Search for content in message boards

Arsenne Perreault

Arsenne Perreault

Posted: 30 Dec 2007 8:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on ARSENE PERREAULT
son of Marie LEMIRE and Edouard Perreault, born abt. 1876, probably near or in Wotton, QC
need: date of birth, marriage - an elderly relative believes this cousin had at least one son named Henry or Henri

Re: Arsenne Perreault

Posted: 11 Mar 2008 11:54PM GMT
Surnames: Perreault
His first name was not Arsenne, but Edouard, born on Aug 14, 1842 at Kingsey (Saint-Felix), Drummond Co., married
to Marie Lemire, on May 2, 1870 at Wotton. He died on April
12, 1891 at Wotton.
He was baptised as Nazaire Louis.
His parents were Edouard Perreault and Esther Charland dit
Francoeur (who were married on Nov 24, 1841 at Kingsey
(but recorded at Drummondville (St.Frederic's)

Posted: 12 Mar 2008 12:10AM GMT
Thank you Robert. I have the most of the same information. I did not have Edouard's birth info, so that helps. What I'm looking for is their SON, Arsenne. Here's what I have:
[Source: grandad Edouard Gregoire’s notes and scrapbooks. Marie Lemire was his aunt, sister of his mother Melina Lemire... Arsenne was his first cousin.)

Marie Lemire, daughter of Louis Lemire and Marie O’Bready was born 29 Jun 1844 at St. Esprit de l’Achigan and was baptized on the same day. She died 05 Mar 1933. Marie married Edouard Perreault), son of Edouard Perreault and Esther Charland on 02 May 1870. Marie and Edouard had two children, Arsenne Perreault and Marie Perreault. A news clipping found in grandad’s scrapbook, hand-dated 1901 by him, announced the fatal accident of Mr. A. Perrault (assuming this is Arsenne... dates fit...) The article reports that “Mr. A. Perrault, age 28, working for the Canadian Sugar Refinery, was on a scaffold 35 feet above the ground when he lost his balance and fell. He died of a fractured skull and multiple injuries.” Grandad kept clippings of all his relatives, meticulously dating each clipping, and underlining relatives names.

Posted: 14 Mar 2008 6:09PM GMT
Surnames: Perreault
Edouard Perreault and Marie Lemire had two children :

Marie, born July 18, 1872 at Wotton (baptised as Marie-Eugenie, she married to Hilarion CHARLAND, on Sept 14, 1896 at Wotton, died on January 24, 1960 at Sherbrooke,
buried at Wotton.

Arsene born March 25, 1876 at Wotton (baptised as Joseph-Arsene, he married to Lucia ROSS, on June 30, 1902
at Thetford, died on Aug 23, 1904 at Montreal, buried at
Wotton.

Posted: 26 Mar 2008 4:19PM GMT
Thanks Robert. The date of death helps tremendously.

My grandfather had a small clipping, hand-dated 1904, announced the fatal accident for Mr. A. Perrault. Now that I have the date of death, I'm almost sure this is the cause. Hoping someone can verify that. The article reports that “Mr. A. Perrault, age 28, working for the Canadian Sugar Refinery, was on a scaffold 35 feet above the ground when he lost his balance and fell. He died of a fractured skull and multiple injuries.”
per page

Find a board about a specific topic