Search for content in message boards

Attach Fact to multiple records

Attach Fact to multiple records

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 5:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
When adding a fact (Residence for example), it would be nice to be able to have a listing of family members to select to also add that fact to.

I add residence information from news articles (obituaries, weddings, reunions, etc) to an individual. This information might also apply to spouse and children (if born at that time). It would be nice to see the house members, with birth and death dates, to select and attach the fact to.

This information will be helpfull to locate the individual in the next census release.

Re: Attach Fact to multiple records

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 11:30AM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2013 1:36PM GMT
they told me....now it s by number.

missing older familysearch who gave it.

hope they hear us.

it was very much easy

rolande

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 6:27AM GMT
Agreed. Maybe a list of immediate family members?

Of course, Ancestry doesn't even get this right with the census half the time.

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 2:03PM GMT
FWIW - this is available in FTM

Add the Fact to one person
Add appropriate citations to the fact.

Select the Fact
Right Click - Copy

To right-click paste is a bit involved.
FTM will paste to parents, siblings, spouses, children of a selected person.

Within the above family members of the person that copied, just immediately Right Click Paste and select the family members. The Fact and all attached citations will paste to the appropriate family members.

If the person is a nephew, for example, pick one of the above in that nephew's family, select any fact, right-click, paste, and get the listing of that person's parents, siblings, spouses, and children - to include the nephew.

FTM has many other advantages over the on-line prsentation, not the least of which is providing a backup to the on-line tree, more advanced reports and data-management capabilities (like centralized Places management).

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 4:55PM GMT
I do have FTM and I will try your suggestion. It seems like a need for the online trees also.

Thanks for your reply.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic