Search for content in message boards

Eveland Family

Posted: 20 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 2:32PM GMT
Surnames: HEAD
Do you know where your HEAD family came from? If William R. HEAD is from Avoca area, then we will connect. I have a large HEAD database going back to 1644 in Rhode Island to the town of Little Compton.

Eveland Family

C. Hammack (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Eveland, Head, Houck
I'm looking for informantion about Able Eveland, m. Matilda Houck in 1836. There children, Alonzo, Catherine, Mary, Isaac, Thomas and Joesph. They lived in the town of Bradford, N.Y., in 1850's. My grandfather, Thomas J., m. Alice Head, b. May 1863, Bradford, N.Y. Alice's father was William R. Head.

Eveland Family

Carol Hammack (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Eveland, Head, Houck or, Houk
Looking a mom's notes ------ guess what? There is a Truman R. Head. Under his name on the note is written Senora, Calif. Alice died 8/11/1932 at 70 yrs. I got this from the cemetery, the birth date does not match your Alice. I have no birth or death dates for Wm. Head. I certanily would be interested in family information!
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 2:32PM GMT
Surnames: HED
I have William Philander HEAD (I think you have an R. instead of a P) born 1802 and died 4 May 1865. He had a sopn Truman Head b. 1827-? who married a Charlotte (maiden name unknown to me) They had 2 daughters that I am aware of. One named Alice born 1848 and one named Loretta born 1850. I have a lot more of the family if you want. Goes back into Rhode Island 1644. By golly, I think we are cousins.

Eveland Family

Surnames: Eveland, Head, Houck or, Houk

I'm very new to the genealogy search. The only thing I know about the Head family is that my gr. grandmother was Alice Head (Allie). I'm guessing Wm. R. Head was her father. T.J. Eveland (my gr. grandfather) paid an annual tax on Plot 195 in the Bradford Cemetery. The tax bill I have has the name of Wm. R. Head est on it. I have some scribbled notes from my mom -- very difficult to read or to put in to any order. Some of the names on the note are Melissa Bradstrom/Dr. Charles Breasted (Hornersville, N.Y.)/Truman R. Head. I have written for Alice's death certificate, which will give some Head infromation. I was told he was a farmer in Bradfrod. Really don't know if he was born in Bradford.

Eveland, Head, Houk or Houck Family

Posted: 6 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Eveland, Head, Houk or, Houck
I'm to the search of family members. From my Gr. grandfather's death certificate I found the names of my gr.gr. grandparents -- Abel Eveland and Matilda Houck, b. N.Y. From the 1850 census I found they lived in Bradford, Steuben Co. NY. Mitilda was 27 yr. old so think she was born in 1823. I am guessing they were married in 1838/1839 because their oldest child was 10 yrs

HOUK , ELWOOD , VAN AMBURGH

Darleen and Darla (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HOUK, ELWOOD, VAN AMBURGH, HALL
Looking for the parents of Betsey E.HOUK b.1823. She married Jacob VAN AMBURGH b.1823 ,in 1841. Arminda ELWOOD married Jacob's brother, Alvah VAN AMBURGH b. 1825, in 1845.The VANAMBURGH siblings lived in Stueben Co.,at the time and their parents and younger siblings lived in Allegany Co. One family source said,that they believed Arminda and Betsey to be sisters with a possible connection to a HALL family but on their children documents Arminda's maiden name was always stated as ELWOOD and Betsey's always stated HOUK.

Elwood family

Carl Elwood (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Elwood
I have a large amount of Elwood family information from NY.

I was born in Elmira. I still have family in the counties around that area.

I will let you know, If you do not hear from me Email to remind me.

Arilla (Arvilla) Elwood

Carl (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: elwood
I have this information on an Elwood female

Arilla (Arvilla) Elwood
born July 25, 1834 died Oct. 26, 1838

I have no other info on anyone close to the name you asked about.

This was the last child of Nathaniel B. Elwood and
Altana (Altany) Curtis Elwood.

ELWOOD, HALL, VAN AMBURGH

Darleen and Darla (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Elwood, Hall, VanAmburgh
Carl,
We have been trying to solve a mystery. A cousin, VanAmburgh researcher, in our line, said, "that she believed that Arminda ELWOOD and Betsey E. HALL were sisters or in some way related". Betsey HALL was married to Jacob VANAMBURGH in 1841. Jacobs brother, Alva married Arminda/Amelia ELWOOD in 1844. They left for DeKalb,IL. abt.1846 and went to WI. in the early 1850's. Alva and Arminda are said to have died (1855 ) in Beloit,Rock Co.,WI. Jacob and Betsey came to Jones Co.,Anamosa,IA. abt.1871. We know nothing of our ancestral grandmother Betsey E.HALL's parents or genealogy.We found evidence that her surname was HALL and not HOUK as we had previously believed. Betsey was born abt.1823 NY.. Arminda ELWOOD abt.1826 NY. There were HALLs and ELWOODs listed in DeKalb,IL. Alva and Arminda's daughter,Harriet was living with the George W. PADDOCK family in Sauk Co.,WI.(1860 census ) she was 14yrs at that time born NY.(abt1845) Mr.PADDOCK'S wife was Anna C.MARSH born in Nova Scotia, they had previously lived in Steuben Co.,NY.Both Harriet and sister Caroline married in Sauk Co.,WI.Caroline was born 1849 DeKalb,IL.
Seeking info on these HALLs and ELWOODs.
Our VANAMBURGHs were in both Steuben and Allegany Counties,NY.
Like to know also where these two couple's married.(VAN AMBURGH- HALL, VAN AMBURGH- ELWOOD)
We know that Jacob and Alva were living with their parents Abram and Charity VAN AMBURGH in Allegany Co.,at the time of the 1840 census. Their other siblings married in Tompkins and Steuben counties. At that time the married siblings were living in Steuben. They and many other families left in 1846.
Looking foward to any links you may have, Darleen and Darla
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions