Search for content in message boards

CRAWFORD

CRAWFORD

JB Poynter (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

Bell Co Census 1870 listed James N. Crawford 46, Nancy 38, children: Francis 17, Martha A. M. C. 14, Nancy J 11, Rachel 9, Sarah 8, William 6, America 4.

In this same household was James H. Crawford 22, Elizabeth Crawford 19 and James A. 1 year. Family legend says this James and Elizabeth were first cousins - he being a nephew to James N. Crawford father of Elizabeth.

Who were James N. Crawford's parents. What was Nancy Crawford's maiden name? Who were her parents?
Posted: 10 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 May 2003 3:56AM GMT

This is in response to your Bell Co Ky query regarding Crawfords. Your James N Crawford b Tn and wife Nancy b SC were in Harlan Co Ky in 1850 along with Elizabeth Robinson age 40 b UK, Minra Robinson age 11 b Tn and Elizabeth Crawford age 10 b Ky. As Nancy was only 18, this could have been her mother and sister. There was also a James H Crawford age 32 b Va with wife Camila age 22 b Ky and Sarah C age 10 in Harlan Co in 1850. I have determined that neither of these were John Crawfords children as I found all his listed in a property transfer in Harlan Ky and therefore not related to my family. I've done quite a lot of work on Parsons also since we last talked. If you can help any more on my Crawfords, let me know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic