Search for content in message boards

BALDWIN / HINES / REED ? /HANKS / CHAPMAN

BALDWIN / HINES / REED ? /HANKS / CHAPMAN

Janey l. BUSH BULLOCK (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandmother said she was born in Sedalia, Pettis Co. MO. about July 24, 1898.
I am not sure was her given name was at time of birth but she died in 1972 as Betty Lee Twyford. She was also known as Lydia Rebecca BALDWIN; Lide CHAPMAN; and Cora CHAPMAN.( any of these may be her given birth name, including Lydia Elizabeth Rebecca Lee Baldwin)
In 1922 she married William Franklin CHAPMAN in Kansas City or Muskogee, OK.
When she died, she left a letter saying her mother was Rosella HINES and her father was George Baldwin. They were supposed to own land in Nowata or Washington Co., OK(Indian Territory) somewhere around 1904. And her mother died at that time.

All I haVe been able to find in that area is two graves at Wann, Ok(the town my grandmother's letter indicated was closest to her father's ranch) marked Lydia J. (REED) and Elijah Geo. BALDWIN who both died in 1917. Their marriage is marked Aug. 13, 1868. i know they were married in Benton county(found records) and were on 1900 census there.

According to Betty Lee( Baldwin) Twyford's death certificate, she was born in Oklahoma and her parents were William E. Baldwin and Elizabeth L. Hanks. (I feel some of that may be correct, but some is wrong for sure!)
I think that perhaps Elijah Geo. Baldwin and Lydia J. Reed may be related to my grandmother.

I hae yet to track any information about Betty Lee down including her birth...

If anyone has information I'd appreciate hearing from them.
Janey @ bushjl @ aol.com

BALDWINS

JANEY BUSH BULLOCK (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BALDWIN, CHAPMAN, HINES, REED, BUSH, KERBY, SMALLWOOD, SMITH, HUNT, BARKER, DUREN, MILLER, SMEACHER, SPICER, HOPPER, JEANS, MCENTIRE, MANNING, DARNELL, GODDARD, MILKLOUDER, HOWARD, BROWN, CLARK, MILSAP, BAKER, CONWELL
Looking for information on BALDWINs in Pettis Co. Probably Sedalia. Searching for an Ezra J. BALDWIN (probably nicknamed "Jay" who attended school at Okladale school district in Wann, Nowata Co. Oklahoma in January 1917 at the age of 16. Ezra J. BALDWIN was supposed to have worked for the KATY railroad IN 1930. His sisters Lydia BALDWIN-CHAPMAN, ( aka Lida, Betty Lee, Cora ) and Carrie BALDWIN-MORTON lived in Dallas and he and his wife visited. Believe his father was W. E. (William E. ) Baldwin and that "Jay" was born 3-30-1901 (in ks or OK?) Framily is originally from Benton Co. Missouri but left about 1900 after Lydia Rebecca was born 7-24-1898. She is on school enumeration with "Jay"( she is my maternal grandmother) and with Susanna BALDWIN brn. 12-17-1904 and was 13 in 1917. Susanna was supposed to have married a POOL(POOLE) i thought she was an aunt to Lydia, but this indicated she is a sister. susanna and Ezra J.BALDWIN show up again in Noxie , Nowata co, Oklahoma in Feburary 1918 in Wintwer- Hoffwman(boyd) school district without Lydia, but with W. E. BALDWIN again. Does anyone have information on this family? Have more information on williams parents , and grandparents ... and others in the BALDWIN, REED,HINES(HYNES) HUNT, SMALLWOOD, HOPPER, CHAPMAN, MORTON, BARKER, ETC.

JANEY @ BUSHJL AT AOL.COM

Chapman

Sue Marlow (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lee
I have a Kelmer Eugene Chapman married Nov. 16, 1957 to Lena Bell Lee.; Gail Chapman and Sheila Chapman.

Family History Information

Andrew Owen (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Spicer
Looking for information on Elizabeth Spicer, married to Nephi Owen 12 August 1866 in Jackson Count Missouri.

Re: BALDWINS

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 6:25PM GMT
he is my grandfather and was married to mary NICHOLS. you may contact me and i have a photo of him and grandma eith all 13 children.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions