Search for content in message boards

Jesse Carmack

Jesse Carmack

Posted: 15 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Oct 2001 3:13PM GMT
Surnames: Carmack
I am searching for any information on the parents of Jesse Carmack born 1797, died 1868, who is listed on the 1830 and 1840 Bledsoe Co., TN Census and the 1860 Washington Co., TX Census. This Jesse is commonly known as Jesse "Ann" Carmack (no proof of this middle name). Jesse was married 1st to Margaret who died in 1861 in Washington Co., TX and 2nd to Mary Ann (Polly) Boyd Ferrell. This Jesse is commonly thought to be the son of Jesse C. Carmack and Ann Black of Overton Co., TN. However, Ann Black cannot be the mother as she would have been 3 years old at the time of Jesse's birth. Any help in determining Jesse's parents is appreciated.

Jesse, not Jessie

Posted: 22 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2005 7:00AM GMT
Surnames: Carmack, Davenport, Ashby
Sorry, mental block, please excuse, the I in Jesse

Jessie's Birthdate

Posted: 22 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2005 7:00AM GMT
Surnames: Carmack, Davenport, Ashby
Hello, Dale, I've just started research into genealogy and this line is the line my dad descends from. My cousin started some work into this line and I have her rough draft descendant chart. She has a birthdate of 1815-1820, for Jessie Ann Carmack. Is that possible? That would allow for the Ann Black mother and name possibility. She doesn't have documentation on this print out I have. I may be able to check into this, as to where she got that date frame from, if no one else has a clue, and if it is a possibility he was born later than 1797.

Re: Jessie's Birthdate

Posted: 23 Dec 2013 8:56PM GMT
Hi Vicki, I'm revisiting an old post. How does your father trace to Jesse?

I think that 3 US Census records indicate that the birth year is consistent with 1797.

I think there is a different Jesse Carmack who was born 1815 and he is the son of Jesse C. Carmack and Ann Black.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic