Search for content in message boards

Seeking African American/Irish with surname FINN

Seeking African American/Irish with surname FINN

ANNIE FINN (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2000 8:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 May 2002 3:52PM GMT
I'VE BEEN TRYIN TO TRACE MY ROOTS IM A BEGGINER AT THIS AND I CANT SEEM TO GET ANYWHERE IM LOOKING FOR ANYTHING RELATED TO THE NAME FINN THAT DEALS WITH AFRICAN-AMERICAN/IRISH AFRICAN AMERICAN/IRISH CHEROKEE AFRICAN AMERICAN IF THAT IS AT ALL POSSIBLE

Minnie "Snow" FINN: Cherokee & Afro-American Heritage (AR, USA)

nicole (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2003 6:37PM GMT
Edited: 19 May 2003 4:20PM GMT
Surnames: Finn, Hicks
Hello,
I am related to Minnie "snow" Finn, who was mixed cherokee and afro- american. She was supposedly of Saratoga AR, but i have found her on the census of 1800 living in Howard county. She married William pen Hicks. As far as the race things goes, we dont really know where the direct lines come from we know that there was black,cherokee and irish not sure where the irish came in though.

Re: Seeking African American/Irish FINN

Posted: 1 Jul 2008 2:40AM GMT
I am trying to help a friend with a little history. His family is also said to be african american /irish. These Finns were living in and around Franklin Ky. Willard Finn md Eddie Lee Shafer HAd Dorothy Finn b. abt 1930. Would love to be able to give him a few generations of his roots. Thanks for reading my message. Any help greatly appreciated. Susan

Re: Minnie "Snow" FINN: Cherokee & Afro-American Heritage (AR, USA)

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 5:32PM GMT
Please contact us at 8457749804. I think we are cousins and we are trying to figure out our roots!

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 5:34PM GMT
Need help.... please contact us via email. We are trying to trace our Finn family line.

Thanks
Amy and Robert

Posted: 27 Aug 2014 4:14AM GMT
my mother's grandmother was one of Minnie Finn's daughters, Fairy born 1902.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic