Search for content in message boards

LAMBERT

LAMBERT

Posted: 5 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Apr 2006 11:06AM GMT
Surnames: lambert, smith, vaughan
I am interested in knowing more about the LAMBERT family in trying to find connections to my BURTON/SMITH/VAUGHAN ancestors.

In 1758 LAMBERT DODSON owned property adjoining CHARLES BURTON in Pittsylvania Co., VA.

In 1792 JAMES BURTON m. CUZZY LAMBERT. Sur: MARK LAMBERT JACKSON in Mecklenburg Co., VA

In 1800 MILLY LAMBERT m. ROBERT BURTON in Mecklenburg Co.

In 1811 JOHN LAMBERT was surety for WILLIAM VAUGHAN m. MARY SMITH.

Would appreciate any help in this. Thank you in advance.

Mark Lambert Jackson

Boone White (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Aug 2005 10:53AM GMT
Surnames: Jackson, Rainey, Lambert
I have information about Mark Lambert Jackson's descendents and 2 marrages etc. There is much about his mother Jemima Jackson and his father John Lambert, which occured in the Mechlenburg Co. VA court. John, Mark's father deeded him 500 acres of land and 5 slaves when he became 14, John's wife Elizabeth signed off on the transaction. Later after Elizabeth died, John and Jemima Jackson were married. This took place about a year following the marriage of their son Mark Lambert to Durcilla Rainey. I am trying to document the g. parents of Mark. Jemima Jackson's may have been John Jackson whose will is supposed to be on record in Anson Co. N.C.

Lambert & Brooks Families

Robert Brooks Casey (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: LAMBERT, BROOKS
JANE BROOKS (1.10) is the daughter of Robert Brooks, Sr. and Brambly Brooks. Because Penelope married in 1796 indicates that Jane was probably born in the mid 1770’s. On December 13, 1796, “Jincy” Brooks married Julius Lambert in Mecklenburg County, Virginia. John McKinney signed the surety bond. From 1790 to 1791, Julius Lambert appears the Mecklenburg County, Virginia personal property tax lists in the same household as Joseph Lambert, probably his father. Julius is listed as being over sixteen years of age which indicates that Julius was probably born the early 1770’s. Julius Lambert appears in various Mecklenburg County, Virginia personal property tax lists by himself from 1797 to 1810. On May 11, 1804, Jincy Lambert is listed in the will of her father, Robert Brooks, Sr. On January 1, 1807, “Julius Lambert and wife Jane” were involved in a Chancery Suit in Mecklenburg County, Virginia concerning the division of slaves in the estate of Robert Brooks, Sr., Jane’s father. On October 9, 1809, “Jane Brooks who married Julius Lambert” was involved in a second Chancery Suit in Mecklenburg County, Virginia. Robert’s second wife, Abigail (Ellis) Brooks, had brought suit against her step-children for allotment of her widow’s dower. The children as well as death dates of Julius and Jane Lambert are currently not known. Julius and Jincy Lambert were the parents of at least four children:

..Baxter Lambert (1.10.1), b. 1804, Virginia
..Martin Lambert
..Martha B. Lambert (1.10.3), b. ca. 1806, Virginia
..Elizabeth Lambert (1.10.4), b. 1808, Virginia

On December 10, 1836, Martin Lambert married Mary J. Carroll. References: 1) “Emigration to Other States from Southside Virginia,” Volume II, compiled by Katherine B. Elliot, 1966, Pages 22, 24 and 25; 2) Marriage Bond, Julius Lambert and Jincy Brooks, Mecklenburg County, Virginia, December 13, 1796; 3) Personal Property Tax Lists, Mecklenburg County, Virginia, 1790 - 1810; 4) Will of Robert Brooks, Mecklenburg County, Virginia, Will Book 5, Pages 354 and 355, dated 1804, recorded 1806; 5) Brooks & Jones Family Chart (sent by Beverly A. Sheeky), November, 1997; 6) World Family Tree, Volume 8, File 259, by Donna (Griffin) Hottinger; 7) Email, Linda (Lewis) Lepow to Robert Casey, June, 1999

Re: Mark Lambert Jackson

reydjackson (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2001 11:18PM GMT
Edited: 23 Aug 2005 10:52AM GMT
Surnames: jackson
I too descend from mlj through his son David. If you are interested in this line let me know. Through which line do you descend? RDJ

Re: Lambert & Brooks Families

Posted: 17 Jan 2002 10:35AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jun 2002 12:51AM GMT
Surnames: Lambert-Sturdivant-Rainey-Harrison
Do you have a Mourning Lambert as a daughter of Joseph Lambert? She married 5 Jan. 1797 Mecklenburg Co. Va. Randolph Stirdivant. they migrated to Jackson Co. Tn. where Randolph died abt. 1818, and Mourning Lambert Sturdivant took the children to Tuscaloosa Co. Ala., where she died aft. 1830, the name "Jincy" appears in the Sturdivant decendents.
any help you can offer would be appreciated. Randolph's parents were Randolph Sr. and Dicey Rainey.

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 4:02AM GMT
He is my gggggfather too.

Boone White (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2005 3:06PM GMT
What did you want to know when you posted a note saying "He's my ggggg grand father too. How are you related, through which of his his children? I am seeking to list all his many grandchildren and their lines. Your help could be very important, please email me directly and put Mark Lambert Jackson in the subject box , so I can get it from my server, who blocks most emails, but submits a list of all of them for me to choose from. Boone White

Posted: 17 Sep 2011 2:34AM GMT
Interested to know if Mark Lambert Jackson have a daughter named Susannah that married a Lemuel Lanier in 1814?
Have you seen any mention in Mecklenburg records of: Cavel, Rice, Loe, Thompson, Lewis Jackson?
Trying to connect my Loe Jackson ancestor, born 1771 Granville Co., NC to a Jackson group. We match exactly to the I1 haplogroup out of Brunswick Co area of VA.
Thanks,
Phyllis

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 9:37PM GMT
my mother-in-law is looking for info on mark lambert and his mom and dad, jemima and john wade
per page

Find a board about a specific topic