Search for content in message boards

Ranson family

Ranson family

Marie Knutson (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ranson, Gallot
Looking for information on Henri Louis Ranson in Orleans Parish, La. He married Marie Francoise Gallot on 2-1-1762 in New Orleans, they had a son Pierre Zenon Ranson who married Louise Pain in 1795, they had a son Zenon Ranson who Married Adele Labatut in 1818, they lived in Orleans and St. Charles parish, Any information on this family would be appreciated

Ranson fmly.

Posted: 6 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ranson
Thanks Mike,

I have that info, I am really looking for something prior to 1755. That was a good article by Mrs. Campbell.
Henri Louis Ranson owned a plantation close to the city and that is what I am trying to find out about. Thanks for your prompt reply, if you come across anything else keep me in mind.

Henri Louis RANSON

Posted: 6 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2002 1:58PM GMT
Surnames: RANSON, RANSOM
Mrs Stephen Roy CAMPBELL [Marie PILKINGTON] submitted an article called "Ranson's Vacherie (From which the City of Vacherie derived its name)" in New Orleans Genesis #41 (Jan 1972), publ by Genealogical Research Society of New Orleans, POB 51791, NO 70151. It references the "Royal French land grant of November 25, 1755 to Louis RANSON for the purpose of raising cattle", taken from Royal French Land Grants 1755 at Howard Tilton Library.

Mike RANSOM
Posted: 10 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2003 10:28PM GMT
Surnames: Cazellar, Cazelar, Casilari, Kazilar
I have been doing some research on the Kazilar surname.Came across Jean Baptiste Cazellar/Marie Ann Barret,New Orleans,who had several children,including a Jean Louis who was sponsored for baptism by Louis and Marie Francoise Ranson on Apr.6,1762.I am interested in the Kazilar line.There was a Cazelar plantation in New Orleans(Algiers)and several Pierre Cazelar's with records up to c.1850(Paris).I believe that Jean Baptiste and wife were married in Quebec,Oct.14.1751.The Kazilar line that I am investigating goes back to c.1490 in what is today Croatia.The similarname may be a coincedence.Was this Ranson a general?There seem to be a lot of Ransons ranking high in the military

Re: Ranson family

Posted: 25 Jun 2001 1:16AM GMT
Surnames: Galot
Do you have any info on the surname Galot or it's origin?

Re: ranson

Marie knutson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2001 3:38AM GMT
Henri Louis Ranson was the Attorney General at the Cabildo for a short time. He owned a plantation in what is now Algiers (The Naval Support Activity). He was married to Marie Francoise Gallot. We have documentation that he received a land grant from the king of France ( that was today's town of Vacherie in 1755. He and his wife evidentally left N.O. around 1765, she surfaced in France, with 2 children and pregnant, but no record of Louis. we are thinking he died during the journey from N.O. to France but can find no doucmentation.

Posted: 16 Jul 2001 3:50AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Gallot
Henri Louis Ranson was married to Marie Francoise Gallot, she was the daughter of Francoise Gallot and Marie Nouguez.
Her mother had re-married, so we assume that her father had died. Marie Francoise had sisters. We got this info from the Archdiocese of New Orleans Sacramental Records Volume 2 page 234. Hope this helps.

Re: ranson

Joe Karcich (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2001 12:37PM GMT
Surnames: Cazelar Kazilar
This is ,undoubtedly,the Ranson that I have in my records as the sponsor for the Cazelar child.They must have been "neighbors" in Algiers.I can cite the info. that I have on the baptism, if you wish.I have lots of info. on Cazelar,but any link back to Croatia,(for me)would be from pre 1750's France.Thanks so much for the info. Joe

Posted: 15 Aug 2001 7:08AM GMT
Surnames: Gallot, Pia
Do you have any record of a Christine Gallot b-1820s northeastern France probably, living in New Orleans LA? she was the daughter of Joseph Gallot & a lady with the last name Briker? Please help

Posted: 15 Aug 2001 1:37PM GMT
Sorry, I see nothing of a Christine Gallot. Of course you must remember, I have not been searching that family. Marie Francoise Gallot had a sister named Charlotte (Carlota) Gallot, but that is the only other one I see. They were both the children of Francois Gallot.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic