Search for content in message boards

DREANY DATABASE

DREANY DATABASE

Pat Marlowe (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DREANY, DRAINEY, McCONNELL, WHITFORD
DREANY DATABSE (includes DRANEY/DRAINEY and others). Extensive coverage for Canada, with some coverage for the
USA, Australia, Ireland and Scotland. My own family is that of Henry Dreany (1795-1875)and Margaret McConnell
(1795-1879) who resided in the the townland of Ballytyrone, parish of Loughgall from at least 1820-1848. A biography
records this couple as been born and married in County Armagh. However neither their birth or marriage appears in the Loughgall Church of Ireland Registers. Their children are recorded in this parish register. Where did the parents reside before this? Any help very much appreciated.

McConnell

Nick Doehler (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McConnell
My great-great-great-grandfather, George McConnell (1765-1835) was born in Ballytyrone before emigrating to London Township, Ontario. Several years ago, I had Dublin Castle research his family, and they found that the McConnells had lived in Ballytyrone since the 1660s and continued living there until the end of the nineteenth century. Only one other family lived in the townland. I could provide you with information about them if you wish.

McConnell family late 1700's

Jane Harward (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McConnell
Could my ancestor, William McConnell, b. 2 Apr 1793 be related to yours? He was born in either Ballynahatty, Down or Ballintegart, Kilmore, Armagh. Married Isabelle (surname?)

Re: DREANY DATABASE

Posted: 5 Aug 2001 9:27PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2005 12:45AM GMT
Surnames: DRAINEY, COATES
Hi Pat.....wonder if you have any mention in your database of a MARGARET DRAINEY b. 1858 Barnsley, Yorkshire, England? She was the daughter of ANN DRAINEY who by 1881 was a widow. There was also a sister, FRANCES DRAINEY.

In 1886 Margaret married JAMES COATES b. 1856 Barnsley. I lose them after this and am wondering if perhaps they emigrated.

Thanks.....mary lou sun valley, id usa

Re: DREANY DATABASE

Pat Marlowe (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2001 3:18AM GMT
My apology for taking so long to reply. I have added your family to the data base. Unfortunately I can offer you no further clues. I will keep a watch out for your family and let you know the minute I find out something. Thanks again for writing. Wishing you all the best. Pat M.

Re: McConnell

John C. Zehnder (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2002 7:43PM GMT
Surnames: Proctor, Robinson, Mulholland
I have a letter written to my Great Grandmother from her cousin in Ballytyrone. She was a Proctor and my Great Grandmother was a Robinson. I couldn't even find Ballytyrone on any map. Can you tell me where it is, and anything about the Proctors?
You can contact me at jzehnder33@earthlink.net

Pat Marlowe (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2006 2:01AM GMT
Hi John,

I am sorry I missed your message. I am sure by now (some three years later) you have found the townland of Ballytyrone, in the parish of Loughgall, County Armagh, Northern Ireland. If you need more specific information on the location, just let me know. Have you checked the 1848 evaluation? Let me know, I have a photocopy of it I could check.

All the best,
Pat M.

Pat Marlowe (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2006 3:16AM GMT
Correction and apology, as soon as I had hit "send", I realized my mistake, but it was too late. It is actually the 1830 "Tithe Valuation & Apploment book of Loughgall" that I have a partial copy of. I deeply apologize for this.
Pat M.

Re: "Tithe Valuation & Apploment Book of Loughgall"

Margaret Edler (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2006 10:26PM GMT
Surnames: DREANY, REILLY, KING, DUNLEAVY, MORRIS, HANNA
Pat,
Would, by any chance, the names DREANY or REILLY appear in the above book?
Henry DREANY married Sarah REILLY/REILEY in 1828 CofI, Ballytyrone.

Thanks

Margaret

Re: "Tithe Valuation & Apploment Book of Loughgall"

Pat marlowe (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2006 12:03AM GMT
Surnames: DREANY REILLY
Hi Margaret,

I only have a partial copy of the 1830 "Tithe Valuation & Applotment book of Loughgall"

The valuation has been filmed and is available through the LDS library, film number is 0258463. The Loughgall valuation is almost at the end of the reel. There are both Reilly's and Dreany's listed in the parish of Loughgall. I also have additional information on the daughters of Henry Dreany and Sarah Reilly that emigrated to Australia.

It would be easier for me to share this information with you if you subscribed to the following DREANY mailing list.

To subscribe simply send an e-mail to: DREANY-L-request@rootsweb.com with the single word "subscribe" in the message body (and no other words), RootsWeb will automatically sign you on. If this is a problem let me know here and we will think of another way to get this information to you.

All the best,
Pat M.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions