Search for content in message boards

PILKERTON

Posted: 31 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Jan 2003 12:09AM GMT
Looking for any information on Thomas Wilson PILKERTON. He was my father. In 1956 or 1957 he was killed during a farming accident in Leonardtown. Is there anyone who can help me find an obituary in the local paper from that year? I was 5 years old when he died. Mom later remarried and never shared any information with me and I have been unable to locate any documents. I believe he and my mother were married in 1952 (I was born in October of that year), in Leonardtown (Catholic). Any information anyone can provide me would give me a great place to start. Thank you very much.

Thomas Wilson Pilkerton

Posted: 4 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Nov 2006 1:50AM GMT
Surnames: Pilkerton
Hi Tom,
I am your first cousin. My father Francis Jesse Pilkerton is your father's brother. I have been working on my family tree for about a year now. On a recent visit (my first) to the St. Mary's County Research Center in Leonardtown, MD, I found out that your father's first name was Thomas. I do not remember your dad, but I have seen your mom several times over the years at various funerals. I was born in 1954. You have a brother named Wayne, don't you? The last time I remember seeing you and Wayne was at a picnic at Aunt Mandi's and Uncle Willie's house on St. Barnabas Road in Oxon Hill when we were kids. My parents are your Uncle Jesse and Aunt Shirley. I have two sisters--Phyllis, born in 1949 and Peggy (Margaret Louise) born in 1956. I know that your dad is buried in St. Joseph's Cemetery, Morganza, St. Mary's Co., MD. I have never found his grave, prabably because I did not know his first name. I was looking for Wilson Pilkerton. Right now I am at work, so I don't hvae any mor info. right now. Over the weekend, I will check to see what info. I have. I remember seeing an index card at the research center on your dad's obit. I think I might have a copy of it.
So happy to hae found you,
JoAnn

Re: Thomas Wilson Pilkerton

Posted: 4 Nov 2001 10:00PM GMT
I am seeking information regarding the burial site of Helen Patricia Pilkerton. She died in April 1967. Would she be listed in your records?

Posted: 11 Nov 2001 6:28AM GMT
Helen Patricia Pilkerton died on April 16, 1967 and was buried in St. John's Catholic Cemetery (new) in Hollywood, St. Mary's County, Maryland. Her tombstone indicates that she was born on May 24, 1945. I hope this is of help.

Virginia Ann Higgs (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2004 2:56AM GMT
We're 1st.cousins.I Have been working on the family tree
for 18 years,and would be more than glad to share any
information and pictures with you.I am married to a
Mattingly--but used "Higgs"-thought you would pick up on
that.I am John Leon [Happy] & Helen Victoria Pilkerton
Higgs, daughter.I [or we,twin]were born in 1945,so I
remember your Mom and Dad well.Please contact me !!
AnnMatt1@aol.com---Will be waiting to hear from you !!

Posted: 22 Feb 2004 4:38PM GMT
Edited: 29 Apr 2004 9:31PM GMT
I remember your dad (Happy) so well crabbing around our pier on St. Clements Bay when I was a child. He was the most incredible crabber even with one arm! And he was so kind to us--just wanted you to know.

Anne Mattingly (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2004 8:15PM GMT
Christine,
Thank you for the comment about my Father.I have also
crabbed the poles many times.I don't do it anymore. I saw
your Mom in town last week.She always looks so GREAT !!
Does she still have her dog?We had to have Bow put to sleep
Nov.20,2003--it's hard to even type his name.I just found
this on the computer yesterday.A 1st.cousin that I have not
seen since he was a small child.Can't wait to hear from
him !! I'll be on here alot,since we both have large families.
Hope we will talk again soon.Take Care !! Ann

Re: PILKERTON

Ann Mattingly (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2004 1:57AM GMT
My uncle was Thomas Wilson Pilkerton from Mechanicsville,
Md.,was killed when the tractor turned over on him.To my knowledge,they only had two sons Thomas Jr. and
Wayne.His birth dateis April 28,1926.Check "The
Enterprise" newspaper Sept.27,1956-column 1-page 1.
The paper is either at the St Mary's Historical Society or
St. Mary's County Memorial Library in Lexington Park,Md.
The Historial Society is in Leonardtown,Md.And his wife did
remarry and her husband adopted the children.It is said she didn't discuss Thomas with the children.

Posted: 10 Aug 2013 1:23PM GMT
I am so sorry to bring up bad memories BUT I was at Tall Timbers that night in Apr 1967 and this guy asked me to dance. He then stalked me all night asking me to let him take me home. I finally got my friend to tell him we had to go home together and she had her car there. The next day I found out about Helen and who did it. I was sick to my stomach as I realized it could have been me. I do remember seeing Helen there that night sitting in a booth with some friends, but I was telling my children about it and how God is there when you need him and I completely forgot the murderer's name. I do remember he had just gotten home form Vietnam. Do you have his name and do you know if he is still in prison?

Posted: 10 Aug 2013 5:51PM GMT
Who were Helen's parents?

If you look at the newspaper article for which I've provided a link, you'll see that her murderer was William E. Cosden, Jr. who went on to commit another rape followed by an additional rape and murder. It certainly says nothing about how the legal system supposedly protects us.

See: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/DNA-match-leads-to-arr...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions