Search for content in message boards

Lt Obadiah SMITHS Family

Lt Obadiah SMITHS Family

Posted: 8 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 May 2002 5:53PM GMT
Surnames: SMITH
lt Obadiah Smith of the Revolution and his wife Lucy Harris Smith came to Rowan co N.C. He died there in 1810 they are both on the 1790 census of Rowan co. Can anyone help me fill in their family. Did any stay in Rowan Co. any help very much appreciated Fran Fletcher
fmfco@aol.com

Obadiah Smith

Posted: 31 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 5:08AM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Biles
Elizabeth "Betsey" Smith, who married John Biles b ca 1759/1760 Rowan Co., NC on 12 Mar 1792 in Rowan Co., NC is reportedly a daug of Obadiah Smith. John and Betsey Biles named their oldest son Obediah Biles b ca 1796. John Biles died in 1822 in Rutherford Co., TN. Obadiah Biles m Sally Epsey on 28 May 1816 in Rutherford Co., TN. John Biles, in his will dated 29 Dec 1821, named Obediah as his oldest son. John Biles and Betsey Smith Biles are my 4th GGParents. I will share the information I have, and would be very interested in the information of Obadiah Smith and his wife Lucy Harris. I guess we would be some kind of cousins. God bless.

Carolyn,

Obidiah Smith

Richard Smith (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Smith
Obidiah Smith is my GGGGgrandfather through his son Thomas (b. 1785 in Rowan Co.) and grandson Andrew Jackson Smith. My information is that he died in Rutherford Co. TN., about 1819. That's all i know and I would love to find out more about him and his ancestry. I would be glad to pass on information on my line.

Richard Smith
Oklahoma City

Re: Obidiah Smith

Posted: 31 Aug 2013 6:26PM GMT
Surnames: Smith
I have a will, or part of one from Rutherford County for Obadiah Smith. He seems to have children and or grandchildren living there and died about two years after his move to Rutherford Co.
My gg grandfather was James P. Smith, his father was James Smith. I would like to hear from you if you are still at this address.

Janet Cannon 256 -466-2228
per page

Find a board about a specific topic