
30. Todd, W. W. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 46, 5’ 7” in height,
31. Webb, J. J. – enlisted as a Private on May 2nd 1864 in Atlanta, Ga. by
Capt. W.L. Hubbard for the duration of the War. He was age 48, 5’3” in height,
dark complexioned with grey eyes and grey hair. Occupation: Farmer.
32. …………….
33. Austin, Nathan C.
34. Bailey, ……..
35. Bradberry, Wyley
36. Barron, Thomas
37. Brown, James
38. Chambers, Wm.
39. Davis, J. L. G.
40. Foy, W. W.
41. Glare, J. N.
42. ………….
43. Holloway, Henry
44. Hobbs, Joseph
45. Hall, E.
46. Hamilton, David
47. Jones, Asberry
48. Jones, John T.
49. Keller, Daniel C. - there is a Daniel W. Keller buried at West View
Cemetery in the section containing those who died at the Atlanta Soldier's
Home. He is listed as having served in Company H of the 1st Georgia Reserves.
50. Lipham, Jackson
51. Ledbetter, John
52. Lundie, Wm.
53. Mackey, Benjamin
54. ……………
55. ……………
56. Shanks, John
57. Smith, James H.
58. Smith, Joseph R.
59. Haynes, J. L.
60. Thrash, P. C.
61. Turner, Joseph
62. Turner, …….
63. Turner, M. P.
64. Turner, …….
65. Ward, Wm. G.
66. ………….
67. Wharton, H. D.
68. Woodall, Wm.
69. McDaniel, A.
70. Waldrup, William
71. Woods, W. M.
72. Moon, J. M.
73. Beasley, Redding
74. Fuller, Richard
75. Nipper, William
76. Fulgham, John G.
77. Westmoreland, A. J.
78. Westmoreland, J. G.
79. Cash, J. B.
80. Horshaw, M. M.
81. Rice, Clemons
82. Gilbert, J. H.
83. Sapp, P. C.
84. Wiseman, Isaac N.
85. Wood, W. M.
86. McDaniel, A. (M.?)

Macon Daily Telegraph, October 1, 1864, page 2
$30 REWARD
Hd ‘Qrs 1st Reg’t Geo. Reserves }
Andersonville, Ga }
Macon, September 30, 1864 }

Thirty Dollars reward will be paid for the apprehension and delivery at this
camp of each of the following named Absentees without leave. District and
County Enrolling Officers will use every effort to arrest and return these men
to their commands.

Names Company County and State Post Office
Lt. W. S. Bailey H Coweta Georgia Newnan
C. P. Dukes H Coweta Georgia Palmetto
J. A. Sewell H Coweta Georgia Kedron, Ga.
W. J. Cook H Coweta Georgia Newnan
Joseph Eubanks H Coweta Georgia Newnan
A. McDaniel H Jefferson, Georgia Newnan
R. W. Robertson H Harris, Ga Hamilton
A. M. Daniel H Jefferson, Ga ………
G. C. Davis H Jefferson, Ga Richmond
Wiley Bradbury H Coweta, Ga. Newnan
J. H. Smith H Coweta, Ga. Newnan
O. G. Perry H Tolbert, Ga. Tolbotton
Wm. Moore H Tolbert, Ga Newnan
W. M. Wood H Jefferson County ………….
J. W. Farrell H Coweta County Palmetto <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
W. W. Foy H Tolbert ………..
W. Nipper H Wilcox Abberville
Joseph Balkman H Carroll County ……….
Wm. Chandler H Coweta County Newnan

· GDAH Microfilm Drawer 279 Roll # 70. KDG.
· Broadfoot “Roster of Confederate Soldiers 1861-1865”
· Nancy Jones Cornell “1864 Census for Re-Organizing the Georgia Militia”
· Virgil D. White “Index to Georgia Confederate Pension Files”
· These lists were typed up & filed by unit in the Georgia Civil War
Miscellaneous Collection, on microfilm at the GDAH, Atlanta, GA & on file at
Wallace State College, Hanceville, AL – Robert S. Davis, Professor of History &
Genealogy.
· Patient Register of the Wayside (1st Louisiana)Confederate Hospital,
Charleston, SC transcribed & extracted by Fred Knudsen, Columbia, SC

File at: http://files.usgwarchives.org/ga/unknown/military/civilwar/r...

This file has been created by a form at http://www.genrecords.org/gafiles/

File size: 15.2 Kb
---------------------------------------------------
Troup County, Georgia

1st Regiment, Georgia Reserves - Fannin's
Format by C. W. Barnum
Return to Georgia Calvary CSA Index
1,316 Names

Part One
Last Name First Name Company Muster Grade Discharge Grade

Farrell J. W. H Private Private
Farrell Richard W. H First Sergeant First Sergeant

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~gatroup2/1stregimentgarese...
--------------------------------------------
Using a subscription database at www.footnote.com I found 5 pages of CSA Civil War records on Richard W. Farrell which correlates to other known information recently found. BTB
---------------------------------------------
Publication Number: M266
Publication Title: Compiled Service Records of Confederate Soldiers Who Served in Organizations from the State of Georgia
Content Source: NARA
Military Unit: 1st (Fannin's) Reserves
Surname Starts With: F
Givenname: Richard W
Surname: Farrell
Year: 1864
--------------------------------------

More About RICHARD WILLIAM FARRELL, CSA 1ST SGT.:
Burial: Hazel Green, Madison County, Alabama
Immigration: 18 Jun 1847, Departure: Dublin Arrival: NY, NY Ship: Victor
Religion: Irish Catholic

More About MARY ANN KERSEY:
Burial: Hazel Green, Madison County, Alabama
Religion: Quaker upraising

More About RICHARD FARRELL and MARY KERSEY:
Marriage: 29 Apr 1852, Roscoe, Coweta Co., Georgia

Children of RICHARD FARRELL and MARY KERSEY are:
3. i. WILLIAM NATHANIEL3 FARRELL, b. 25 Mar 1854, Roscoe, Coweta County, Georgia; d. 3 Apr 1926, Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama.
4. ii. JOEL THOMAS "JOE" FARRELL, b. 18 Apr 1856, Roscoe, Coweta Co., GA; d. 20 Dec 1915, Terrell, Kaufman Co., TX.
iii. JAMES AUSTIN "JIM" FARRELL, b. 21 Nov 1858, Roscoe, Coweta Co., Georgia; d. 24 Oct 1923, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama.
5. iv. EMMA ELIZABETH FARRELL, b. 15 Jun 1860, Roscoe, Coweta Co., Georgia; d. 23 Jan 1940, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama.
6. v. RICHARD BEUREGUARD FARRELL, b. 9 Jun 1863, Roscoe, Coweta Co., Georgia; d. 15 Dec 1899, Hazel Green, Madison Co., Alabama.
7. vi. JESSIE ROBERT EMMIT FARRELL, b. 15 May 1867, Roscoe, Coweta Co., Georgia; d. 22 Feb 1937, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama.
8. vii. MARY ELLEN "MOLLIE" FARRELL, b. 9 Feb 1869, Roscoe, Coweta Co., Georgia; d. 18 Jun 1897, Gurley, Madison Co., Alabama.

Generation No. 3

3. WILLIAM NATHANIEL FARRELL (RICHARD WILLIAM, WILLIAM JOEL O' FARRELL) was born 25 Mar 1854 in Roscoe, Coweta County, Georgia, and died 3 Apr 1926 in Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama. He married MARION AMMONET "MINNIE" VAUGHN 20 Feb 1878 in Madison County, Alabama (Vol.9, page 411). She was born Abt. 1859.

More About WILLIAM FARRELL and MARION VAUGHN:
Marriage: 20 Feb 1878, Madison County, Alabama (Vol.9, page 411)

Children of WILLIAM FARRELL and MARION VAUGHN are:
i. JOEL ELBERT4 FARRELL, b. 12 Feb 1880, Hazel Green, Madison County, Alabama; d. 5 Dec 1942, Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama; m. (1) KATIE WHITE CAMPBELL, 23 Oct 1900, Hazel Green, Madison Co., Alabama (Vol.26, page 124); b. Abt. 1882, Madison County, Alabama; m. (2) CLAUDIA ELVIRA RILEY, 19 May 1918, Birmingham, Jefferson Co., Alabama.

More About JOEL FARRELL and KATIE CAMPBELL:
Marriage: 23 Oct 1900, Hazel Green, Madison Co., Alabama (Vol.26, page 124)

More About JOEL FARRELL and CLAUDIA RILEY:
Marriage: 19 May 1918, Birmingham, Jefferson Co., Alabama

ii. WILLIAM VAUGHN FARRELL, b. 24 Jun 1882, Hazel Green, Madison County, Alabama; d. 13 Mar 1952, Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama; m. (1) MINNIE CORNELIA MCKEE, Abt. 1902; b. Abt. 1884; m. (2) KITTY FOWLER, 9 Sep 1909, Hazel Green, Madison Co., Alabama.

More About WILLIAM FARRELL and MINNIE MCKEE:
Marriage: Abt. 1902

More About WILLIAM FARRELL and KITTY FOWLER:
Marriage: 9 Sep 1909, Hazel Green, Madison Co., Alabama

iii. ZORAH VIVIAN FARRELL, b. 10 Oct 1885, Hazel Green, Madison County, Alabama; d. 17 Sep 1950, Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama; m. THOMAS OTIE FOWLER, 12 Jan 1902, Hazel Green, Madison Co., Alabama; b. Abt. 1881.

More About THOMAS FOWLER and ZORAH FARRELL:
Marriage: 12 Jan 1902, Hazel Green, Madison Co., Alabama

iv. MARY MARTHENA FARRELL, b. 8 Feb 1888, Hazel Green, Madison County, Alabama; d. Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama; m. (1) HUGH PARKENSON, 4 Jun 1916; b. Abt. 1884; m. (2) EDWARD VERNON OAKWOOD, 1 May 1951, Birmingham, Jefferson Co., Alabama.

More About HUGH PARKENSON and MARY FARRELL:
Marriage: 4 Jun 1916

More About EDWARD OAKWOOD and MARY FARRELL:
Marriage: 1 May 1951, Birmingham, Jefferson Co., Alabama

v. BESSIE HATCHER FARRELL, b. 2 Mar 1894, Hazel Green, Madison County, Alabama; d. Fayetteville, Tennessee; m. (1) HUSTON LANDMAN, 26 Dec 1913, Madison Co., Alabama; b. Abt. 1892; m. (2) OLIVER ARTHUR READY, 30 Dec 1923.

More About HUSTON LANDMAN and BESSIE FARRELL:
Marriage: 26 Dec 1913, Madison Co., Alabama

More About OLIVER READY and BESSIE FARRELL:
Marriage: 30 Dec 1923

4. JOEL THOMAS "JOE" FARRELL (RICHARD WILLIAM, WILLIAM JOEL O' FARRELL) was born 18 Apr 1856 in Roscoe, Coweta Co., GA, and died 20 Dec 1915 in Terrell, Kaufman Co., TX. He married ELIZABETH "LIZZIE" ZUSPANN 3 Sep 1885 in Kaufman Co., TX, daughter of JACOB ZUSPANN and ANNA LOHMAN. She was born 11 Jan 1867 in Germantown, Vanderburgh Co., Indiana, and died 30 Sep 1944 in Orangefield, TX.

More About JOEL THOMAS "JOE" FARRELL:
Burial: Terrell, TX (Grounds of Terrell State Hospital)
Medical Information: Died of dementia and apoplexy.

More About ELIZABETH "LIZZIE" ZUSPANN:
Burial: Orangefield, TX (Mose Granger Cemetery)("Lizzie Denney")
Christening: Evangelical Lutheran Church in Cowling, Illinois
Medical Information: Was in a wheelchair at the time of Bessie ECKLES Farrell's death according to eyewitness account of Johnnie Elizabeth FARRELL Kemp.

More About JOEL FARRELL and ELIZABETH ZUSPANN:
Marriage: 3 Sep 1885, Kaufman Co., TX

Children of JOEL FARRELL and ELIZABETH ZUSPANN are:
i. WILLIAM OLIVER "BUD"4 FARRELL, WWI, US ARMY, PVT., b. 10 Mar 1887, Rockwall, Rockwall Co., TX; d. 15 Feb 1959, Orangefield, TX; m. (1) MARY ALICE SIMMONS, Abt. 1903, Rockwall, Rockwall Co., TX; d. Oklahoma?; m. (2) BESSIE ONITA ECKLES, 9 Feb 1921, Gainesville, Cooke County, Texas; b. 27 May 1901, Ringgold, Montague County, Texas; d. 24 Oct 1940, Orangefield, Orange County, Texas; m. (3) OLLIE MAE OLIVER, 19 Jan 1944, Orange, Orange Co., TX (probably Orangefield, TX); d. Bridge City, Orange Co., TX.

More About WILLIAM OLIVER "BUD" FARRELL, WWI, US ARMY, PVT.:
Burial: Orangefield, TX (Williams Cemetery)

More About WILLIAM FARRELL and MARY SIMMONS:
Marriage: Abt. 1903, Rockwall, Rockwall Co., TX

More About BESSIE ONITA ECKLES:
Burial: Orangefield, TX (Mose Granger Cemetery)

More About WILLIAM FARRELL and BESSIE ECKLES:
Marriage: 9 Feb 1921, Gainesville, Cooke County, Texas

More About WILLIAM FARRELL and OLLIE OLIVER:
Marriage: 19 Jan 1944, Orange, Orange Co., TX (probably Orangefield, TX)

ii. ROBERT "BOB" FARRELL, b. 13 Jun 1889, Rockwall, Rockwall Co., TX; d. 8 May 1963, CA.
iii. MAGGIE M. "MAGGIE" FARRELL, b. Feb 1890, Rockwall, Rockwall Co., TX; d. 18 Dec 1960, Dallas, Dallas Co., TX; m. JAMES F. BURNS.

Notes for MAGGIE M. "MAGGIE" FARRELL:
Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
about Maggie Burns
Name: Maggie Burns
Death Date: 18 Dec 1960
Death County: Dallas
Certificate: 70773

Notes for JAMES F. BURNS:
Texas Death Index, 1903-2000
about James F Burns
Name: James F Burns
Death Date: 12 Oct 1920
Death County: Dallas
Certificate: 31533

iv. RICHARD LEE FARRELL, b. 4 Oct 1893, Rockwall, Rockwall Co., TX; d. 22 Feb 1963, Allen, Collin Co., TX; m. WILLIE OPAL SANDERS.
v. JOEL THOMAS "JOE" FARRELL, b. 3 Nov 1894, Rockwall, Rockwall Co., TX; d. 4 Jul 1960, Bonham, TX; m. ROXIE.
vi. JACOB BEUREGUARD "JAKE" FARRELL, b. 28 Dec 1895, Rockwall, Rockwall Co., TX; d. 30 Nov 1975, Sanger, Denton Co., TX; m. EUNICE OLIVIA GILES, 17 Dec 1921, Sanger, Denton Co., TX.

More About JACOB BEUREGUARD "JAKE" FARRELL:
Name 2: "Jake Farrell"

More About JACOB FARRELL and EUNICE GILES:
Marriage: 17 Dec 1921, Sanger, Denton Co., TX

vii. JAMES AUGUSTUS FARRELL, b. 3 Nov 1899, Rockwall, Rockwall Co., TX; d. 12 Nov 1960, Gainsville, TX.
viii. ALABAMA FARRELL, b. 24 Oct 1900, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama; d. 3 Jan 1948, Dallas, Dallas Co., TX; m. AMY BELL HENDERSON; b. 30 Jul 1903, Dallas, Dallas Co., TX.

5. EMMA ELIZABETH3 FARRELL (RICHARD WILLIAM, WILLIAM JOEL O' FARRELL) was born 15 Jun 1860 in Roscoe, Coweta Co., Georgia, and died 23 Jan 1940 in Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama. She married JOHN GILBERT WEBB 24 Aug 1891 in Hazel Green, Madison Co., Alabama (Vol.18, page 207).

More About JOHN WEBB and EMMA FARRELL:
Marriage: 24 Aug 1891, Hazel Green, Madison Co., Alabama (Vol.18, page 207)

Children of EMMA FARRELL and JOHN WEBB are:
i. ANNIE MAE4 WEBB, b. 23 Sep 1894, Hazel Green, Madison Co., Alabama; d. Apr 1976, Memphis, Shelby Co., Tennessee; m. JOHN HENRY CLARK, 21 Feb 1911, Hazel Green, Madison Co., Alabama.

More About JOHN CLARK and ANNIE WEBB:
Marriage: 21 Feb 1911, Hazel Green, Madison Co., Alabama

ii. WILLIAM ISAAC WEBB, b. 2 Dec 1895, Hazel Green, Madison Co., Alabama; d. Jun 1989, Chattanooga, Tennessee.
iii. DEWEY LEE WEBB, SR., b. 18 Oct 1898, Madison Co., Alabama; d. 22 Oct 1938, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama; m. EVA JEAN SMITH.

6. RICHARD BEUREGUARD FARRELL (RICHARD WILLIAM, WILLIAM JOEL O' FARRELL) was born 9 Jun 1863 in Roscoe, Coweta Co., Georgia, and died 15 Dec 1899 in Hazel Green, Madison Co., Alabama. He married MINERVA "MINNIE" DAVIS 10 Dec 1894 in Huntsville, Madison County, Alabama (Vol.20, page 403).

More About RICHARD FARRELL and MINERVA DAVIS:
Marriage: 10 Dec 1894, Huntsville, Madison County, Alabama (Vol.20, page 403)

Children of RICHARD FARRELL and MINERVA DAVIS are:
i. JOEL THOMAS4 FARRELL, b. 3 Jan 1896, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama; d. 30 Jan 1978, Tybee Island, Chatham Co., Georgia; m. ELIZABETH REGINA KNOX-(FOGERTY), 7 Apr 1930, Savannah, Chatham Co., Georgia.

More About JOEL FARRELL and ELIZABETH KNOX-(FOGERTY):
Marriage: 7 Apr 1930, Savannah, Chatham Co., Georgia

ii. LILLIAN "LILLIE" FARRELL, b. 1898, Hazel Green, Madison Co., Alabama; d. Atlanta, Fulton Co., Georgia; m. ALFRED W. ARNOLD, Abt. 1920, Atlanta, Fulton Co., Georgia.

More About ALFRED ARNOLD and LILLIAN FARRELL:
Marriage: Abt. 1920, Atlanta, Fulton Co., Georgia

7. JESSIE ROBERT EMMIT FARRELL (RICHARD WILLIAM, WILLIAM JOEL O' FARRELL) was born 15 May 1867 in Roscoe, Coweta Co., Georgia, and died 22 Feb 1937 in Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama. He married (1) LUCILLE MITCHELL. He married (2) MARTHA FRADY. He married (3) FLORENCE ESTELLE WEBB 17 Feb 1891 in Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama (Vol.18, page 086).

More About JESSIE ROBERT EMMIT FARRELL:
Burial: Maple Hill Cemetery (Block 15, Lot 26, Space 3) Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama

More About FLORENCE ESTELLE WEBB:
Burial: Maple Hill Cemetery (Block 15, Lot 26, Space 2) Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama

More About JESSIE FARRELL and FLORENCE WEBB:
Marriage: 17 Feb 1891, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama (Vol.18, page 086)

Children of JESSIE FARRELL and FLORENCE WEBB are:
i. BERNARD EMMITT4 FARRELL, b. 26 Oct 1892, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama; d. 19 Nov 1948, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama; m. CHARLOTTE "LOTTIE" SANDERS, 16 Jul 1914, Madison County, Alabama (Vol.39, page 555).

More About BERNARD EMMITT FARRELL:
Burial: Maple Hill Cemetery (Block 15, Lot 147, Space ?) Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama

More About BERNARD FARRELL and CHARLOTTE SANDERS:
Marriage: 16 Jul 1914, Madison County, Alabama (Vol.39, page 555)

ii. BEULAH VIVIAN FARRELL, b. 4 Dec 1894, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama; d. 22 Jan 1988, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama; m. FRITZELL BARNES, 25 Dec 1913, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama.

More About FRITZELL BARNES and BEULAH FARRELL:
Marriage: 25 Dec 1913, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama

iii. LEAMON BUEL FARRELL, SR., b. 5 Feb 1896, Hazel Green, Madison Co., Alabama; d. 6 Oct 1963, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama; m. (1) CLARA MAE LYLE, 3 Feb 1921, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama; m. (2) SARAH MABEL MAGDALENE ESLICK, 1 Apr 1933, Madison Co., Alabama; b. 24 Mar 1910, Lincoln Co., Tennessee; d. Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama.

More About LEAMON BUEL FARRELL, SR.:
Burial: Maple Hill Cemetery (Block 104, Lot 240, Space 3) Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama

More About LEAMON FARRELL and CLARA LYLE:
Marriage: 3 Feb 1921, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama

More About SARAH MABEL MAGDALENE ESLICK:
Burial: Maple Hill Cemetery (Block 104, Lot 240, Space 2) Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama

More About LEAMON FARRELL and SARAH ESLICK:
Marriage: 1 Apr 1933, Madison Co., Alabama

iv. JESSIE MAUDE FARRELL, b. 22 Apr 1898, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama; d. 11 Nov 1987, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama; m. SAM ALBERT "TED" LIGON, 8 Dec 1917, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama.

More About JESSIE MAUDE FARRELL:
Burial: Maple Hill Cemetery (Block 104, Lot 337, Space ?) Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama

More About SAM ALBERT "TED" LIGON:
Burial: Maple Hill Cemetery (Block 104, Lot 337, Space ?) Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama

More About SAM LIGON and JESSIE FARRELL:
Marriage: 8 Dec 1917, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama

v. LUCY MAE FARRELL, b. 24 May 1901, Hazel Green, Madison Co., Alabama; d. 22 Jun 1997, Hazel Green, Madison Co., Alabama; m. CHARLES TILLMAN WILSON, SR., 1 Jul 1920.

More About CHARLES WILSON and LUCY FARRELL:
Marriage: 1 Jul 1920

vi. FLORENCE ESTELLE FARRELL, b. 22 Nov 1907, Huntsville, Madison Co., Alabama; m. GEORGE WILLIAM BALLARD, 2 Jan 1925, Lawrence Co., Tennessee.

More About GEORGE WILLIAM BALLARD:
Burial: Greenwood Cemetery in Fort Worth, Texas

More About GEORGE BALLARD and FLORENCE FARRELL:
Marriage: 2 Jan 1925, Lawrence Co., Tennessee

8. MARY ELLEN "MOLLIE" FARRELL (RICHARD WILLIAM, WILLIAM JOEL O' FARRELL) was born 9 Feb 1869 in Roscoe, Coweta Co., Georgia, and died 18 Jun 1897 in Gurley, Madison Co., Alabama. She married JOHN AQUILLA QUICK, CSA CIVIL WAR VETERAN 18 Aug 1891 in Madison County, Alabama (Vol.18, Page 202), son of LODERICK QUICK and TABITHA MACDOUGAL. He was born Abt. 1843 in Lincoln County, Tennessee, and died 1911 in Hazel Green, Madison County, Alabama (Concord Cumberland Presbyterian Church Cemetery).

More About JOHN AQUILLA QUICK, CSA CIVIL WAR VETERAN:
Military service: Confederate in Civil War. Pension #16800. Service Aug 1862-May 1865.
Other Name: 10 Nov 2005, Julsen A. Quick was used by researcher Lowanna Hendrix. My info came from Riley Jarrett Farrell.
Probate: J. A. Quick, Probate No. 10384. Description: 1947; heirs; petitions.

More About JOHN QUICK and MARY FARRELL:
Marriage: 18 Aug 1891, Madison County, Alabama (Vol.18, Page 202)

Child of MARY FARRELL and JOHN QUICK is:
i. MARY LILLIAN4 QUICK, b. 26 Nov 1893, Gurley, Madison Co., Alabama; d. 24 May 1977, New Market, Madison County, Alabama; m. RONALD CLEBORN CURRY, 14 Dec 1913, Gurley, Madison Co., Alabama; b. 15 Feb 1889; d. 14 Dec 1986, New Market, Madison County, Alabama.

More About RONALD CLEBORN CURRY:
Social Security Number: 424-12-5420

More About RONALD CURRY and MARY QUICK:
Marriage: 14 Dec 1913, Gurley, Madison Co., Alabama

------------------------------------------------------------
My specific lineage is (Johnnie Elizabeth Farrell, William Oliver Farrell, Joel Thomas Farrell, Richard William Farrell the immigrant, William Joel O'Farrell.)

Posted: 14 Dec 2009 10:18PM GMT
Surnames: Reece, Farrell, Rhinesmith
There may be no connection here, but my Farrells came from County Wexford and settled in Clinton, Iowa. They are John Farrell, b. Jan 1, 1827 and wife, Mary b. 1831. This is all I have on my Ggrandparents (maternal).
If they fit in to this tapestry, please feel free to contact me directly.

Chuck Rhinesmith
tottka1@livingston.net

per page

Find a board about a specific topic