Search for content in message boards

Margaret E. Munn Sutton

Margaret E. Munn Sutton

Kathryn B. Fisher (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Munn
Margaret E. Munn married my great-great-grandfather, who was John Jacob (J.J. Sutton). He served in the Confederate Army. Margaret was born 12-29-1832, died 2-18-1909, and married 10-15-1850. Her tombstone shows just Margaret E., wife of J. J. Sutton, and birthday, day of marriage, and date of death. I have no proof that her maiden name was Munn. I need a copy of a document that would serve as proof that her maiden name was Munn. Also, would like to know what the E. stands for. I need this proof in order to join an organization which requires proof of names, etc.

Margaret Munn

Robert Webb (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Munn, Sutton, Schroter, Dubbert
You could send off for a death certificate from the SC Bureau of Vital Statistics in Columbia for one or more of John and Margaret's children. The certificate should have Margaret's maiden name listed.

Margaret's father was Daniel Munn and her mother was Rosalie Schroter (Anglized to Streetor). John's father was Tarlor Sutton and his mother was Nancy Schroter. Nancy and Rosalie were sisters. Their father was John Jacob Schroter, mother was Elizabeth Dubbert.

Tarlor Sutton & family

Robert Webb (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Munn, Sutton, Schroter, Dubbert
Tarlor Sutton was born in 1802 in South Carolina. He married Nancy Schroter about 1826, probably in Chesterfield Co., SC. She was the daughter of John Jacob Schroter and Elizabeth Dubbert. John was probably from Germany or Holland, Elizabeth's family came from Switzerland in the 1700s. Tarlor and Nancy had 11 children; John Jacob Sutton, Martha, Harriet Rosanne, Mary Ann, Elizabeth Rosalie, Sarah Ann, Tarlor O'Gwin (Jr?), William Goshen, James Frederick, Marcus Wesley and Louisa Jane (Jenny). Tarlor died 27 June 1874, Nancy died 1 February 1892. They have a marker at Fork Creek Church in Chesterfield Co., but Tarlor is not actually buried there; he was buried in the old Munn Cemetery near the Road Branch Church east of Jefferson. All of the markers in that old cemetery are gone except one; the marker for Charlotte Felestia Scroter Campbell, Nancy's sister. This was on or near the old Schroter land.

I don't know who Tarlor's parents were or who any of his siblings were. There was a John Sutton in the area in the early 1800s that I suspect may have been Tarlor's father, but have no evidence to prove it.

Tarlor SUTTON

Posted: 8 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2004 4:06PM GMT
Surnames: SUTTON, FIELDS, ALEXANDER, PHILLIPS

I'm looking for connection(s) to my ggf, Zachariah SUTTON, found on the Lancaster Co., 1860, 1870 census.

In 1860, he is age 28 and married to Mary Ann PHILLIPS SUTTON, with one child.

In the Kershaw Co., 1880 census, Mary Ann PHILLIPS SUTTON is listed as a widow, with two remaining children, one my gfather, George Franklin SUTTON, age 16.

Do you have the information for Tarlor SUTTON's family, siblings, parents, origins, etc.?

Thanks,

David T. Sutton
Hendersonville, N.C.
orange58@webtv.net

Charlotte Felestia S. Campbell

Carolyn Spears (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dubbert, Schroter, Campbell
Kershaw County SC Queries
Charlotte Felestia Scroter (or Schroter) Campbell was my gg grandmother. She was married to Alexander Campbell of Chesterfield County, SC. I would appreciate any additonal information I can get on this family.

Thank you.

Scroter/Campbell

Edna (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Horton
This is what I have on John Scroter. Would also be interested in your Evans info of Kershaw Co.

Descendants of John Jacob Scroter

1 John Jacob Scroter b: 1760 at Holland>England> USA Fact 1: Census taker
. +Elizabeth Dubbert b: 1774 at Charleston, SC m: 9 November 1800 at Charleston, SC Father: John Frederick Dubbert, Rev Mother: Nancy Beamen

2 Charlotte Felista Scroter b: 1810 at SC d: 7 July 1864 at Munn Cem, Jefferson, Chesterfield Co., SC
.... +Alexander D Sandy Campbell b: Abt. 1800 at Scotland, or NC m: Abt. 1830 d: 18 October 1867 at Chesterfield Co., SC Father: Duncan Campbell Mother: Unknown

2 Mary Scroter b: 1812 at SC d: Abt. 1839 at Munn Cem. Jefferson, SC
.... +Angus Munn b: 1806 at Bladen Co, NC m: Abt. 1831 d: 1882 at Munn Cem, Bethune, Kershaw Co., SC Father: John Munn Mother: Unknown

2 Nancy Ann Scroter b: 1812 d: 1 February 1892 at Fork Creek, Chesterfield Co., SC
.... +Tolar Sutton b: Abt. 1802 at SC m: Abt. 1826 at Chesterfield Co., SC d: 27 June 1874 at Fork Creek, Chesterfield Co., SC

2 Rosalee Scroter b: Abt. 1815 d: Abt. 1887 at Munn Cem., Bethune, SC
.... +Daniel Munn b: 1800 at Bladen NC d: Abt. 1880 at Munn Cem., Bethune, SC Father: John Munn Mother: Unknown

Campbells in kershaw

helen Duschinski (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Schoeder
I have been looking at J.J.Schoeder for several years as he was doing a lot of business with my gggggrandfather William Evans. They both started out in Anson County, NC in the early 1800's and then both moved their families down into Chesterfield, SC. They were very close with the Holly family also. J,J, Schoeder witnessed a Holly will. At that time, J.J. Schoeder was married to Rosilee, who was his first wife. He bought a slave in Charleston circa 1808. I have seen this purchase at the SC Archives. I wonder if they (the Evans family and the Schoeder family) might be linked thru the Campbell family as my William Evans's oldest son Marshall Evans married Mary Campbell circa 1830 and that couple later moved from Chesterfield County to Kershaw County. Later, after the Civil War, they show up in Augusta, Georgia. Do you know much about the Campbells? There are so many Campbells and I don't have a handle on them. Helen Duschisnki HED1440@aol.com

Re: Tarlor Sutton & family

Posted: 13 Aug 2001 6:47PM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2004 9:02PM GMT
Tarlor was married to Nancy Streeter and also to Annie Tarlton. I believe Nancy was his second wife, since their markers are both in the Fork Creek Churchcemetary in Jefferson. His son Tarlor O. was not listed in census records from 1840 forward. Perhaps he died at birth or soon thereafter. Might the Fork Creek Church in Jefferson have a record of his death and burial? There isn't a marker for him in the Fork Creek cemetary. Therefore, he might be buried with his father in the Munn cemetary. A death or funeral record might reveal the name of his Grandfather, Tarlor's father.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions