Search for content in message boards

Agnes Mark

Agnes Mark

Posted: 11 Apr 2006 2:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mark
I am trying to trace my family from Northern Ireland my great great grandmother was Agnes mark. she was married to an Ashe dont know his given name, but they had a son called Samuel my great grandfather, he married Mary Ferguson & had my grandfather Robert Ashe. Any info greatfully received thanks.

Re: Agnes Mark

Posted: 8 Mar 2007 5:44PM GMT
I doubt we are a match since you are looking in Ireland but I have Agnes Mark born Oct 12, 1870 in Longside, Scot.

Parents were Alexander Jessiman Mark and Mary Morgan - she has many brothers and sisters and move to Canada in 1885.

Posted: 9 Mar 2007 6:19PM GMT
Thankyou for your reply to my message, but I don't think there is a connection here?
I know nothing about my Agnes Mark other than she was mygreat great grandmother her married name was Ashe. I do not think she went to Canada? she was still living in Co Antrim in 1902 when my grandfather was born. but thanks for trying
regards Laurine

Posted: 9 Mar 2007 8:12PM GMT
Surnames: mark
Hi
NP - just checking all sources, my own grandmother never emigrated from England until the 1920's to Canada and my Marks some came in 1885 while others came as well after the war. My AGNES MARK DID NOT COME and its highly possible she left Scotland to go to Ireland ....only the younger siblings emigrated from her family.

Good luck

Posted: 9 Mar 2007 8:13PM GMT
of course, she could not be one of the same if she was still alive in 1902 - :)

Posted: 23 Mar 2007 5:18PM GMT
I also am searching for John Mark from Antrim, Ireland who was born 1747. He married Anna McCurdy in Ireland, daughter of Samuel McCurdy and Elizabeth Gray. They had 8 children and lived in lived in Mass. One of their children was a son Samuel born in 1771. Any chance we connect?

Posted: 23 Mar 2007 11:22PM GMT
Hi
I am not sure if there could be any connection here?
Your John Mark could well have been my Agnes's father or uncle? I have no idea.... I don't know what year Agnes was born or even where she came from the only information I have is on my grandfathers birth certificate she was present at his birth in 1902 in Ballymena, Co Antrim.
Her son Samuel Ashe was married to Mary Ferguson, but i have had no luck in tracing them yet I hope you have better luck than I regards Laurine

Posted: 1 Sep 2009 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: mark
hi i too am looking into the mark family of ireland the agnes mark nee swan (dob 1851) i have was married to a william mark (dob1848)they had 8 children in all one of which was a samuel (dob 1888) dont know if that fits in but i do have a little more info if you want it

kind regards
joanne mark

Posted: 1 Sep 2009 8:21PM GMT
Hello Joanne I am very sorry but i appear to have lead everyone up the garden path due to my own ignorance. The person i was looking for turned out to be Agnes Briggs but she was unable to write her name so they put x by her name where it said MARK! I misread it as Agnes Mark sorry hope you manage to find who you are looking for regards Laurine

Posted: 9 Aug 2011 12:48AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Mark, McCurdy
Have you been in touch with Ross McCurdy? (Cape Cod) He has a book with the details.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions