Search for content in message boards

Gainey Family of North Carolina!

Gainey Family of North Carolina!

Posted: 26 Jun 2001 4:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Apr 2005 12:46PM GMT
Surnames: Gainey, Caldwell, McDowell
I have just discovered some Gainey relatives from North Carolina. I would like to see if others has any research on this family line.

Meredith Gainey married to Ann Caldwell
Their children are:
Susan Gainey married to James McDowell
Their children are:
William and John McDowell

Any information would be of help to me.

Matthew D. Friend
friends1995@yahoo.com

Re: Gainey Family of North Carolina!

Melissa (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2001 10:48PM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2005 12:46PM GMT
Surnames: Gainey
My greatgrandparents are gainey's but they are originally from Chesterfield SC..can ya help me out?

Re: Gainey Family North Carolina! (Henry Lee Gainey)

Posted: 10 Oct 2001 3:45AM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2005 1:34PM GMT
Give me some dates and names. My g-grandfather Henry Lee Gainey was from Chesterfield County, McBee, SC.born 1865, brothers John Burl, Samuel Jackson and William Solomon. Henry was married several times and had 26-27 children. Eventually moved to Cordova< NC.

Melissa (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2001 4:22PM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2005 12:47PM GMT
..Hi Judy ..I've gotten your message and I will speak to my g-father. do you need his sisters and brothers names..aunt and uncles? I'm not sure how to direct my search.

Sincerely,
Melissa

Re: Gainey Family North Carolina!

Posted: 10 Oct 2001 11:26PM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2005 4:26PM GMT
Are you sure they are from Chesterfield, SC or Chesterfield County, SC. Most of my gaineys are from Chesterfield County, McBee, SC. I have a 1880 census listing my g-grandfather and brothers in Chesterfield County, Alligator Township (near McBee, SC). The difference in the location may mean a lot of different information.
Judy

Re: Gainey Family of North Carolina! (Henry Lee Gainey)

Posted: 10 Oct 2001 11:35PM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2005 1:35PM GMT
Any info would be appreciated. My g-grandfather Henry Lee Gainey 1865-1930, had brothers John Burl, Samuel and William. He had 26-27 children, a 1920 census listed his children as Author, Millie(my grandmother)Wade, Barzillia, Arizona, Ruth, Suzie Rebecca, Lawrence, Woodrow, Bertha, Coyt and William. I have met most of these in my lifetime and I am 48. Most of these children have lived in and around McBee SC and Cordova, NC. See if your grandfather recognizes any of these. Give me all the names and dates from his side and I will see if anything matches.
Thanks,
Judy

Posted: 15 Oct 2001 12:57AM GMT
Surnames: GAINEY, BRADDOCK
DID YOUR HENRY GAINEY MARRIED TO SARA BRADDOCK?

Posted: 16 Oct 2001 12:44AM GMT
My g-grandfather Henry Lee Gainey was reported to have 3-4 wives. I only have the name of the last. Henry was born 1865 and died 1930. Also, there is a Henry Russell Gainey from the same area. Do you have any specifics on the Henry you seek?
Judy

Re: Gainey Family North Carolina!

MELISSA (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2001 7:48PM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2005 4:26PM GMT
YOU ARE RIGHT ...I SHOULD DO A DEFINITE CHECK..MAYBE I DID MIX UP SOME KIND OF INFO THERE. I'LL GET BACK IN TOUCH.
THANX, MELISSA

Re: Gainey North Carolina! (Henry Gainey)

Posted: 25 Oct 2001 8:47PM GMT
Edited: 20 Apr 2005 1:47PM GMT
Surnames: Gainey, Braddock
my great grandmother was married to henry gainey from n.c. i belive he was the one she married she name was sara c.braddock please email me at vdaloca28@yahoo.com i have so many questions about him maybe we can help each other
per page

Find a board about a specific topic