Search for content in message boards

Bigham - McNaught

Bigham - McNaught

Posted: 13 Jul 2008 3:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bigham McNaught
I am searching for records of the children of John W. Bigham and Roxy A. McNaught married in May 1877 in Warren County Iowa. Also birth records of their first child Louisa M. or Lula M. born in June 1778 at Warren County, Iowa.
Any information will be appreciated.
Charlie McBride

Re: Bigham - McNaught

Posted: 13 Jul 2008 3:29PM GMT
ok, this is probably going to be backwards, as i'm finding them in an odd way. this first one is from the 1920 census record of wichita, sedgwick, kansas.

John W Bigham 70 b. ohio
Roxy E Bigham 61 b. iowa
Elizabeth Bigham 19 b. oklahoma
Cecil I Bigham 14 b. kansas

this is from the 1880 census from neosho, cherokee, kansas

John W. Bigham 30 b. ohio
Roxy Bigham 22 b. wisconsin
Louie Bigham 2 b. iowa and is a daughter
Robert E. Bigham 4m b. kansas

according to another website, he was b. 4 june 1849 in voca, wayne, ohio d. 1928, and she was b. 23 nov 1858 in centrville, knox, illinois. m. 17 may 1877 in iowa.
her name is listed as roxy anne "rose" mcnaught

another site i found has a child lula mae bigham, b. 17 june 1878, warren county, iowa, d. 21 dec 1939 in newton, kansas. she m. a charles e. jones, b. 1870, mccomb, ill, d. 1947 wichita, kansas. children are, clyde jones, b. 1914, wichita, kansas, lula marie jones, b. 2 sep 1916, wichita, kansas, d. 27 june 1984, landrum, s.c., m. a wayne page, then bruce henry mcbride. one child by page, 8 children by mcbride.

i hope this helps

Posted: 13 Jul 2008 5:51PM GMT
Thank you for your response. I had found the same sources and I am hoping to resolve the conflict of birth places for Roxy. Also the name of their first born. I have been unable to locate a copy of her birth record. My grandmother is the Lula M. Bigham Jones who died in 1939 and is buried at Wichita, KS. The 1880 census you cited lists her as “Louie”; the 1900 census lists her as Louisa, wife of Charles E. Jones; in the 1910 census it is L. M. Jones; 1920 census as Lula May Jones; the 1930 as Lula M. and her tombstone lists her as Lula M. Jones. The 1885 Kansas census lists a John Bigham family in Cherokee County, the wife is Roxy and their first born is a 6 year old female named Lewis. I am hoping that someone else has researched this family and can help me determine if this is all the same family. Thanks again, Charlie

Posted: 13 Jul 2008 9:15PM GMT
I'm sorry that i couldn't help you an further. Have you been in touch with the Genealogical Society in Indianola, Warren, Iowa or the one in Wichita. There might be some help there for you.

Janis
per page

Find a board about a specific topic