Search for content in message boards

Williams Haywood Co North Carolina..Cherokee connection??

Williams Haywood Co North Carolina..Cherokee connection??

Posted: 7 Mar 2008 11:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for information about William Williams born about 1775. He appears on the Haywood County 1810 and 1820 census. I also find a William Williams on the Henderson Roll..1835 Census Roll of Cherokee Indians East of the Mississipp.

Re: Williams Haywood Co North Carolina..Cherokee connection??

Posted: 11 Mar 2008 1:18PM GMT
this would be a big help to me....i'm a williams trying to
find any indian info on indian roll #

Posted: 24 Apr 2008 10:15PM GMT
Surnames: Williams, BIBB, Richards. Johnson
I am trying to find a Williams that was a Cherokee also.
My line seems to be to Otis Williams, born about 1880, and married a Mary(Molly______)born 1891. . She was from West Virginia. She shows up again, in 1930 census, in Green Springs, in Louisa county married to a BIBB, She had a number of Williams children.
gseward_rcc@yahoo.com

Posted: 25 Apr 2008 5:43PM GMT
Surnames: williams
cant help on this one but I have williams and is supposed to be on the rolls but cant find her (mary alice) mother (sarah sally armstrong)

Posted: 25 Apr 2008 6:45PM GMT
Has anyone read Emmett Starr's book Old Cherokee Families and Their Genealogy? I live in Texas and the only library that I can find with this book is the Dallas library. I haven't had the time to go there. The index of names is listed on the internet and shows that their are 47 individuals with the surname "Williams". I'm hoping it shows the William Williams from NC..and his family.

Posted: 29 Apr 2008 2:40AM GMT
Surnames: Williams Irvin
My grandfather was William Alexander Williams b. April 25, 1905 d. May 25, 1992. My greatgrandfather was William Williams, date of birth unsure, he was married to Clara Irvin - who was born around 1873 in North Carolina.

I do not know if these are the same Williams' that you are looking. We are supposed to also have the Cherokee connection and spent alot of time in the Maggie Valley area.

Melanie

Posted: 29 Apr 2008 3:26PM GMT
Thank you for the information, Melanie. I suspect there is a connection in some way. Maggie Valley is in Haywood Co where my ggggrandmother, Jane was born according to the 1850 census (in Texas). I will keep your information in mind as I continue my research and keep you posted. I can see that I NEED to go to the Dallas library and check out Emmett Starrs book. My Jane married an Isom Clark from TN..just across the state line; they show up in TX on the 1850 census..apparently by way of Missouri.
Katherine

Posted: 29 Apr 2008 3:27PM GMT
Thank you for the information, Melanie. I suspect there is a connection in some way. Maggie Valley is in Haywood Co where my ggggrandmother, Jane was born according to the 1850 census (in Texas). I will keep your information in mind as I continue my research and keep you posted. I can see that I NEED to go to the Dallas library and check out Emmett Starrs book. My Jane married an Isom Clark from TN..just across the state line; they show up in TX on the 1850 census..apparently by way of Missouri.
Katherine

Posted: 30 Apr 2008 12:25AM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2008 5:45AM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Clark
You had sad that you had a "CLARK" in your line -
My grandma Helen Epps Williams was the grandaughter of H. C. Clark

Shown in the 1920 Census to be located in River Warren North Carolina. H. C. Clark born abt. 1856 and widowed in 1920 per the Census. I don't know if this Clark is in your line or not.

Posted: 25 Feb 2009 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: Williams
I finally made it to the Dallas library and checked out the Emmett Starr book. There was no William Williams and no dates of any kind. Very confusing. Or maybe I'm the one confused. Anyway, it was no help. I'll keep on it and hope to find the link someday. If anyone finds any further information I would really appreciate the help. Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions