Search for content in message boards

Manuels from Maine(portugal)

Manuels from Maine(portugal)

Jessa Manuel (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2001 8:34PM GMT
Looking for the true story of the Manuels from Maine.. Story has it that we are from a former Portuguse slave.. Looking for documentation stating that..

Manuel Ancestors

Posted: 1 Feb 2001 9:16PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 3:31AM GMT
Jessa

I am Shirley Manuel Acker. The best place to find this information is in the church records. At this time I have found that my ancestors were both Protogues and French. I have obtained copies of baptismal and marriage records from the chruch where they were buried. If you know this information, start there. If you need additional information please let me know.

Shirley Manuel Acker
jsks4846@aol.com

MANUEL-CUTLER

Posted: 15 Feb 2001 9:51PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2001 5:16AM GMT
This is interesting. I descend from a William CUTLER. On two different censuses, I find him living with Benjamin MANUEL. And on the 1900 census his brother, Manuel CUTLER, gives their father's birthplace as Potugal. What is the story on the Portuguese MANUELs?

Manuel Family

Posted: 22 Feb 2001 8:40PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 3:31AM GMT
To answer your questions about the Potugal ancestry, my research show that the Manuels Migrated from the islands through Canada. I have found a lot of information through the church records where I grew up as a child. My research goes back to 1811 with my GGgrandfather and mother. My family history according to chruch records that I was able to obtain to include baptismal and marriage records dating back to 1845, 1853, and 1900's are all written in French. We are presently having all the information translated into English. Although it is written in French, we can identify the names of the Manuels on the certificates. We have also received some records on my GGgrandmothers family from the same church. My GGgrandmother was a Fusilier or sometimes spelled Fusellier or Fusillier or Fuselied. On her side of the family it is white, black and Spanish. The dialect was strictly French or Canadian French. Her name was Marie Modeste Fusilier and her fathers name was Andre Aristoiles Fuselier and her mothers name was Bridgette Comeaux. My GGgrandfather was Joseph Calliste Manuel and his parents were Celestin Manuel and Eliza Scott. This information was found in the Louisiana 1870 Census. At that time Celestin was 59 and Eliza was 48. Andre was 60 and Bridgette was 50. I hope this information will help you. If additional information is needed please let me know. This information was obtained from the Church in Grand Coteau Louisiana - St. Charles Church.

Thanks
Shirley Manuel Acker
jsks4846@aol.com

Re: Manuel Family

Posted: 10 Nov 2006 1:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Goodin, Godin, Manuel, Bartram, Williams, Ward
My grandmother was Briget Manuel Goodin from New Brunswick, CA. Her relatives originally came from Portugal also. Maybe there is a connection.
Lynn Goodin Ward

Re: Manuel Family

Carla (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2006 2:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: manuel
Did her Manuel family live im Maine? Mine came from Portugal to Maine..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions