Search for content in message boards

How can I display my entire family tree

How can I display my entire family tree

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 9:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for a way to display my whole family tree - root and branch so to speak - in a single screen (doesn't need a print option), some of our family connections are very convoluted and it would be handy to see everyones connections in one go, does anyone know of a magical piece of software that will do that?

Re: How can I display my entire family tree

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 6:33PM GMT
Unless it is a very small tree, the font would be so small that most trees would be unreadable onscreen.

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 12:40PM GMT
AFAIK, no one has come up with a really good system for doing this, yet. Ancestry.com's tree viewer is one of the best I've seen and even it can't display entire trees but rather collapses parts of the tree into an icon until you click on it. Frankly, I think you would need some sort of 3D printer or holographic projection system to make viewing your entire tree practical.

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 1:45PM GMT
Cheers folks - it wasn't to use it as a viewer as such it was to see any odd links between families or where I'd connected an Ancestry link to the wrong person - we seem to have a LOT of traditional christian names in use so it's really easy to link to the wrong John/James/Alfred lol

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 12:26PM GMT
Have a looke at "Kith and Kin" ~ different way of looking at things and the ability to have seperate layers helps with complex pictures
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions