Search for content in message boards

Planter 1635

Planter 1635

Posted: 14 Apr 2007 9:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tuttle
My ancestors came on the sailing ship called "Planter" in 1635. They landed in Boston. I have found the passager manifest, but I'm looking for more information on the vessel itself. When and where it was made, who big it was, number of sails, Max. capactiy, things like that. I would expecially like to see an image (obviously no photographs exist) of the ship if possible. Anyone know any information on the vessel or any books that talk about it?

Re: Planter 1635

Posted: 30 Aug 2008 2:38PM GMT
I'm interested in info on the Planter as well. My husband is a Tuttle and I am doing some research on the family. He's descended from William and Elizabeth who settled in New Haven. We were wondering if it made other voyages as well... before or after 1635 or perhaps both. Have you been able to find anything?

Posted: 30 Aug 2008 8:58PM GMT
I have not found any more information on The Planter (other than what's described on the Passanger Manifests). But I am also a decendant of William and Elizabeth Tuttle and may be able to offer some assistance there if you'd like.

Posted: 30 Aug 2008 11:10PM GMT
Great! I'd love to compare notes with you if you'd care to. You and my husband must be cousins! It would be fun to see how close. If you'd like to, email me at pt@tuttledesign and we can go from there!

Posted: 31 Aug 2008 12:49PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: tuttle
Hello

Book's:

A History of Ontario County, New York and Its People
by Charles F. Milliken, Lewis Historical Publishing Co - Ontario County (N.Y.) - 1911 - 520 pages

Page 135
(I) William Tuttle, immigrant ancestor, came from St. Albans parish. Hertfordshire,
England, on the ship "Planter." in April, 1635, with his brothers John ...

+
The Giddings Family: Or, The Descendants of George Giddings, who Came from ... - Page 13
by Minot Samuel Giddings - 1882 - 227 pages

John Tuttle of Ipswich," says Savage, " came in ship Planter from London in 1635,
ae. 39, with wife Jane ae. 42, and ch. Abigail, ae. 6, Simon ae. ...

+
Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of Boston and ...
by William Richard Cutter - Massachusetts - 1908

Page 1292
Simon Tuttle, of Ipswich, born 1631, was son of John Tuttle, born 1596, died
1656; came in ship "Planter," 1635: married Joan , born 1593. ...

+
The New England Historical and Genealogical Register - Page 133
by New England Historic Genealogical Society, Henry Fitz-Gilbert Waters - New England - 1867

The English surnames, whence the surname Tuttle is derived, are Tothill or ...
name in New England was in 1635, when the ship Planter, of London, brought, ...

+
The Luzerne Legal Register - Page 464
by Pennsylvania, George Brubaker Kulp, Pennsylvania Supreme Court, Courts - Law reports, digests, etc - 1886

"John Tuttle, of Ipswich," says Savage, "came in Ship Planter from London in
1635, ae. 39, with wife Jane, ae. 42, and ch. — Abigail, ae. 6 ; Simon, ae. ...

+
Annals of Iowa - Page 636
by Iowa Division of Historical Museum and Archives, State Historical Society of Iowa, Iowa Historical Dept, Iowa Historical, Memorial, and Art Dept - Iowa - 1903

Their earliest ancestor in America, John Tuttle, arrived in Boston in the ship
Planter, 1635. Martin Tuttle married Miss Mary ...

+
Encyclopedia of Connecticut Biography: Genealogical-memorial; Representative ... - Page 179
by Samuel Hart, American Historical Society, American Historical Society - Connecticut - 1917 - 482 pages

William Tuttle, the immigrant ancestor, came from St. Albans parish, Hertfordshire,
England, on the ship "Planter," in April, 1635, with his brothers, ...

+
Founders of Early American Families: Emigrants from Europe, 1607-1657 - Page 321
by Meredith Bright Colket - United States - 1985 - 428 pages

TERRELL TUTTLE, TUTHILL Descendants of H 'illiam Tuttle, also of John of Dover,
... Came on the "Planter" 1635 with widowed mother and brothers Richard and ...

+
New England Families, Genealogical and Memorial: A Record of the ...
by William Richard Cutter - New England - 1914

Page 1387
Henry Tuttle was in Hingham, Massachusetts, in 1635, coming with his ... he was
connected with the brothers who came in the "Planter," although there is a ...

Posted: 31 Aug 2008 4:37PM GMT
Thank you for those!

Posted: 4 Jun 2009 9:11PM GMT
Surnames: Harvey
I was looking for Edmund Harvey who came over on the Planter in 1635 and found your comments. He, too, was from Hertford. Others mentioned in a Google Book "The Banks Line" pg 175 were Rev. Mr. Blakeman and the Golds. I wonder how many others from Hertford were on that ship. Edmund first went to Stratford and later settled in Fairfield, CT.
I found the following article about the ship from "Report Boston" and the article is "Scotland's Answer To The Mayflower."
I'm researching a connection for Agnes Harvey b1717 to her father, Josiah Harvey as family records recorded.
http://www.reportboston.com/index.php?option=com_content&...

Posted: 24 Jul 2009 4:59AM GMT
may family was on the same ship. looking for the same image.
i have a website, newcombfamilytree.com

Posted: 12 Apr 2010 9:37AM GMT
Surnames: Harower
I'd also be interested in an image of this ship if someone herein has found one.
I am writing an article on John Harrower who sailed to Virginia in 1774.
I can be reached at morrolesssocks@rocketmail.com
advance thanks :)

Posted: 14 Oct 2010 9:48PM GMT
I just read your message regarding the Tuttle family. I am also a descendant of William and Elizabeth Tuttle. My maternal grandmother was a Tuttle. I have done quite a bit of research on the family and would love to hear from you. I do realize that William and Elizabeth must have thousands of grandchildren!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic