Surnames: Cinderich, Osich, Asich
Looking for information on Ivan and Anna
Cinderich. Ivan changed family name from
Osich/Asich for business reasons.

Re: Cinderich / Osich or Asich family from Jospidel

Posted: 3 Sep 2004 9:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cinderich, Bokolich, Luketich, Tuskan
I think that Mary Cinderich is my 1/2 aunt. Her mother was Anna( Bokolich) -Luketich-Cinderich. Anna married a Cinderich after her first husband, Stepon Luketich, died. After Mary's husband died, Mary married Blaz Tuskan. In the 1930 census for Minnesota, she is listed as 28 yrs old at that time. Mary died in Minnesota in 1985. My relatives came from Jospitol. That's about all the information I have. Did she have children? Do you have any other information on any relatives of Matt and Mary Luketich?? Matt is Mary's 1/2 brother.

Re: Cinderich / Osich or Asich family from Jospidel

Posted: 4 Sep 2004 11:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Susan,

The correct spelling Josipdol (sounds like yohseepdohl)

Also correct spelling is Stjepan (=Stephen)

Also the name CINDERIC has only a couple of listings in the Croatia phone book, however CINDRIC has over 1,000 listings

Also Ellis Island lists 0 CINDERIC but there are over 200 CINDRIC (and a few CINDRICH)

In re to BOKOLIC, there is only one listing found in Croatia phone book at a few at Ellis Island, but there are more BOKULIC found in both places.

JOSIPDOL, a town in Gorski Kotar, 10 km southeast of Ogulin, situated at the foot of Velika Kapela Mountain; elevation 300 m; population 1,116. Economy is based on wood-processing. Josipdol is located at the intersection of the main road Karlovac - Senj (M12.3) and the regional road Ogulin - Ostarije - Plaski and the railroad Zagreb - Ostarije - Split

Robert Jerin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions