Search for content in message boards

William McKernan and wife Elizabeth Cassidy of townland of Drummack, Parish of Rasharkin, Co. Antrim

William McKernan and wife Elizabeth Cassidy of townland of Drummack, Parish of Rasharkin, Co. Antrim

Mary E .Delaney (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jan 2007 9:05AM GMT
Surnames: McKernan, Mooney, McKay, Daylett
ISO parents of William McKernan and wife Elizabeth Cassidy of townland of Drummack, Parish of Rasharkin, Co. Antrim.
They have at least 4 children : John, b ca1835, William, b ca 1836, James, b ca 1839 , Ann b 1849 Dies in infancy. and Ann , christened 2 Oct 1851. William marries Mary Mooney,19 Aug 1872. Mary's parents Edmond Mooney and Susan Lynn.William & Mary's children migrate to Scotland;James McKernan marries Mary Ann McKay, some of their children stay in Ire. while many go to Scotland & US. Ann Mckernan marries Thomas Daylett 5 Aug 1879 in Rasharkin. Some of their children migrate to Scotland. If you have any info on any of these names, will gladly share.

McKernan/McKiernan etc.

Posted: 13 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 2:49AM GMT
Surnames: McKernan, McKiernan
Doubt if I can be of help. I have James McKiernan outside of Ballycastle, Co. Antrim. He was born 1899. His parents were Charles McKiernan and Mary McAllister. Not sure when they were married. James was the youngest child. There may have been another after who died at an early age. Do know of a Henry McKiernan of Turnaroan ( the family homestead) who died Jan. 18, 1845 at the age of 84 years and his wife Sarah who died April 29, 1829 at the age of 60. This latter info was found on a tombstone in a cemetery in Culfriegn (sp?). This James was my father.

Also have a James McKernan who dropped the letter i who was from Co. Leitrim. He was my maternal grandfather.

JOHN AND MARY MCKERNAN

MAUREEN MCKERNAN HENDERSON (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: MCKERNAN, MCFERRAN, BLACK, BLACK
MY FATHER WAS BORN IN GLASGOW, SCOTLAND,JULY 18th.1898. HIS NAME AT BIRTH WAS FRANCIS AUGUSTINE MCKERNAN. HE CHANGED HIS NAME AT SOME TIME FROM FROM FRANCIS TO FRANK. MY GRAND FATHER WAS JOHN MCKERNAN. MY GRANDMOTHER NAME WAS MARY, HER MAIDEN NAME WAS MCFERRAN. JOHN AND MARY HAD SEVEN CHILDREN: NELLY(NAGELHAUT),LIZZIE (MURPHY), MARY(BLACK), MAGGIE (DOWNEY), JEAN (CONRAY),JOHN AND FRANCIS. MY GRANDMOTHER AND MY UNCLE JOHN DIED IN 1919. ALL THE REMAINING CHILDREN OF JOHN AND MARY CAME TO THE USA, EXCEPT MARY. MARY LIVED AND DIED IN BALLYCASTLE, IRELAND. MARY AND HER HUSBAND HAD A TAYLORING SHOP IN BALLYCASTLE. I WAS TOLD THAT MARY WOULD TAKE FLOWERS TO A CEMETERY IN RASHARKIN. THIS FALL MY HUSBAND AND I WILL BE GOING TO IRELAND, SCOTLAND AND ENGLAND. I HOPE TO FIND SOME INFORMATION ON MY ANCESTRY

John & Mary McKernan

Mary E. Delaney (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McKernan
I have marriage cert. for John McKernan and Mary McFerran in Rasharkin RC Chapel July 15, 1883. Also have info on the Jane & John McKernan buried in Rasharkin graveyard. Believe this would be your father's brother. There is also a Jane McKernan daughter of Dan McKernan who lived with her grandmother Jane and aunt Tillie in Rasharkin where they had a pub. Will gladly share if you'll contact me via e-mail at delane @ cconnect.net My grandfather was Joseph McKernan born Drumack, Rasharkin, Co. Antrim. He also lived in Scotland where he and his brother John had large families.Have visited there several times and am in contact with McKernan cousins there.
Mary Delaney

McKarnin, McKernan, McKearnon

Joyce Pecora (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McKarnin
One of my McKarnin relatives had McKernan as another spelling for our McKarnin's who came from Antim, Ireland in 1840's. We don't seem to be able to get them from Clay Co., Mo. From papers and Obituaries we have found were they migrated from. Our ancesters were James & Ann (McKenney) McKarnin or so it was spelled in Mo.. We can not find them listed anywhere on a ships list. So would you please let me know if your John had a brother James who came to USA in the 1840's and had a wife Named Ann can e-mail me at pecora@ laurie.net.
Thank you so much, Joyce

McKarnin, McKernan, McKearnon

Joyce Pecora (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McKarnin
One of my McKarnin relatives had McKernan as another spelling for our McKarnin's who came from Antim, Ireland in 1840's. We don't seem to be able to get them from Clay Co., Mo. From papers and Obituaries we have found were they migrated from. Our ancesters were James & Ann (McKenney) McKarnin or so it was spelled in Mo.. We can not find them listed anywhere on a ships list.

McKiernan

Posted: 22 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Posted: 9 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2001 8:16AM GMT
Surnames: McKernan
I am seeking information on Mary Jane Whiteford McKernan born Ballycastle cira 1848. Emigrated to Australis where she married John TOLMAN 25/6/1872. Any information on Mary Jane would be appreciated.
Patricia DAUMM
Australia

McFerran history

Denise McFerran Belisle (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McFerran
My grandfather, Robert James McFerran. left the Belfast area about 1910 at the age of 16 to come to Canada. His father's name was the same as his. He had two brothers, William (Billy) and Harry (possibly really Henry), who also followed him to Canada. His mother later followed her sons. Would like to know more about his Irish background. Could he be a relation to your grandmother, Mary?

McKiernan/McKernan UPDATE

Posted: 22 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McKiernan
Now know Charles Henry McKiernan's parents were Michael McKernan and Ann Hatty of Ballymoney. Charles Henry McKiernan was born in 1870. Searching for all of his siblings and more information on his father, Michael McKernan and his family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic