Search for content in message boards

Henry & Theresa M. Minor McNeal of Fairmont, NE 1885~

Henry & Theresa M. Minor McNeal of Fairmont, NE 1885~

Posted: 21 Nov 2006 8:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Nov 2006 1:59AM GMT
Surnames: McNeal, Minor, Lockwood
I am searching for the descendants of Henry McNeal and Theresa M. Minor. Henry McNeal was born in 1847 in NY and possibly died in Fairmont, NE. He married Theresa M. Minor (she was born in 1849 in IL and died on 9 Apr 1910 in Fairmont, NE) and they adopted a daughter named Maude C. McNeal who was born in Mar 1880 in NY. They removed from IL to Fairmont about 1885.

I would be happy to share any information I have on this family with anyone who is interested. Thanks, Judy.

Re: Henry & Theresa M. Minor McNeal of Fairmont, NE 1885~

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 5:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McNeal, Minor, Tolman, Shaw
Theresa Minor was the daughter (and only child) of Timothy Lockwood Minor and Maria Experience Tolman. Theresa is buried in Fairmont Cemetery, Fairmont, Nebraska:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=54...

Her gravestone says she was born 1 Jan. 1850, but I've found a website or two that claim she was born 31 Dec. 1849. Whatever, the absence of further proof, the gravestone inscription's date must be accepted rather than unsubstantiated claims found on the internet.

Theresa's mother Maria was the daughter of Silas Pepoon Tolman (1791-1863) and Experience "Spede" Shaw (circa 1795-circa 1855). Spede was an older sister of my mother's ancestor Manly Sherman Shaw (1811-1891). So, Theresa Minor was the second cousin of Sherman Linn Shaw, my great-grandfather. If you or anyone else have discovered any descendants of Theresa Minor, I'd very much like to know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions