Search for content in message boards

Gregorys in Texas

Gregorys in Texas

Posted: 22 May 2002 5:11PM GMT
In regard to the message regarding Gregorys who left Tennesse and some went to Oklahoma, some to Texas, I am starting to research my grandmother's family. Her name was Lena Gregory, married George Newton Taylor in Red River County Texas. She died about 1916 in Red River County and is buried at Manchester, Texas cemetery. Her father's name was Tank Gregory, mothers name unknown. Any connections?

Re: Gregorys in Texas

Posted: 22 Feb 2003 5:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gregory, Dunlap, and Caudle
Joy: Your gradmother Lena G. Gregory who m. George Newton Taylor and my grandmother are sisters. Wow!!! My grandmother was Minnie Dashwood Gregory m. James Thomas Dunlap. Minnie and Lena are daus of Thomas S. (Tank) Gregory and Laura Caudle Gregory. Laura was the dau. of Marcus W. and Eliza A. Caudle of Red River County, Texas. He owned and operated a large Lumber Mill there. My grnadmother went to your grandmother's to take care of her during the great flu epidemic and died that year also. Is my grandmother buried there also? We have not been able to find her grave or even what cemetery she was buried in. Hope you get this and will answer . My mother was Beulah Mae Dunlap Wiseman, b. in Delta County, Texas on 16 December 1908.
On the 1880 census RRC, TX Thomas S. and Laura are 24 and 20 yrs old living in the houshold of J. R. Gregory a Grocer. On the 1900 census Lena and Minnie D. are listed in the houshold of E. (Eliza) A. Caudle as granddaughters.
Bill Wiseman

Posted: 8 Jan 2011 11:02PM GMT
Surnames: Gregory, Bean
Bill,
In the 1880 RRC,TX census there was a L. R. Bean listed in the household of J.R. Gregory. Would you know what the connection was between the Gregory family and Mr. Bean?
Dolly

Posted: 5 Feb 2011 12:14AM GMT
Dolly: Bean must have truly been a boarder as he is not Mary brother as she was a Giddens. T. S. and Laura B. Caudle Gregory are my great grandparents.

Bill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions