Search for content in message boards

Hollisters of Mishawaka

Hollisters of Mishawaka

Jack (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2006 4:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a small porcelain hand paited plate .. with two small children painted on it Both appear in bonnets and white gowns.. on the back it is stamped in gold

" John Frederick Hollister and Sarah Louise Hollister of Mishawaka Ind., "

>>>I am trying to attach a couple photos <<<.. any of you that are from the area .. Could you tell me anything at all about the Hollisters or this plate .. It is quite ornate " Made in Germany" and the front scene is handpainted.. Any information on this is much apprecitaed .. Thanks ..Jack B.
Attachments:

Re: Hollisters of Mishawaka

Sara (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2006 1:15AM GMT
This family is found in the 1930 Census for Mishawaka IN (St. Joseph Co.) headed by Carrie Hollister, age 63, son John 20, daughter Sarah 21, and mother Sara Uline 87. An obituary for a John F. Hollister is in the South Bend Tribune 10/01/2004 according to the St. Joseph Co. Public Library obituary index.

I hope this helps. (I am not researching this family)
Sara

Re: Hollisters of Mishawaka

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 2:35AM GMT
I have the same identical plate. I thought only one had been made but now I know at least two were produced. I have had my plate about 40 years and purchased it from an antique
shop.
I found these 2 children on the 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 &
1940 Federal Censuses on Ancestry.com. I learned the same
death date for John but have not learned the death date for
Sarah/Sara. She is on the 1940 census married to a Wm. Clanson. Sarah/Sara was born about 1909.
This looks like a souvenir plate. The background appears to be a decal applied. I believe the faces might have been
been hand-painted.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic