Search for content in message boards

Lawrence family in Taylor, Williamson, Texas

Lawrence family in Taylor, Williamson, Texas

Posted: 25 Jan 2009 5:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LAWRENCE, PARR, ROFF, RABB
Looking to locate Lee Lawrence, believed to live in Taylor, TX. Lee married the daughter of the owner of the Morning Glory Mattress Co, but we don't have her name. Lee's Mother was Ross, b. c1887, d. 1976. Father was possibly Lee, Aunt was Fannie who married Walter Parr.

Re: Lawrence family in Taylor, Williamson, Texas

Posted: 25 Jan 2009 5:38AM GMT
Virginia Forwood Lawrence
1020 W Lake Dr
Taylor, TX 76574-1522
(512) 365-3885

obit of Lee

Lee R. Lawrence, retired rancher and livestock dealer, died Monday, February 26, 2007. Family visitation will be 6-8 PM, Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at Providence Funeral Home in Taylor. Celebration of Life services will be 2 PM, Thursday, March 1, 2007 at Providence Funeral Home with Rev. Martin Doering officiating. Interment will follow at Taylor City Cemetery. He was born near Lawrence Chapel on September 12, 1917 to Lee and Ross (Roff) Lawrence and moved to Taylor at an early age. A graduate of Taylor High School, he attended Southwestern University. Lee had a heritage of Early Texans, who migrated before the Texas Revolution. He was in livestock and ranching for four generations. He was known as a man whose scales "weighed right". He was a principal organizer of the Taylor Rodeo Association and served as its first president over fifty years ago. Lee was an avid hunter and sportsman, he loved the outdoors. Lee was predeceased by his parents and his sons, Lee Lawrence, Jr. and Jim Ross Lawrence . He will be sorely missed by his wife, Virginia; son, David Lawrence and wife, Deandra of Taylor; daughter, Elizabeth Gillies and husband, Colin of Austin; grandchildren, Melissa Lawrence, Brian David Lawrence, Jack Lee Gillies, Laura Gillies and Ella Gillies; and special thanks to his caretaker and friend Augustina Garcia. Pallbearers will be Brian Lawrence, Mark Lindell, Harvey Benad, Cruz Ramirez, Joe Davis, and Lawrence Brown. Honorary pallbearers are Clarence Zieschang and J. D. Logan. Friends are invited to share their words of comfort in an online tribute established at www.Providencefuneralhome.com in Lee Lawrence’s memory.

Posted: 25 Jan 2009 3:31PM GMT
Thank you Virginia for sharing this information. George Roff, a cousin of Lee's, and George's neice Roxanne Roff Wood, both from Fort Worth, are planning a short visit to Beaukiss and wanted to connect with Lee. I'm sorry for your loss. I suppose it had been a while since they spoke or saw each other.

As George's family info-keeper, can you share the ancestry of Lee's mother, Ross Roff Lawrence, so I can add this information correctly to mine?

Thanks again.

Posted: 25 Jan 2009 8:28PM GMT
I am not related. I just help out on the boards when I can. The address & phone I posted is for Virginia, the widow of Lee. You can probably try to contact her for the information you need.

Posted: 27 Jan 2009 2:19AM GMT
So sorry that I mistook your position in this thread. I may write to Virginia and see if she's willing to share.
I do thank you sincerely for your help.
Steve

Posted: 1 May 2012 7:43PM GMT
Hi, my name is Liz Lawrence Gillies. My father was Lee R. Lawrence of Taylor, Texas. I know this was posted some time ago, but I would be happy to respond to your questions. Warm regards, Liz

Posted: 1 May 2012 9:57PM GMT
Hi Liz. Thank you very much for noticing this and replying. First of all, the Roff family member that I represented in my original inquiry, George Withers Roff, passed away last Fall. If you would allow me some time, please let me gather my thoughts and questions that I can remember and try to submit them to you. Sometimes it works better to communicate via email, and I'm willing to do that. If you are willing, please feel free to write to me at smoore@wans.net and I can reply to your message with the questions that George might have had back in 2009. Thanks again, Steve Moore.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic