Search for content in message boards

Welch family history

Welch family history

Virginia Welch Presnell (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2001 9:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
I notice you have Welch ancestors in Texas. I have a great-uncle who was born in Henderson, KY and died in Tarrant, TX. His name is Stephen Edward Welch, born 11 October 1840 and married Rebecca Ann Carter first and then married Elizabeth Yankey . He was the son of John William H. Welch and Mary Minerva Wilson, grandson of Fountain N. Welch and Margaret Hendricks. My grandfather William Welch was his brother, and I am trying to trace him. I can go further back, but will wait to hear if this is any help to you first. Thanks.

Re: Welch family history

N. Welch (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2002 4:59PM GMT
Surnames: Welch
Does Adam Levi Welch show up anywhere along the line?

Posted: 14 Oct 2002 4:24AM GMT
Surnames: Welch-Yankey
Hi, I just found your message and hope you will contact me. My great grandparents were Stephen Edward Welch and Elizabeth Yankey. My Grandmother was their daughter Dora Pearle Welch.

Posted: 27 May 2003 2:45PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2003 9:23PM GMT
Surnames: Welch
I want to help out for those that may have confused the two different Steven Edward Welch in the family mentioned. Fountain and Margaret (nee Hendricks) Welch had a son named Stephen Edward Welch that married twice--the first time to Rebecca A. Carter in 1865 and the second time to Elizabeth Ann Yankey (aka Yankee).
Also Fountain and Margaret's son William J. Welch had a son named Steven Edward Welch that married Lucinda Larkin. I have quite a bit regarding this family; please contact me even if we exchanged info in the past there's always newly discovered info.

Mary Ellen Smith (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2004 4:34PM GMT
Surnames: Welch, Yankey, Blackwood, Smith, Cry
Hi Diane, we may have connected in the past but thought it worthwhile to re-connect if so. My great grandparents were Steven Edward Welch and Elizabeth Yankey. My grandmother was their daughter Dora Pearl Welch. I would love to connect and share information. Please email me at mmpwr@earthlink.net

Dianne Spitzer (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2004 3:30PM GMT
Surnames: WELCH, WILSON, HENDRICKS, HENDRIX, YANKEE, YANKEY
I'd be glad to look over your information and send anything I can add to what you already have. Do you have the marriage date, place, etc. for Fountain Welch & Margaret Hendricks [Hendrix] and the names of their fathers? I don't think I have too much new on Fountain's line; mostly my newest information has been about Minervy, the wife of William Welch. Since he's the brother of your ancestor, it won't be your direct line. But I have updated with some fellow researchers on the Henricks family, etc. I look forward to hearing from you.

Dianne

Mary Ellen Smith (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2004 10:46PM GMT
Surnames: Welch, Blackwood, Yankey, Smith, Cry
Hi Diane, thank you for responding. What I am really looking to connect with are relatives of my grandmothers siblings. They all lived in the Oklahoma area and I probably still have cousins there that I would love to know about.

Posted: 7 Feb 2005 4:54AM GMT
Edited: 6 Mar 2005 2:11AM GMT
Surnames: Welch, Summers, Watson, Akins, Knight
I'm a descendant of Fountain and Margaret Welch, I don't know if I have any information that would be helpful, but I'd like to know if anyone has information that I'm lacking.

I come through Fountain's son James, through his daughter Clara and through the descendants of her daughter Nellie. There's lots of interesting living information in this branch...kind of confusing actually.

Dianne Spitzer (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2005 8:13PM GMT
Surnames: Welch, Wilson
I'd love to swap information with you and update any info we may not know about. I'm especially interested in family stories. My ancestor from Fountain and Margaret was their granddaughter Margaret (d/o Billy and Minerva) that married Benjamin Franklin Wilson and moved her large family to Colorado via two covered wagons. I'dlove to hear some of yours. email me directly at: famdigger@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions