Search for content in message boards

Wiseman Brown

Wiseman Brown

Wanda Brown-Engle (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brown, Jones, Alexander, Isbell
Am looking for the parents of Wiseman Brown m. 1st to an Alexander and 2nd to Telitha Isbell. Would really like any info. This man has given me headaches for years. I have dates of both marriages, children and death and place but nothing else. Please help. He was my great grandfather.

Lucy Brown

Posted: 23 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 3:32AM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Lowe, Dishman, Abbott
Hi-Thanks for answering. I think the one I'm interested in is the Lucy Brown married to Jim Stinson. Did this Jim Stinson have a daughter named Laua Stinson-she would be my grandmother? Also, do you know a Susan Brown who married Samuel Abbott. I believe, Susan Brown was buried in Fentress Co. I know I have relatives from both Wayne Co. and Fentress Co. Also, I think my great grandfathers married sisters which really makes it difficult to trace. Also, I know there is Indian blood somewhere. I've been told it was the Abbott sisters. Also it was through the Coopers. I know somehow I am related to Jacob Troxell who is related to Corn Blossom whose father was Doublehead. Thanks again. Di

Lucy BROWN/William PATTON

Fay Clark (View posts)
Surnames: BROWN, PATTON
This particular Lucy BROWN was a Cherokee Indian and evidently caused enough of a scandal when she bore Mary Catherine BROWN to William PATTON on 12 Jan 1848 that a note in early Sequatchie Valley census records indicates Mary Catherine was the illegitimate daughter of William PATTON by an Indian woman. William Patton married Rebecca Jane SCOTT in 1852, and they raised William & Lucy's daughter. William is buried in Pall Mall (sp?) in the same cemetery as Sgt. York. There is a direct descendant of Mary Catherine who researches in Fentress, Clinton & Wayne Counties. Anyone wishing to pursue further information on Lucy may contact me & I'll get you in touch with her.
Edited: 7 Sep 2006 12:22AM GMT
Surnames: BROWN, STINSON, GENTRY, PATTON
Di, James "Jim" STINSON was born about 1864, the son of Malissa GUINN and Milton M. STINSON of Wayne Co., KY. He married a Lucy BROWN. I have a lot of STINSON information if you need it.

Also, there was a Lucy GENTRY born about 1781 in Virgina, supposedly the daughter of Sam GENTRY, who was part Cherokee. She married "Old" Thomas BROWN of Fentress Co., TN. Their son, David BROWN, had a daughter named Lucy BROWN (born about 1831 -- died 1852) who married William PATTON; and a daughter named Barbara or Barbary BROWN (born about 1829) who had twins named Thomas Stephen BROWN and Lucy BROWN (born about 1850 in Fentress Co., TN.) There was a lot of movement back ad forth between Fentress Co., TN and Wayne Co., KY.

Let me know if you are interested in any of these Lucy BROWNS.

A. BERTRAM; 2100 Bradyville Hill Road; Bradyville, TN 37026
or abertram@hotcom.net

Lucy Brown

Wanda Brown_Engle (View posts)
Surnames: Brown
Can't say I have anything for sure for you but Wiseman Brown was 1st maried to Evaline Alexander and their 1st child was a Lula (Lucy) Brown. The only marriage I have for her was to a Gibson. Lula was born bebore 1878. Wanda Brown-Engle.

Brown family

Surnames: Brown, Dishman, Abbott, Lowe
I don't have any information on Wiseman Brown, but do you know anything about a Lucy Brown who possibly married a Jim Stinson. Lucy would have been my great grandmother and was from Wayne Co. or at least ended up there. I was adopted at birth and am trying to piece together my family history. I also know there was Indian blood somewhere in my family line. Thanks, Di

Lucy BROWN & James "Jim" STINSON

Posted: 24 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Sep 2006 12:22AM GMT
Surnames: BROWN, STINSON
Di - I can go backwards on the STINSONS from Jim but have no information about when he married Lucy BROWN or the names of their children. James "Jim" STINSON was born about 1864, so probably married about 1885 (age 21). The 1890 Federal Census was destroyed. Have you checked the 1900 Census for Wayne Co., KY and Fentress Co., TN? I can put you in touch with STINSON researchers or historians if you wish to contact me directly. A. BERTRAM; 2100 Bradyville Hill Rd.; Bradyville, TN 37026 or abertram@hotcom.net

Brown/Stinson

Lucy Brown was probably born about 1860. This is just an estimation. Thanks-Di

Lucy Brown

Wilma Gibson (View posts)
Hi to all:

I know that Susan Brown married Samuel Abbott and they were married at least by 1880. Susan Brown is d/o of Abram Brown who is in Fentress Co., TN in the 1850 census.

Is there a date you can give on Lucy Brown who married the Stinson? It would help put a time frame in place.

Lucy Brown mother of Mary C. is not the Lucy you are speaking of, this Lucy died in 1852 in Bledsoe Co., TN, and her daughter Mary C. did live in Wayne Co., KY part of her life.

Wilma Gibson

Abbott sisters

Posted: 26 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 3:40AM GMT
Peter Troxell, the son of George Troxell and Corn Blossom, had two sons who married two daughters of Joseph Abbott. Sally Abbot married Jacob Troxell ( they were both born ca. 1804/1805 ) and Nancy Abbott married Geo. Washington Troxell ( they were both born ca. 1808/1809 ). I do not have enough about their descendants to make a connection to Lucy Brown or any Coopers.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions