Search for content in message boards

Edmonds and Bryan(t)

Edmonds and Bryan(t)

Hubert Johnston (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Edmonds, Bryan, Bryant
I have both the EDMONDS and the BRYAN(T)lines in my genealogy and know that my BRYAN(T)s came out of Edgecombe County, moving to SC and then into Alabama. I know that they came out of IOW County, VA very early on. I do not know how they got into Edgecombe County, NC and would like to trace their path back into Halifax County.
I descend from Dr. John Bryan, born 2 Jan 1692 in IOW County, VA and who died in Edgecombe Co, NC 1735. His father was William Bryan, born ca. 1655, and his father was John Bryan, Sr., born ca. 1625 and died ca. 1725. William was married to Alice Macland.
I descend from Elizabeth Edmonds, daughter of Elias Edmonds. Elizabeth married James Pinckard. Elias Edmonds was born ca. 1673 and died in Lancaster Co., VA ca. 1745. Don't know the name of his wife. Elias was a son of William Edmonds, born ca. 1647, died ca. 1697, and a grandson of Elias Edmonds, who died ca. 1654.
I have no idea that James Pinckard ever lived in Halifax Co., NC, but would like to know what data is available there on the Edmonds and/or Pinckard lines. I currently reside in Fayetteville, NC, but am native to Alabama. I have a good bit of data on my BRYAN line, but very little on my EDMONDS line.
Having returned to North Carolina, tracing my ancestors in this state back some 200 years, it sorta feels to me as though I am returning home, but everyone I used to know there is gone. Retracing my ancestors' steps is fascinating. I have some good information on my BRYANs, but there is a gap between their time in IOW, VA and their time in Edgecombe Co., NC. I have been to Scotland Neck, but have yet to visit Halifax County. I found a small town, Bryantown, over in Northampton County, not far from the Roanoke River, and about half way between Halifax and Scotland Neck. I don't know if that small place's name bears any connection to my ancestors or not. I am primarily interested in finding out where my BRYANs were in NC prior to their stay in Edgecombe County, NC, so investigating Halifax interests me. My BRYAN ancestors were in Edgecombe County from sometime between 1692 and 1735 until about 1817 when my ancestor, Wright BRYAN, moved to Sumter Co., SC.
I'd very much like to exchange messages with anyone who might have information about the BRYAN line living in the Halifax area prior to 1735. The boundaries of several of the counties of NC changed and I don't know if Halifax County was once part of Edgecombe County, or vice-versa, or if both of those areas were part of an even earlier county prior to their organization as a separate political entity.
I look forward to hearing from whomever has any information that they would share with me about all of this.

Thank you,

Hubert Johnston

looking for my grandmothers family

Irene logue (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BETHINA Edmonds, Clarence Arrington

Iam looking for my grand mothers family she married Clarence
Arrington.I was told her family didnot want this marrige to happen both of my grandparent decess now but i would like to know her family.I was told she is from Halifax county or Edgecombe county or Scotland Neck If any one has any information please responed.

Posted: 7 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Sep 2001 8:52PM GMT
Surnames: bryan, bryant
looking for info on a william bryan dob 1760. lived in halifax co., virginia and in surry/stokes co north carolina. can not find other family to hook him up to except a lawson family. william states in a deposition that moses lawson is his cousin but can't find the link.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions