Search for content in message boards

Benjamin or James M. JACKSON

Benjamin or James M. JACKSON

Kathy Carter (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JACKSON, HALE, DRAKE
Seeking others researching the Jackson families in Wythe County, VA.
Benjamin Jackson, according to family Bible, is the father of James Madison Jackson. James Madison Jackson, said to be born in Wytheville, Wythe County, VA. on Oct. 30, 1816 and married Nancy/Sarah Hale in Grayson County, VA. on Dec. 16, 1838. After death of Nancy/Sarah Hale-Jackson in Lee County, VA. in 1850, James 2nd. married Susannah Jane Drake on Oct. 7, 1852 in Jonesville, Lee County, VA. James became the father of 17 children:
Frank, Dudley S., William C., Rosannah M., Jefferson S., Daniel Morris, Mary J., Clara, Lizzie, James F., Nancy M., Josiah N., Martha J., Delitha, Robert, Evan S. and Flora A.
First 7 children by fist wife Nancy/Sarah and next 10 children by 2nd. wife Susannah Jane.
Some of the allied families that these 17 children married into are: Baumgardner, Newberry, Brewer, Phipps, Burns, Harmon and DeArmond.
The James Jackson family moved from Grayson & Lee & Wythe County, VA. areas to Blount County, TN. then on to Kansas City, MO. area by way of McLean County, IL.
Would love to hear from anyone researching any of this family! Thanks, Kathy

James Jackson

William A Jackson (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jackson, Napier, Collins, Parker
HI.
Would like to know more about James Jackson. Who did he marry?Did he ever live in Granger CO.TN?
Thank you
William Jackspon
Posted: 26 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 3:10PM GMT
Surnames: Hale
Any connection to Archeleus Hale or his son Drayton?

HALE

Kathy Carter (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: JACKSON, HALE
Sorry to say that I know nothing more about Sarah Hale then her name at the moment.

Re: Benjamin or James M. JACKSON

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 3:15AM GMT
I am related to Josiah Hale who lived in Wythe county Virginia. The Hale side of my family also married into the Sutherland family of the same area. Any connection?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic