Search for content in message boards

Morford

Morford

Mildred Hirnikel (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2006 6:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morford, Vantine
My g.grandmother was Susan Isabelle Morford. She was b.
in Va, in 1838. Married Allen Vantine in 1855. They lived in
Bracken County and had 5 children. Susan died in 1921 in
Maysville, Ky. {Mason County.

Re: Morford

Pauli Sears (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2006 3:46PM GMT
Surnames: Morford
Can you tell me who Susan's parents were? My g-grandmother was a Morford (Anna) bn in NY and died in Michigan. She was born 1849 and died in 1924. Her parents were William Morford bn abt 1817 in NY and Mary/Polly Nelson bn 1827 in NY. I am trying to connect William Morford to parents...... Thanks, Pauli

Jolene (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2006 5:42PM GMT
Hi Pauli,

I don't know anything about the Morford's. I'm trying to find my Dad's real Father. I have the name Harold Charles Morford, on the copy of the marriage license, from Ohio. In the 1920 Fed. Census they were living in Los Angeles, and he was from Colorado. The LDS sight has him born in Salt Lake City, which is where they were married. I don't know any family names, and that might not really be his name.

Sorry

Jolene

Posted: 12 Nov 2006 9:43PM GMT
The parents of your William Morford are:
Charles Morford - Anne Finley
Zebulon Morford - Susanna Barton
John Morford Jr. - Abigail
John Morford - Margaret

I can send you my data if you need it.

Roberta

Pauli Sears (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2006 12:28AM GMT
What proof do you have that these are the parents of William? Pauli

Posted: 16 Nov 2006 10:51PM GMT
Pauli, I am doing some New York census research on your William. In checking the censuses on Charles who we have as his father, Charles doesn't appear to have children the age of William.

I think most of my data on this line was from you to the Morford List a couple of years ago. Have you found any other leads?

Roberta

Posted: 2 Sep 2009 11:43AM GMT
Roberta, still am searching for parentage of William Morford. However, I find that according to his Civil War service record he enlisted at the age of 40 in the year 1862. Therefore, this indicates he was born about 1822 instead of 1817. There is also a possibility that he was born in Pennsylvania and not New York. I am now looking into other avenues including some of the Morfords from PA. Pauli

Posted: 3 Sep 2009 7:40PM GMT
Pauli, thanks for the note I will change his birthdate to 1822. However, all censuses say he was born in NY.

I am working on my Morford/Bell database and hope to have it on line in January. I am getting censuses for all lines that I have listed.

Your guy is really a tough one.

Roberta

Posted: 4 Sep 2009 10:54AM GMT
yep - he is a tough one.... I found the census has him born in NY, also from 1817 -1825 as a birth year depending on the census year. Guess he couldn't remember when he was born. I have several Bells who married Morfords, - but as I can't connect William Morford, I can't say how they fit in. I can give you the names, if you want them. Pauli

Posted: 4 Sep 2009 8:15PM GMT
Pauli,
Have you found him on the 1850 or 1860 census? I have tried every which way and haven't found them. I read Batavia and Bethany line by line in 1850.

I have 1870-1900 and his married children.

Roberta
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions