Search for content in message boards

Freeman/Allen

Freeman/Allen

Posted: 23 Oct 2003 7:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Freeman, Allen, Forrest, Cockerham, Durand
Looking for the family of Anne L. Freeman, m.1920 to Ray Madison Allen of Independence, LA. They had one son, Lewis Freeman Allen, b. 1921. Ray Allen died in NJ in 1934.
Thanks, Bob Allen

Re: Freeman/Allen

Posted: 14 Nov 2003 3:07PM GMT
Hi my name is Rosa Combs
And I'm trying to find my grandfather family. His name was Charile Allen and his father name was Richard Allen and his mother name was MaryAnn. But my grandfather grand-dad name was Jordon Lewis. Thats all I know if you have any information please let me know. Thanks

Posted: 14 Nov 2003 10:17PM GMT
Edited: 13 Dec 2004 9:16PM GMT
Rosa,
None of those names appear in my family tree. My Allens came from SC in 1800 to MS & LA. They settled in Livingston Parish, LA in the 1850's(Joseph Henry Allen)and my grandparents Lewis Edward Allen & Louisa Lard)& father (Edward Allen)lived in Independence, LA in the early 1900's.
Bob Allen

Rosa Combs (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2003 1:18PM GMT
Thank you and have a Bless Day.

Bob Allen (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2005 9:46PM GMT
Surnames: Allen, Freeman, Lard, Cockerham, Coonse
Rosa,
I did find a Charlie H. Allen, b. 1889 on a distant branch of my tree but his father was Dr. Lee Alexander Allen of Livingston Parish, LA.
Bob Allen

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 6:47AM GMT
I am the only son of Lewis Freeman Allen son of Ray and Anne .The only person I met was Anne in 1973 when she lived in Marshall Tx. .My father died in 1957 so I never met him and know very little about him.louis_francis_allen@hotmail.com

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 1:52AM GMT
Well, it. looks like we may be 1st cousins 1x removed +/-. If so then your mother, Maria Pastor was Lewis Freemen's 3rd wife.
My Father, Edward, was a younger brother of Ray Madison Allen. They grew up in Independance, LA. Ray married Anne and moved to Chicago. My father followed in a few years later. Then Ray moved to New Jersey where he died in 1934.
If this is the right match let's trade information. I have lots of information on the Allen's back to South Carolina in 1745 and some information to descendants of one of Ray's other wives.

I live in Berkeley, CA. How about you.

Glad to hear from you.

Bob Allen

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 10:05PM GMT
Louis,
Haven't heard from you so I thought I would check in. In this small world I noticed that one of you're 1/2 brothers, Ray Dodson Allen apparently lived in San Francisco around 1973 because a son was born was born there/then.
Could you give me the information on you and you x wife and you sons.
Thanks, Bob A

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 10:05PM GMT
Louis,
Haven't heard from you so I thought I would check in. In this small world I noticed that one of you're 1/2 brothers, Ray Dodson Allen apparently lived in San Francisco around 1973 because a son was born was born there/then.
Could you give me the information on you and you x wife and you sons.
Thanks, Bob A
per page

Find a board about a specific topic