Search for content in message boards

WHEELER CEMETARY

WHEELER CEMETARY

Posted: 8 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Mar 2002 6:30PM GMT
Surnames: WHEELER, BROUGHTON
Can anyone tell me where a WHEELER CEMETARY might be located in Greenup co? Also would like to know if anyone knows of a STAPH FUNERAL HOME that existed in 1930.Would like to find out what happened to records if funeral home is not in business today.Any information appreciated.Thank you

Stapf /Wheeler

Bonnie (PHELPS) (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: PHELPS, Ray, Adams, Myers, Kerr, Young
If you look in the "Obits" section, you will find one for a Wm. Bradley. He died in 1926 and the funeral was under the direction of the "Stapf Undertaking Co." of Greenup.
I'm not recalling a Wheeler Cemetery, but someone in the Greenup area should know, or else be able to go to the library and do a lookup to see if this cemetery is listed in a volume that names the cemeteries of KY, or at least of Greenup Co. It's also in the Ashland, KY library.

Wheeler Cemetery

Posted: 23 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jul 2002 12:39AM GMT
I have a Wheelersburg Cemetery in Scioto Co., OH but could find a Wheeler Cem. in Greenup Co., KY Of course, that doesn't mean there isn't one.

Dan
Posted: 19 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2001 4:50PM GMT
Surnames: Wheeler
Hi Nancy, There is a Wheeler Cemetery located on a private farm in Greenup County, Kentucky. It is an old one and not too well kept up and no headstones. It has a couple generations buried there. Cora Carroll

Re: Wheeler Cemetery

anne clements (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2002 3:20AM GMT
Surnames: Pence
Hello. My name is Anne Clements. I am wondering if you are related to Herbert Pence from Greenup Co., Ky? He was my grandfather and I am trying to find out any info I can about his life. I appreciate it.

Re: Wheeler Cemetery

Dan Craycraft (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2002 4:02PM GMT
Although I do have a few Pence in my database, no Herbert. You can check this out at:

http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?d...

Dan

Re: WHEELER CEMETARY

Posted: 8 Feb 2002 3:09PM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2002 9:07AM GMT
Nancy, I checked in the Greenup Co Cemeteries written by Savage and there are 2 Wheeler Cemeteries that adjoin.

Wheeler (George) Burying Grounds: 1 1/2 Miles on Sandsuck Road off Rt 207; Palmyra

Wheeler (Joe) Cemetery: same as above except that it adds between Argillite and Hunnewell and adjoins George Wheeler Burying Grounds.

I can give you a list of all buried there or check a name.
Gail

Re: WHEELER CEMETARY

Posted: 8 Feb 2002 3:25PM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2005 1:34PM GMT
According to the Greenup Cemetery listings, there are two "Wheeler" Cemeteries in Greenup.

The first, called the George Wheeler Burial Ground, has 8 graves (two Caudill's, a Sark, and five Wheeler's) and the other called Joe Wheeler Cemetery, has 15 graves, 8 of which are unidentifiable, four Martin's, and two Wheeler's.

Re: Stapf Funeral Records

Wayne Carver (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2002 5:14PM GMT
Available for 1919-1943 Greenup Co Library. Lists Person birthdate and where; spouse; father and birthplace; mother and b.p; date died, date buried, and cemetery.
Lists tons of people from all around the area`counties incl S.Ohio etc. I found ancestors here that I wasn't even looking for.

Re: cemetery

Posted: 14 Jun 2007 7:55PM GMT
Surnames: Caudill,Wheeler,Craycraft,Ratliff,Lunce and others.
I have a new e-mail and would love to correspond concerning the Wheeler Cemetery who are my people. It is jcarroll13@woh.rr.com. Thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions