Search for content in message boards

Irish of Manitowoc & Brown County

Irish of Manitowoc & Brown County

Miki Hoffman (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Barry, Brick, Brown, Buckley, Cannon, Cavanaugh, Cohen, Collins, Conners, Connolly, Daley, Devine, Doolan, Doyle, Driscoll, Duggan, Fenlon, Finnegan, Fritzmaurice, Floyde, Garvey, Gill, Grady, Guhin, Harety, Halloran, Harnett, hayden, Hayes, Healy, Hogan, Kehoe, Kelly, Kirby, Laddy, Long, Lorrigan, Maloney, Mangin, McCarthy, McMahon, Mead, Meehan, Morrissey, Mullins, Mulloy, Mulqueen, Munhall, Murphy, Nelligan, Nolan, Noonan, O'Brien, O'Connell, O'Hara, O'Hearn, O'Keefe, O'Neil, Peppard, Quinn, Reedy, Reidy, Rolland, Sheahan, Sheehy, Sullivan, Watt
Hi,
I am the managing editor of the Come Home to Maple Grove Database of 1992. We are currently planning a Return to Maple Grove, 2002 and are looking for any information, or will exchange information past or present about the following Irish surnames in the Maple Grove Community of Manitowoc, Brown and Calument Counties.

Thank You
Miki Hoffman-Gould
Vice President of Friends of St. Patrick

ancestors

Kevin Sheehy (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sheehy
Sir,
I am currently trying to track my family back to Wisconsin
from Montana. We believe our ancestors may have come from Ireland into Manitowoc county in the early 1850's. The individual in question is one Thomas James Sheehy. He had Brothers named Patrick and Frank who were older and went to Montana ahead of him. I cannot find his parents names anywhere, but I think they stayed in Wisconsin and did not travel west. I would greatly appreciate any info you my have.
Thank you,
Kevin Sheehy

Grady Family

Kathleen Grady Williams (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Grady
I am trying to locate information on the Matthew J. Grady family assumed to be living in this county in 1938. Any information on this family would be appreciated. Please send information to above Paradlady@aol.com.
Posted: 16 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Nov 2001 5:32AM GMT
Surnames: HALLORAN
Searching for ancestors and decendents of James HALLORAN b. abt. 1822 Ireland and Margaret ( Meany)HALLORAN b.31May
1832.Their daughter Hellen/Nellie m. my grandfather John
COOK in Marinette Co. in 1879.

Halloran

Miki Gould (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Halloran
I have information on James Halloran and Margaret Meany. They had 9 children: Bridget, Mary Ann, Margaret, Ellen, Catherine, Cornelius, Elizabeth, and Sarah. This along with some vitals is all I have on the family. I do not have any of the children married, this information was taken of the church census records.

Maple Grove only?

Pam Kaplan (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cain, Kane
Are you looking only for Irish of Maple Grove, or are you looking for the Irish of the entire county of Manitowoc? My ancestors lived in Newton and Schleswig. Would you like information about them?

Quirk

Nikki Abbott (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: QUIRK, FOLEY
My g-great grandparents, Patrick Quirk and Margaret Foley were married at St. Patrick in Maple Grove on May 9th, I believe, in 1872. They were Irish immigrants and he worked for a short time as a lumberjack near there. I am curious if he met Margaret there and if her family settled there. Do you have information on the two of them?

Quirk

Miki Gould (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Quirk, Foley
Hello, I have a Patrick Quirk married to Margaret Falvery, I do not know who gave me this information. Margaret was born in 1863 and they married in May 9, 1882. I have listed no children or have any further information on the couple. I am currently working on transcribing the Marriage Records of St. Patrick's but have not gotten very far with the holidays. I would be happy to let you know when I do find that information, or you could write to Sister Ella, at the Green Bay Archieves. All the records are there.

Good Luck
Miki

Cain's

Miki Gold (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cain, Burke
Hello,
I did not find an exact link; however I have not gone through all of the records at St. Patrick's, only the Burial and the Church Census. There is a Michael and Rosa Haplin Cain family who do have daughters by the name Alice, Catherine and Mary. The children were born from the 1860's to the 1870's. I can give you more specific information. The other possibility I found is a James John Burke married to an Anna Alice Finnegan. I have only listed one child, a Henry Burke born in 1866, and have no other information on the family.
I hope this is some help.
Good Luck in your search, if she was born in Manitowoc County I would also try the court house and the Diocese.

Miki

CAIN, 1860s, Maple Grove, Manitowoc

Posted: 17 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 3:57PM GMT
Surnames: Cain
Looking for my grandmother's family. Alice Cain was born in Maple Grove, Manitowoc County, WI, in 1865. Two of her sisters were Mary and Kathleen, don't know the rest. She married James Burke and lived in Appleton until her death in 1943/44.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions