Search for content in message boards

John and Bill Low/Lowe

John and Bill Low/Lowe

Brenda (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2000 9:00PM GMT
Am looking for info on John/Bill. John was born in 1872 in MS and married Mary Elizabeth Webb who was born in TN. They lived in Hardeman Co. TN. John's father's name was Bill. Are these names familiar to anyone?
Posted: 26 Nov 2000 10:32AM GMT
Edited: 5 Nov 2002 11:57PM GMT
Am looking for any lowes or lows. They originated from mcminnville, tn.and came to Ga.I think. One was named Tax. My grandmother was Sarah Sophona whose father was full Cherokee. Please any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

John/Bill Lowe

Brenda (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2000 8:29PM GMT
Hi Barbara,

I really don't have any information about the Lowe family other than what I posted except that there is supposed to be some Cherokee heritage and that after Mary Elizabeth died John married a younger woman who had a son. I don't have any names or dates there. Mary Elizabeth is buried in one cem. in Hardeman Co. and John in another, also Hardeman Co. There is no 2nd wife buried by John. I would really love to find out more about this part of my family. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Brenda

lowe family

Posted: 30 Nov 2000 7:43AM GMT
Brenda, Thanks so much for responding. I am really new at this and I will appreciate any response that comes my way. You never know what might help with the search. Sincerely, Barbara
Posted: 17 Jan 2001 8:54AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jan 2004 12:22AM GMT
What part of Ga did you family end up in? I am looking for parents and siblings of John R. Lowe who married Minerva E. Terrell in Jefferson Co. GA in about 1838. Moved to Cherokee Co. AL around 1850 or 1851 where they lived until their deaths. John R. was born in 1812.

lowe family

Posted: 17 Jan 2001 9:50AM GMT
Debbie, I really don't know anything as yet. I have just started into this. I know that my Mom was born in 1899,so that would make her mom born in the middle to late 1800's. I have heard that my great grandfather,her father carried messages during some war because he could not read the English language and was told to swallow the message if he were caught. I am trying to find his name but when you are one of the "old ones" like I am, it is hard to find anyone who remembers much. Please contact me again and I will keep in contact with any news I get. Sincerely, Barbara
Posted: 17 Jan 2001 9:55AM GMT
Sorry, Debbie, After all, I am one of the "old ones". All I know is the Lowes were in McMinnville, Tn. And my mom and her siblings lived in north Ga. when I was born. My aunt told me that her grandparents were called Pap amd Sac. The cousin she remembered was not Tax but Tass Lowe. Maybe this will help. Hope so.
Posted: 10 Jul 2001 5:40AM GMT
Hi I read you inquiry...my grandmother Maggie Low was from Oklahoma..she was also cherokee...I have lots of information about the Low/Lowes that live in Southeastern Ky and parts of Tennessee and North Carolina.
Posted: 10 Jul 2001 4:08PM GMT
Sheila,

I would love to find out if you have any info on my John or Bill Lowe. They are my "brick wall", I can find nothing about them. Thanks for any help you can give.

Brenda
Posted: 12 Jul 2001 8:26PM GMT
I have just viewed your message and was excited about your knowing (or maybe knowing) some of the Lowes that I am trying to find. I do know that my grandfather was a full Cherokee and during the Civil War carried messages because he could not read and was told to swallow them if he were caught by the enemy. I am one of the "old ones" and it is diffecult to know where to look for info about my ancestors. Any thing that you even think might be connected in any way, please let me hear from you. As of now, I do not even know my grandparents names. I have heard the name Tax of Tacs Low. Have you? Awaiting any info you might have. Sincerely, Barbara
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions