Search for content in message boards

Harris--Oliver Marriages--Abbeville abt. 1800

Harris--Oliver Marriages--Abbeville abt. 1800

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 7:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harris, Oliver, Spring
I am trying to find the origins of my Harris clan which lived in Perry and Bibb County, Alabama, from the mid 1820's until after the Civil War.

Prior to that, the Harris family was from an unknown South Carolina location. The name "Oliver" is repeated in the names of several generations of the Harris family and I believe it refers to a surname rather than a given name.

A check of the 1810 census reveals a number of Oliver and Harris families living close to one another in the Abbeville District.

Does anyone have any marriage records of a male Harris marrying a female Oliver in the late 1700's--early 1800's ?

Thanks

Re: Harris--Oliver Marriages--Abbeville abt. 1800

Posted: 1 Apr 2008 5:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have an ancestor James Jackson Harris (see following link) http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=f0ght&a...

who was born in South Carolina, and married Eliza Oliver in Georgia. His mother's family was from North Carolina. I don't know where he was born in South Carolina. This is probably beyond the time period you were hoping for.

Regards,
Sarah Brooks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions