Search for content in message boards

wes parker currituck,nc

wes parker currituck,nc

jenny (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2000 9:39AM GMT
wes parker is my gg grandfather he was married to beth ballard they both lived in currituck,nc.my greatgrandmothers name was mary elizabeth parker i don't know how many siblings she had if any one can help please reply thanks.

Wes Parker, Currituck, nc

Posted: 16 May 2000 8:45PM GMT
Edited: 25 Sep 2002 11:47PM GMT
I don't know if there is even a possibility
that this can help you. My ggrandfather, Joseph
Maron Parker had a sister Mary Elizabeth who
was born abt 1842 in Herd County Ga, It is my
understanding that she married an Abe Hill abt 1867 and
then married a Jon Holbert. Their parents were
Robert Parker who married Malinda Hearn in
1844 in Houston Co. Ga. We have not been able
to find his parents. Let me know if these dates
even resemble something close to what you are
looking at. I will look forward to hearing
from you. Thanks. Ruth

Our Parker relatives

Posted: 20 May 2000 11:28AM GMT
Edited: 18 Aug 2001 3:57PM GMT
Jenny - Your great-grandmother Mary Eliza Parker was the daughter of Sylvester Gray Parker, dob 12 Jun 1867 and Elizabeth Arabelle Ballard, dob 29 Apr 1876. Sylvester was born on Portsmouth Island, in Carteret County. His father was James E. Parker, born 1830, married to Eliza W. Dixon, born 1835. Their children were Julia Parker, b 1857; Caroline Parker, b 1859; James Parker, b 1860; Randolph Parker, b 1866; Samuel Parker, b1873, and Gertrude Parker, b 1874. Sylvester, your gggrandfather moved to Craven County and lived in the Bridgeton area. He and his wife Elizabeth (called Betty), had children,
Mary Eliza Parker (your ggrandmother); Geneva who married Tom Gillett and also lived in Virginia; Lonnie Gray Parker; and my mother Julia Margaret Parker. She was the youngest, and was born 5 May 1908. She married Arthur Hopewell, and I am their oldest child. I was born 12 Dec 1942. I can barely remember seeing your grandmother. I have just started research in the Ballard family. I know that Elizabeth had a brother George who lived in Wilmington. Please let me know any information you might have.

wes parker

Posted: 20 May 2000 11:33AM GMT
Your ggrandfather was named Sylvester but was called "Wes" because he pronounced his v's as if they were w's.

betty stowe

Posted: 23 May 2000 10:17PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2002 11:33PM GMT
i talked to my mother a few days ago showed her what i found out she remembers your mother she said she was allways good to her my mothers name is ann levine meekins her mother was violet(gillikin)meekins her mother mary eliza. my mother also said there was a aunt she was very fond of they called her sissy she could'nt remember her name.i found a george ballard in new hanover nc which is the county for whilmington he was a railroad worker b.5-mar-1894 d.sep-1969 ssn#718-12-3331 issued threw the railroad.i hope this is the right one.hope to here from you soon.oh yeah is your mother still alive if so have her call my mom she would love to here from her her number is 219-962-2287.

Parkers

Posted: 26 May 2000 10:53AM GMT
Jenny, I'm sorry to say that my mother, Julia, died 23 Feb 1983. I remember her talking about her family, and she always wanted to visit with her Virginia relatives, but just never got there. The aunt sissy was Geneva who married Tom Gillett. I remember her very well. Her daughter Ruth was only a few years younger than my mother. The George Ballard you found was the brother of Elizabeth Ballard, the mother of Mary Eliza. I really haven't had much luck with the Ballard line. I know that Elizabeth's mother was named Mary, but I don't know what her husband's name was. I think it might have been Joseph, but I'm not sure. Elizabeth and George also had two sisters, Fannie and Mamie, and I think another brother Nathan. I don't have the information with me now, but when I can, I will send you all the dates and information I have. It's good to hear from you.

betty stowe

Posted: 27 May 2000 1:01AM GMT
bety i'm sorry to know your mother is gone i wish i could have known her when were you born my mother said your moher lived with granny gillikin for awhile she rembers her oldest dauther gave my aunt erma meekins baby clthes when she had her first child she's my mothers sister.my full name is jenny lee nobles bradford i was born in portsmouth,va.5-aug-1963 i will be 37 years old here soon i will let you know when i get more info also it is hard to find out about the ballards there were so many of them alot with the same names and that can be confusing.get back to you soon.

Ballards

Posted: 27 May 2000 8:45AM GMT
Jenny, I was born Dec 27 1942, I am 57 years old. I do remember my mother saying that she stayed with relatives in Virginia. Mama was married twice. Her first husband was Levy Clyde Stilley, and her oldest child is Graham Stilley, next is Louise Stilley Morris, whe was born in 1928, next is Bill Stilley, and then George Stilley. Mama married my father in 1941. I did find out that your great grandmother Mary Eliza's mother was Mary W. Ballard, married to J.J. Ballard, but I don't have any dates yet. Also, I have a copy of the 1850 Carteret County census, and it shows an Asa Gillikin, born abt 1804 married to Sally, born abt 1804, with children Elizabeth, born abt 1829; Chatham, born abt 1834; John W., born abt 1837; Ransom S. born abt 1840; and Asa W. born abt 1844. Possibly, this Asa is the one you are looking for. If I find out anything else, I will let you know. Betty

betty stowe

Posted: 9 Jun 2000 10:04AM GMT
hi found out a few things from our aunt shirley that asa's fathers name was john she didn't know right off what his wife and the rest of the childrens names were ,but she did know luthers siblings names they were herber,james lesley,and pearl ward.she has the family bible she has more info and was going to get it up for me.shirley is granny gillikins youngest daughter she lives in new bern,nc she is 66 years old i believe have you found out any more info let me know. luv your cuz jenny
per page

Find a board about a specific topic