Search for content in message boards

CREEK INDIAN FAMILIES

Re: CREEK INDIAN FAMILIES

Clemente Deleon-Catts (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2001 12:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Franklin/Catts
I am looking for imformation on the Franklin surname my GreatGrandmother was name was Amelia Franklin she married Hunter Catts of Dallas county,Alabama in 1885.I believe she may have been of Creek blood. Please send info.

Thank you.

Re: Hightower surname

Mary Ervin Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2001 4:18PM GMT
Surnames: Hightower-Ervin
I am looking for my mother, Sarah Francis { Mamie Jane} Hightower. She was from Rome, Floyd County, Georgia. Came to Alabama with the Heard Family. Married John Henry Ervin. They had one child me. She died 18 Dec., 1950 in Heflin, Cleburne County, Alabama. She arrived in said place at six years of age. Would like to find relatives, I never knew her, she died when I was nine months old. Any help would be appreciated. She is buried in the Heflin City Cemetery. Mary

Lorie Bays (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2001 8:18AM GMT
Mary, I got your reply and wanted to touch base with you, I am sorry to say I have no information to share with you on that individual, and I did a search in Tony Rockefeller's database for Hightower's and found nothing, but I would encourage you to check the site personally, at rootsweb, it is very informative, and it can give you a link to Tony himself, he may be able to help more than I . good luck in your search, don't ever give up. Lorie

Posted: 20 Nov 2001 4:30PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jul 2002 5:21PM GMT
Surnames: HIGHTOWER,MCINTYRE.
Mary,

I'm afraid the name SARAH FRANCIS ( MAMIE JANE) doesn't ring a bell. My Hightower line is from Georgia. My GGgrandmother was ELLENDER CROW she married WILLIAM J. HIGHTOWER they had 6 children: MARY ELLEN , WILLIAM JONATHAN, LOU, JOHN A., SAVANNAH, & WATKINS. Do you know if your mother had brothers or sisters? Mary Ellen was my ggrandmother, b. feb. 12, 1853, Georgia; d. nov. 22, 1916. Buried in AL.. She was married to JOHN HENRY MCINTYRE. Let me know if you know anymore about your mother.

Re: Hightower

Delane Dees Chappell (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2002 2:46AM GMT
John and Ada Ross had a daughter named Dannie Ross, who was never married. Dannie had a daughter named Exa Lou Ross. Exa Lou was married to John M. Stuckey and later to Mr. Hightower. Exa Lou was a little bitty woman, wore size 4-5 shoes and had some of the neatest hats and high heels. My sister and I played in them after she and John divorced. They had two children Lance STuckey and Anne Stuckey. My mother, Frances Snowden Dees Stuckey House, married John Stuckey. I have dates on all this and confirmation materials.

Re: CREEK INDIAN FAMILIES

Posted: 1 Feb 2002 2:40AM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2003 11:49PM GMT
Surnames: hightower, oleta, littleheart (sp?), shouse, parnell
I have been looking for info. on certain ancestors for a while. I was specifically looking for : Oleta Littleheart. I saw a querry in the b oards while back looking for Oleta Littleheart Hightower. Too close to be coincidental?! any lincage to family name shouse, or parnell? I would appreciate hearing what you know on the subject. thanks, janie

Kay (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2002 4:18PM GMT
My Grandfather was Frank Dorsey Hightower. He lived in Cedartown, Ga which is in Polk. His family orginally came from Alabama where the first Hightowers were sheep hearders. Do you think that their might be a connection there?
Kay Hightower Morgan

Posted: 3 Aug 2002 4:00AM GMT
Surnames: Hightower, Fannin, Fanning
Do you know of any connection between Joshua Hightower and Bryan Fannin,Sr.(Fanning) of Amelia County, Va. ca. 1765?

Sincerely,
Pat Fannin

Re: Hightowers

Posted: 3 Aug 2002 4:15AM GMT
In Amelia County, Va. in February of 1765 a Joshua Hightower was mentioned in the Will of Bryan Fannin,Sr. (Fanning). Bryan Fannin lived in Nottoway Parish of Amelia County. I believe Joshua Hightower may have been related to the Fannin's possibly through marriage. If you know anything about these folks, please contact me.

Sincerely,
Pat Fannin

Posted: 18 Feb 2003 1:02AM GMT
Edited: 16 Sep 2003 3:57AM GMT
In 1765 a will of Bryan Fannin of Amelia County, Va. was witnessed by one Joshua Hightower. Do you know of any connection between this man and your Hightowers?

Sincerely,
Pat Fannin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions