Search for content in message boards

Shealy Family in Gilbert SC

Shealy Family in Gilbert SC

Posted: 24 Sep 2013 6:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Just looking to see if anyone has any trees started for the Lettie Mae Shealy and Wilbur Shealy Family, they were out of Gilbert SC, I am totally a newbie and this is so much info to take in, need help LOL.

Re: Shealy Family in Gilbert SC

Posted: 25 Sep 2013 1:11PM GMT
Surnames: SHEALY
Tena, I have a 4-vol. set of books on the Shealy family. You can purchase a set of these books by contacting Mr. Shealy at Economy Furniture Store, 120 Main St., Batesburg-Leesville, SC 29070 (803) 532-9273 or (866) EFC-1939.

You didn't give as much information as you need to when asking for help in finding someone, but I was able to find a Wilbur Frank Shealy, 07 Oct 1908, s/o Pinkney Napoleon Shealy/Martha Harmon who m. Lettie Mae Poole 16 Dec 1918 d/o John Pheix Poole/Veta Mae Spires. They had children named: Lavonia Shealy, Clara Virginia Shealy; Patsy Mae Shealy, Frank Edward Shealy, Ellen Patricia Shealy and Marvin Mosley Shealy.

If this is your family line, then they are represented in these nice, hardbound books. The set was over $100.00 but are worth the price of printing alone not including all the time & research that went into them. From what I know of printing costs, I don't know how they sold them so cheap.

Good luck,
Mary H.

Posted: 25 Sep 2013 1:28PM GMT
Yes mam, I am actually Lavonia Shealy Trotter's daughter.

Posted: 29 Oct 2013 3:03AM GMT
Wilbur Frank Shealy, died in February 09, 1984. His wife, Lettie Mae Poole died June 23, 1997. Both are buried at St. James Lutheran Church Cemetery, Summit, Lexington Country, SC.

Wilbur's parents are buried at the same cemetery. Here is a link to the cemetery on findagrave: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&GSln=s...;

I also noticed obituaries for Wilbur, his wife and Wilbur's father indexed at the Richland County Public Library site. You can search for them at this link: http://myrcplcomres.ipac.sirsidynix.net/ipac20/ipac.jsp?sess...

If you're interested in ordering copies of their obituaries use the "request obit" button on the top of that page.

Good Luck
Richard
per page

Find a board about a specific topic