Search for content in message boards

Preston Ancestry

Preston Ancestry

Posted: 9 Aug 2012 2:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have read most of the preston posts and I will keep an eye out for what you have asked about. I know I have seen a lot of the names mentioned and I will go through things I have. I have gone back to 1044 so far. I believe all Prestons are somewhere down the line related. I have put all brother and sisters to all the preston siblings in my tree. We started out with the name DePreston and later Preston. my Daughter was doing a report on the first settlers and so I was going through a web site the had the Prestons listed. I believe I saw Roger Preston on there I will have to look. I do think he was on the same ship as my gggggggg Grand father Daniel and his broth Edward. I think it was the Elizabeth and Ann.

Re: Preston Ancestry

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 1:58AM GMT
We where looking for a little help in locating information on my grat grandfater William Preston around 1788. He arrived in New Brunswick, Canada and we are finding it difficult to get beyond this.

Just wondering if anyone has anything that may relate to the name or the year that may gives us a little more to continue our search?

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 2:43AM GMT
Hi! Theresa My william Preston was born in 1590/91 died 1649 but had 14 children. I also he had a brother but don't know his name. but could be that since yours was 1788 could be one of the children's sons if not could be a cousin. do you have other info. I will check through what i can find though the children. I do know my 9th great grand father came on the ship the true love in 1635 but laned in New England. I be leave one way or another all Prestons are related! give me a few days. I have connected to three other Prestons that share my 7th great grand father Daniel Preston. let you know what I can find out. Loretta

Posted: 1 Nov 2012 8:49PM GMT
Loretta~ Amazed at how far back you have gotten on the Prestons! My grandmother is Catherine "Kitty" Preston (married Richard Pavlat). Her father was Thomas Arthur Preston 1868 Ontario - 1928 Michigan. His father was James Preston 1832 Ontario - ?. His father was Walter Preston 1812 Scotland (pos. Ireland) - ?. I am simply stuck at this point! Would you happen to have any of these names on your tree???? Any leads would be a great help!!! ~Jolie

Posted: 2 Nov 2012 12:55PM GMT
Sorry I am so late in replying, but this is the info that I have. We know that one of the relative went somewhere in Ontario, but we are not sure which one he was, I did find a cousin here in NS that was originally from Ont, but lost track of him so didn't much info. However this is the info that I have
William Preston B=1788 Married Clementina Guimmond or (Jimmo)
their children were:- John Born 16 Sept 1817, Marie Born 15 Aug 1819, Louis Born 1 Mar 1822 Died 1870, Margaret Born 10 Feb 1823 Died 1875, James Norbert Born 7 Feb 1825 in Scotland Died 1880(He was my husband's ggrandfather) William Lewis Born 26 Aug 1834 in Escuminac, NB Died 3 Feb 1910 in Escuminac, NB, Ann Born 1831, and Sarah Jane Born in 1833.
Hope this helps
Theresa

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 6:02PM GMT
Wow, that's pretty amazing. I would love to connect my Preston line with yours. The furthest I go back is to Roger Preston (1614-1666) of London and his wife Martha. I have no idea if we're talking about the same Roger, but maybe so. I only have one of his sons, and then one of each of their sons for many generations, so my information is limited. My line goes (most of which lived in Massachusettes): Roger(1614)>Samuel(1651)>Samuel(1672)>Samuel(1709)>James(1729)>James(1775)>James(1803)>John Boyd(1836), and finally fans out. Do you see any connections?

Let me know!

Posted: 20 Dec 2012 12:07AM GMT
I am a direct descendant of Roger Preston and have done a great deal of geanology...would be interested to see what you have done...Elizabeth Preston Doyle
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions