Search for content in message boards

Looking for Canadian Cliffords

William D. Clifford (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2000 4:55AM GMT
My father William C. Clifford deceased in 1939 in Toronto where we lived at the time. Mabel his wife was a US citizen. He had a brother Albert who died it 1956, his wife Marie. I am looking in particular Albert's daughters Phyllis and Lois. Phillis I know was married, perhaps twice. I do not know if Lois was every married. Also there are couins William Mitchell whos father I believe was a Pastor in a church in Hamilton Ontario. He may have had a brother Guest. The Clifford family also has ties in Toronto, Paris and Brantford Ontario.
One more not about me: my birth certificate name is William Davey Clifford, family members would remember me as Davy (note with out the e).

William D Clifford

Ellen Clifford daughter of William Clifford

Posted: 17 Sep 2000 7:30AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2002 5:40PM GMT
I am looking for information on Ellen CLIFFORD. She married Michael O'BRIEN, May 2, 1858 in St. Joseph's Church, Douro, Ontario. She is the daughter of William CLIFFORD and Margaret CONDON. She was born May 29, 1841, in Otonabee or Asphodel Twp. She died June 18, 1912 in Chicago, IL.
I have been unable to trace the CLIFFORD family back any further, so I am now E-mailing anyone who might have some connection to her. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re:Ellen Clifford

William Clifford (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2000 10:09AM GMT
I am sorry that I do not know of an Ellen among the Clifford line I am tracking. My grandfather was William C. Clifford, but too early for your time frame.
I wish I could be of some help.
WDClifford

Posted: 20 Dec 2000 11:01PM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2002 5:45PM GMT
To William D. Clifford: You've found a descendant of your family. My great-grandfather was Willliam Joseph Clifford. His daughter, Rose, was my grandmother. I know the people you mention. I have LOTS of information I can give you.

Canadian Clifford

William D Clifford (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2000 5:57AM GMT
Of the names you have mentioned, the name Rose is the only one that rings a bell(She may be my grandfathers first wife). I need to know more about William C. Clifford of either Brantford or Paris who died I believe in 1940 or 1941. He was my grandfather. My father was also William C. Clifford who lived in Toronto at the time of his dead in 1939 when I was 5 years old. He had a brother Albert who lived in Toronto as well and died in 1956. Albert had two daughters Phyllis and Lois, these are the two people that I am most interested in finding. My father had a sister Clara who married Arthur Mitchell, he was a minister in Hamilton, Ont. The had a son William who I would also like to locate.

If any of this is familiar to you I would like to hear more.

Thank you for your response
William D. Clifford

Canadian Clifford

William D Clifford (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2000 6:02AM GMT
Dear Ms Earl

My email address is wdclifford@aol.com. My mailing address is:

7851 Oatka Trail
Le Roy, NY 14482-9113

Thank you again for your response.

William D.Clifford
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions