Search for content in message boards

Searching Schanz in Przemysl,Galicia,Austria [Now Poland]

Searching Schanz in Przemysl,Galicia,Austria [Now Poland]

Dennis Baer (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schanz, Schantz, Shantz, Shanz, Isser
Hello

Can someone tell me how to obtain records from the city of Przemysl, Galicia, Austria [Now Poland]?

I have now good reason to see if my Jewish great grandfather Samuel (Shmuel) Zanvil Schanz (Schantz, Shantz, Šanc, Shanz, Shants) born July 2, 1865 came from Przemysl, Galicia, Austria [Now Poland]. Family members told me he came from Austria but went to Munkacs and got married there by 1885 but it looks more and more he originally came from Przemysl.

Can I find a volunteer to obtain a birth certificate copy from Przemysl, Poland for Samuel Zanvil Schanz, born July 2, 1865 in Przemysl? Samuel's parents: Menachem Mendel (Max) Schanz and Jennie (Gold) Schanz. Samuel had a sister Esther Schanz.

You can see a picture of Samuel Schantz and his wife Sarah Greenstein Schantz, taken in 1920 in New York City at

http://www.netmonger.net/~dbaer/schanz.jpg

Samuel Schantz ran the train station of Munkacs, Hungary from about 1885 to 1903 when he left for New York City in the United States and earned money to send for the rest of the family.

I also seek a birth certificate of Elias (Elia) Isser born
February 12, 1883 in Przemysl.

Thank you.

Dennis Baer

Jewish Records in Poland

Stephen J. Danko (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Look at the information on http://www.jewishgen.org/infofiles/polandv.html for information on Jewish Records in Poland. The records should be located in the Polish State Archives, but, luckily, the LDS has microfilmed the records before 1880. Check with your local LDS Church for assistance. If you're lucky, there may be an LDS Family History Center in your area. Don't worry, you don't have to be a member of the LDS church to use their facilities.

Immigration Date

Henry J Zarnik (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bik
Mary Bik left the village of Mlodochow with five other girls in 1908-09

Village of Mlodochow

Henry Zarnik (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bik
Family of Stanislaus Bik and wife Katharzyna Rokoszok Surname Changed to Mlodochoski in the Village of Mlodochow
Son was a Rector of the Polish Institute of Rome and teacher in several schools , perhaphs Krakow please respond by email. five girls left village with Marya and left for Bremen Germany and crossed to New York

Mlodochow Village

Henry J. Zarnik (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Muller
Five girls left Mlodochow in 1908--1909 Mary Bik, Babula (Muller) Cygan, Koceniak, Sacrawa.

Bremerhaven Port

Posted: 10 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sacrawa
Need info Sacrawaleft Mlodochow in 1908-09 Please email

Bremerhaven Port

Surnames: Koceniak
Need info Koceniak left Mlodochow in 1908-09 Please email

Bremerhaven Port

Surnames: Cygan
Need info Cygan left Mlodochow in 1908-09 Please email

Bremerhaven Port

Surnames: Babula
Need info Babula left Mlodochow in 1908-09 Please email

babula

Pbabula (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
i know u r talking about my great grandfather other then that i can not help u sorry but e mail me if u find more pbabula@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions