Search for content in message boards

Tracing The Turner's Family Roots

Tracing The Turner's Family Roots

Posted: 26 Feb 2006 12:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Turner, Green, West
I am looking for descendant of Hiram Turner. He was born in Jefferson County, Mississippi in 1858 and died in Tensas Parish, 1938. He married Adelede Henderson.His known children are: Lena, Lucy Daniel, Beluah, Clara and Georgia.
In 1900, Census listed three grandchildren: James Morris, Corrie Lee and Ira william.If you have any information on Hiram Turner, please E-Mail me at rosie_turner@bellsouth.net

Re: Tracing The Turner's Family Roots

Posted: 4 Jun 2007 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: Turner, Daniel, Henderson
I am searching for descendants of Hiram Turner and Adelede Henderson.His known descendants are Lena, Lucy, Joseph, Beulah, Clara and Georgie born in Tensas Parish.

Posted: 12 Nov 2008 6:43AM GMT
Surnames: Turner, Crump
I hope this is helpful. My grandfather who was born in St. Joseph Louisiana (Tensas Perish) by the name of Morris Turner in 1918. Later he was raised by relatives. He also had several sibiling, which I just found out. Soon to receive info. In his adult life he later moved to Northern California. Then many years later my grandfather Morris Turner met his biological father (which is a Turner) for the first time I believe in the 80s (not too certain). I don't know his father's fist name, although the story is told that his biological father had another family in Florida. Hope this is helpful.

Posted: 8 Mar 2009 4:20AM GMT
Thank for this info.I am am sorry that I over look this valuable information.I am sure this is the person. He was reared by his grandfather, Hiram Turner and grandmother in Tensas Parish. Keep in touch

Posted: 8 Mar 2009 4:30AM GMT
Surnames: Turner
Thank for the info. I am sorry that I over look this valuable information. I am sure this is the person. He was reared by his grandfather,Hiram Turner and grandmother. Keep in touch

Posted: 8 May 2009 12:30AM GMT
I'm helping a friend trace his family in Waterproof, Tensas. His grandfather was Miles Washington, born in 1862. In the 1910 and 1920 censuses, there was a Miles Turner, born in Mississippi (both parents born in Louisiana), listed as a cousin living with the Washington family; he was born in 1895 or 1900.

Do you know anything about Miles Turner. I guess Miles Washington's sister married a Turner. We'd like to find out more about him.

Posted: 23 Dec 2009 3:17AM GMT
I have research the name Miles Turner, but I haven't been able to find any thing on him. Good Luck

Re: An Overlook Query

Posted: 23 Dec 2009 3:23AM GMT
I think this is the person I am looking for. Morris was reared by his grandparents in Tensas Parish, Hiram and wife.I would like more info.
Than You

Posted: 21 Jan 2010 11:05AM GMT
Wow..That sounds so close to home..My grandmother was a Washington.. Her name was Mamie Turner who later married My grandfather Morris Turner...Probably they are related. The two left St. Joseph Louisiana and later settled in Norther CA. Where they had 5 children. My mother doesn't speak of any cousins of my grandmother Mamie Washington, although,Mamie's father had re-married and had children. according to my mother Mamie has a half-sister by the name of Julia and Mary Washington. I know Tensas Parish is a small community now. I hope this is helpful.

Re: An Overlook Query

Posted: 21 Jan 2010 11:18AM GMT
Surnames: Turner,Crump, Henderson,Washington
I really don't know.. But I was told that Morris Turner was raised by an aunt. Cause his mother was sickling. They would call my grandfather "flu" I guess he was born wih the influenza. Morris Turner never met his biological father until 60 odd years later. His mother name was Addie Crump, and she born I believe born five children too. Not too certain.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions