Search for content in message boards

Joseph Laplante

Joseph Laplante

Posted: 1 Jan 2011 11:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for info and family members of Joseph Laplante born abt 1841 in Canada(french) part Cree Indian, married at least 2 times. Second marriage 1889 to my great grandmother Sophie Cyr born 1870 on Cyr Plantation Aroostock Van Buren Maine Passamaquaddy tribe. They had at least 4 children, Louise (Cote) Joseph Amos, Marie Artemise, May Hattie. He lived to be almost 100 years old died late 1930's.Rumored to have at leas 20 children. Last known residence Millinocket Maine living with son Edward.

Re: Joseph Laplante

Posted: 6 Mar 2011 1:35AM GMT
Edited: 6 Mar 2011 1:36AM GMT
My father's name was Joseph Henry LaPlante, originally from Van Buren, Maine born in early 1900s. I don't know what the history of his immediate family was because he was an orphan (by house fire perhaps per Van Buren town manager) and raised by a Boucher family (perhaps spelled Bushey) in Mapleton, Maine. He had a sister (Alma) who lived in Millinocket and a brother Felix ... don't know if there were other siblings. He died in 1957.

Re: Joseph Laplante

Posted: 10 Sep 2012 4:05AM GMT
Check St. Francis cemetary online in waterville me. My granfather was named oniel joseph Laplante who is burried there. He was named after his father but if you click on his name it shows his family tree
per page

Find a board about a specific topic