Search for content in message boards

Doune, Kilmadock, Perthshire cemerety interment list

Doune, Kilmadock, Perthshire cemerety interment list

Posted: 11 Feb 2003 3:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Mar 2003 6:32PM GMT
Does anyone know ifthe cemetery register for this cemetery is available on the internet? It would shure make things easier.

TIA.
Jack in Canada

Re: Doune, Kilmadock, Perthshire cemerety interment list

Liz (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2004 8:38PM GMT
I have the monumental inscription book for the Kilmadock cemeteries - pre 1855 - if that is of any help to you. Who are you looking for? Liz

Posted: 22 Mar 2004 7:39PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2005 4:11PM GMT
I have tombstone listing for the old Kilmadock Graveyard and neighboring Kincardine and Thornhill. What names would you like looked up? Ken

Bob McLeish (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2004 9:15AM GMT
Surnames: McLEISH
Would appreciate any listings of McLeish in Kilmadock Cemetery please.

Posted: 23 Mar 2004 2:12PM GMT
Surnames: McLeish
There are no listings for McLeish or variations in the cemeteries of Old Kilmadock up the Teith, Norrieston in Thornhill, or Kincardine near Blair Drummond. I do not have a listing for the new Kilmadock Cemetery across the bridge from Doune, and I think there is also a burial ground behind the church. The parish records did not list burials except a few in 1704-1720.
In the Kilmadock Hearth Tax Returns for 1694 are found George M'Leish and Calom M'Leish in Lord Aberurqhill's Interest.
If you are looking for post-1855 vital records please check http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php.
Good hunting, Ken Doig www.doig.net

Eddie Dowds (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2004 8:28AM GMT
Hi Liz,

Could you please do a quick lookup for me ?
My gGrandfather Lewis GORDON died on christmas day 1877 in Kilmadock aged 73. He wasn't born there so I don't think there would be a family plot but his wife was born there so he could be in their plot which would be under the name of ANDERSON. His wife, Margaret, died a few years later and she is burried in Greenock, Renfrew, where she was living with her daughters family at the time.

Thanks
Eddie

Eddie Dowds (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2004 8:34AM GMT
Hi Ken,

I've just posted a messege to Liz who has the MI's and you say you have the Internment List? If that's different could you please do a lookup for me ........ ?

My gGrandfather Lewis GORDON died on christmas day 1877 in Kilmadock aged 73. He wasn't born there so I don't think there would be a family plot but his wife was born there so he could be in their plot which would be under the name of ANDERSON. His wife, Margaret, died a few years later and she is burried in Greenock, Renfrew, where she was living with her daughters family at the time.

Thanks
Eddie

Posted: 2 Apr 2004 12:40PM GMT
HI, I have the monumental inscriptions, part of a Scotland-wide series the generally does not list burials after 1855. There are no Gordons in the Kilmadock, Kincardine or Norrieston (Thornhill) graveyards. The best source for vital records after 1855 is the GRO site at http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/index.php.
Good hunting, Ken

Eddie Dowds (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2004 7:10AM GMT
Thanks Ken,

I do have his death entry from Scotlands People but I am still trying to locate his place of burial and I know that the pre-1855 MI Listings often mention post 1855 inscriptions that are present.

SO thanks again for checking !! :-)

Best Wishes
Eddie

Liz (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2004 11:12PM GMT
Hi Eddie

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you but we have been away for a few days.

I have had a look in the momumental inscriptions for you but there is no entry for him, but that does not mean that he is not there. The monumental inscriptions are pre 1855 and you are looking for the death date of 1877. There are a few Anderson’s buried in Kilmadock if you want them, let me know.

Have you any more details about your Lewis Gordon maybe where he died and under what circumstances.

Liz
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions