Search for content in message boards

Morris W. KERVIN -- b. 1806 SC

Morris W. KERVIN -- b. 1806 SC

Cindy (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
The Morris W.Kervin 1806 from S.Carolina (found in the Kervin Cemetery in Alabama) was the father of Morris Watson Kervin b. 11 June 1836 that was found in Mississippi.Both had more than one wife.Try GenForum and type in Kervin for more researcher's of this surname.Hope that may help you.
Happy hunting,
Cindy

Re: Morris KERVIN

Posted: 1 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2002 7:51AM GMT
Surnames: Kirven, Kervin
Researcher ED KERVIN, longtime member of the Butler County Historical Society, has extensively documented the descendants of MORRIS KIRVEN/KERVIN. He has listed numerous queries on that family in the BCHS quarterly, and printed a book on the family, as well as listing his ancestors in the "Members List and Research Exchange" BCHS quarterly issue (April-July 1999). Your ancestors are listed. Suggest you contact him -- and join BCHS, to contact many local researchers who may never "surf the net." Membership $12 per year, 4 quarterlies 20+ pages each. BCHS, P. O. Box 561, Greenville, AL 36037. I'm a descendant of your cousin Rev. William Kirven who died 1845 Dallas Co., AL -- Regards, Annie Crenshaw

Posted: 1 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2002 7:51AM GMT
Surnames: Kirven, Kervin
Researcher ED KERVIN, longtime member of the Butler County Historical Society, has extensively documented the descendants of MORRIS KIRVEN/KERVIN. He has listed numerous queries on that family in the BCHS quarterly, and printed a book on the family, as well as listing his ancestors in the "Members List and Research Exchange" BCHS quarterly issue (April-July 1999). Your ancestors are listed

Re: Morris W. KERVIN

Posted: 5 Sep 2001 2:18AM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2001 7:24PM GMT
Surnames: Kervin, Pouncey, Morgan
Morris W. Kervin was my great great grandfather he had two wives. The first was Lucinda Morgan from Lowdnes Co. Alabama. They married in 1830. It is rumored they had two boys Peter and Tom. He married Liza Pouncey in 1835. Together they had ten boys and one girl. His first born son was Morris Watons Kervin, Jr. born June 11, 1836. He moved to Mississippi and married several times and had many children.

R. Morris KERVIN, b. 1881

Rita Jones (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2002 4:32AM GMT
Surnames: Kervin, Pittman
My great grandfather was R.Morris Kervin (b.Oct.2,1881 d.March 9,1927) He was married to Lilla A. b.Sept.23,1888 d.Nov. 1,1968)They are both buried in the New Home cemetery in the woods between Red Level and McKenzie, AL. My grandmother was the baby of their children Mildred L. Kervin Pittman(married Charlie Pittman) Several of Morris and big momma's children are buried in the same cemetery(Ray-Sept.2,1918 to Apr.9,1969),Vernell(March 23,1913 to May 3,1930), Felton(Sept.20, 1906 to Jan.30,1907)Gladis(June 14,1905 to Oct. 7,1905). One of my maw maw's brother's-was called "L" He and his wife Louise are buried in the Welcome cemetery in Red Level, AL. Uncle "A" is alive in Mobile, Aunt Lois is alive in Red Level. Uncle Morris "T" Kervin is buried in Texas. My grandmother Mildred is alive in Red Level. There is a Kervin coat of arms that my grandmother has. After researching, it appears that the Kervin people were called Kearvin in Ireland and traveled from the GA coast across GA and AL and settled in the Covington and Butler county areas of AL. Please share with me any info that you have as I feel that your branch of this tree is very close to mine if not the same.

Re: Reason H. KERVIN

Chris Kervin (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2002 3:32AM GMT
Rita,
Your great grandfathers dad (Reason H. Kervin) and my great grandfather (william Doss Kervin) were brothers. If you will send me your email address I will send you more information.

Chris
kpgriffin@aol.com

Re: Morris W. KERVIN, b. 1806

Ruth & Guy (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2002 6:26PM GMT
Chris,
Would love to hear from you on the Kervin genealogy. Guy's grandfather was Daniel Dozier Kervin. His father was Morris Watson Kervin Born 1806. Do you have any information on his parents and siblings? Guy

Re: Morris KERVIN -- of MD

Posted: 5 Aug 2004 4:34PM GMT
Surnames: Kirven
Could this be this the same Morris Kirwan that lived in Dorchester County, MD, from 1700 to 1744-55? We've been trying to find his ancestors--when they emigrated (from Ireland we suppose) and where. His descendants are mainly Kirvens now, in SC, AL, and TX. We're compiling a gedcom.

Posted: 27 Feb 2006 3:39PM GMT
My e-mail address as of January 2006 is: anniecrenshaw@centurytel.net

Please contact me directly and I'll be glad to share information on Morris Kirven/Kervin and others.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions