Search for content in message boards

Lineage of George Rogers Clark

Lineage of George Rogers Clark

Gary A. Clark (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2000 10:25AM GMT
Where may I find information on the direct descendants and family history of famed Revolutionary War hero George Rogers Clark (b. 1752 d. 1818)?

George Rogers Clark

Don Walker (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2000 3:31PM GMT
Gary The book From Sea to Shining Sea by James A. Thom has a page on the Rogers and Clarks, family history. The book it self is about the Clark family.

George Rogers Clark

Posted: 15 Apr 2000 8:22AM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2001 1:26PM GMT
I am a decendent of George Rogers Clark. He is my great, great, great, great uncle. He never married and had no children. I always refer people to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Family History Center. You don't have to be a member, just make an appointment at your nearest church and they will help you with the rest. They are very helpful and it's one of the largest history centers. I've found more info on George Rogers Clark than William Clark so I know you'll have luck there.

Clark Book

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2000 5:52PM GMT
Where might I find this book on the Clarks?

William Clark OF Lewis and

Posted: 24 Apr 2000 10:38PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 1:19AM GMT
We are descendants of William but do not have a lot of the history. Would like to hear from other descendants. THanks

Clark Book

Don Walker (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2000 5:09PM GMT
Karen Try Amazon.com the title is "From Sea to Shining Sea" by James A. Thom, he also wrote "Long Knife" about George Rogers Clark.

Lewis Clark info

Posted: 27 Apr 2000 7:04PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
Please check out my website
PHOTOGRAPHS FROM THE PAST

http://www.crosswinds.net/~plantation/photo2q.html

There is a photo of Sam Clark who was related to William Clark. I have a letter wherein he mentions some of his ancestry.

Rogers-clark

Ann Rogers (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2000 4:54PM GMT
I'm searching for a possible Rogers/clark connection. Is your relation through the rogers or clark side? I'm investigating a family rumor that we are related to William Clark, which is where my husband's great grandfather, George Clark Rogers, supposedly got his name from. George Clark Rogers' father was George WAshington Rogers, born 1811 in CT. Does this ring any bells with you?
Ann Rogers

Rogers-Clark

Posted: 22 Jun 2000 4:22PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2001 1:26PM GMT
William Clark was my great, great, great, great grandfather. Ann Rogers was his mother and George Rogers Clark was his brother. I don't know of any being in CT, Virginia is where they are from and William was born in 1777 and George Rogers about 30 years prior. I hope this helps.
Posted: 17 Nov 2000 2:58PM GMT
Edited: 16 Apr 2002 2:31AM GMT
I am a desendant of William clark please eamil. carnahan_lori@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions