Search for content in message boards

STANSBURY Family Ancestors -- Ezekiel STANSBERRY

STANSBURY Family Ancestors -- Ezekiel STANSBERRY

Posted: 8 Aug 2001 3:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Feb 2013 1:25PM GMT
Surnames: Kremmer, Stansberry, Stansbury
Ezekiel Stansberry (Stanborough) and Esther Neil Kremmer had many children. I am descended from Edward, the 6th child. I don't have a lot of information but e-mail me and I would be happy to share what I have.

Re: Ezekiel STANSBERRY

Sylvia Spilman (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2001 1:47AM GMT
Surnames: Stansberry, Stanborough, McCollam, Edwards, Baze
I can trace my heritage from Ezekiel and Esther through their 4th child, Samuel (Stansberry) Stanborough. it is interesting that about this time the name vaired from Stanborough, to Stanbury, to Stansbury, to Stansberry. Samuel (Stansberry) Stanborough married Matilda McCollam and they had 14 children, among them a son, Harvey A. Stanborough who married a "Gilla C." They had 2 children, the first of whom is my great grandfather, Richard Braxton Stansberry He and his sister, Sarah, used the name Stansberry. Apparently Gilla C. died eith in child birth or sometime later or maybe left, who knows, because Harvey was later married to "UNKNOWN Eliza" and had three more children all of whom used the name Stanborough. My great grandfather was married to Arvilla Elizabeth Corner and they had only 5 children. They moved from Missouri to IT and Tulsa in one of the land runs. They settled in Chandler, but Elizabeth died and they returned to Tulsa where they farmed land in what is now an exclusive downtown residential area. Their son, Lawrence Richard, who was always known as "Lon" farmed the same land after his dad died for many years. Lon was quite a character and is featured in many early Tulsa books, photos, articles, etc. Richard Braxton married a Mrs. Emma Edwards in 1891. As far as I know they did not have any children. My grandmother, Sarah Bertha Stansberry, Lon's sister, married William Perry Baze in 1900 in Tulsa. They moved to Sapulpa and later to Muskogee. They had 8 children, one of whom is my mother. She is still living, although probably not for long. She is 94 and the only one left of her generation.
I would love to find the Baze family. I am stopped at Bowers Mill. MO in 1890 when my grandfather was born. I cannot find any record of his mother and father there.
Sylvia Spilman
Would like to

Mary Susan STANSBOROUGH / STANSBURY

Posted: 3 Mar 2003 11:37PM GMT
Surnames: Stansborough, Stansbury, Ingram
Hi,
My husbands ggg grandmother was Mary Susan Stansborough or Stansbury. Her father was Samuel . Family lore has her as part native American. My husband heard of an Uncle Lon in Tulsa. This family lived in Indian Territory and Missouri. If anyone has info on this family please write. Mary Susan married a fellow named Morgan Ingram.
Thank You
Carol Sircoulomb

Re: Stansbury information

Posted: 4 Mar 2003 1:54AM GMT
Edited: 18 May 2005 4:20AM GMT
Annette, I would like very much to compare notes. Email me at churchlady@tds.net Peggy Jones Chapman

Re: Ezekiel STANSBERRY -- son Samuel

Posted: 18 Jul 2003 7:06PM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2003 8:36PM GMT
Surnames: McCollum, Stansberry
Annette, I have info on your Samuel (son of Ezekiel and Esther) but vary a little from what you have.. I show Samuel with six children by an unknown first wife: Harvey A., b. 1815, Mary Susan, b. 1816, Elizabeth, b. 1818, Jane, b. 1820, Moses, b. 1822, and Jackson, b. 1824. He then married Matilda McCollam (lic, issued 31 Dec. 1825; returned 2 Feb. 1826, Washington Co. TN) and had the following children: Nathan, b. 1827, Permelia, b. 1829, Solomon, b. 1830, William, b. 1831/32, Davide, b. 1833, Levi, b. 1834, Ester, B. 1835/36, Sarah, b. 1837/38, and Amandah, b. 1845. Would like to share with you. Anita Stanberry St.Lawrence

Re: Edwin STANSBURY

Posted: 25 Dec 2003 2:36PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jan 2004 4:52AM GMT
Surnames: Stansbury, Maines
In my lineage I have a Stansbury Line. I wonder if you have any connection?

Edith Stansbury b: 7Aug 1882 OH
Married 1908, KY William John Maines
Children: Carrie Carr,Harry Carr, Juanita Carr,
*Anna Mae Maines,Joseph P Maines,Arthur Maines

Her Parents: John Stansbury nand Elizabeth no information.

If you could assist me in any way, that would be GREAT. My e-mail is AndesGilST@aol.com Thanks Gilbert

Re: STANSBURY Family Ancestors -- Lawrence Richard STANSBERRY

Posted: 26 May 2007 4:37AM GMT
Surnames: Stansberry, Stanborough, Corner, McCollam, Pruitt, Campbell, Sheddrick, Stiles, Baze, Drake
Carol

Your 'uncle Lon' was my great-uncle Lawrence Richard 'Lon' Stansbery, son of my great-grandparents Richard Braxton Stansberry & Arvilla Elizabeth Corner. Richard's parents were Harvey A. Stansberry & Gila C. Harvey was the 1st born child of Samuel Stanborough-Stansberry & Matilda McCollam. Uncle Lon was born 1879 in Missouri, died 1953 in Tulsa, Oklahoma & is buried there in Rose Hill Cemetery with his wife Myrtle Pruitt, their daughter Jane Stansbery, Myrtle's daughter (Lon adopted) Tookah (a Kiowa Indian Princess), Tookah's husband Maxwell Campbell, and Myrtle's mother Lucretia.

Richard Braxton Stansberry & Arvilla Elizabeth Corner issued 5 children: Gilla Rebecka-married Joseph Sheddrick; Anna Mary-married Edward Stiles; Lawrence Richard - married Myrtle Pruitt; Linna Arvilla (my maternal grandmother) - married 1st Lotspeich, 2nd Charles Sheddrick (brother of Joseph), 3rd Charles Julius Ayers (my grandfather); Bertha Sarah - married William Perry Baze.
My grandparents, aunt Bert (Bertha Sarah) and several of her family members are buried in Memorial Park Cemetery, Tulsa, Oklahoma. Anna Mary & Edward Stiles married in Missouri, raised their family in that state, and are buried there somewhere. Gilla Rebecka & Joseph Sheddrick are buried somewhere in Oklahoma, but I haven't been able to locate their gravesites.
Arvilla Elizabeth Corner, wife of Richard Braxton Stansberry was the daughter of Francis Jacques Corner and Rachael R. Drake.
If you would like further information for your records to include birth/death dates, locations, children, etc. please contact me.

Elizabeth Franklin
Broken Arrow, OK

Re: Stansbury information

Posted: 17 Jun 2007 10:17PM GMT
Hi, Life is hectic! I am on vacation catching up on email and wow I am glad! I would love to get any and all info you have. My E mail is csircoulomb@cox.net. We go to Tulsa occasionally we live in Wichita but right now are in Washington state. I would love to hear stories ect and see any pictures.
Thank You so much

Carol Reed Sircoulomb

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 4:45PM GMT
Surnames: Stansbury Stansbury McCollom McCollum
I am researching the Stansberry - Stansbury family of West Virginia, Kansas, Missouri, etc., which has connections to a McCollum family. Are you rrelated? Please write:
Alan Bunner, Alexandria, VA. abunner @ surfbest.net

Posted: 23 Dec 2009 2:16AM GMT
My relationship to Anne E. Stansbury (Denny), Would be my fathers aunt. My father was Carl Joseph Denny. Census 1930 show Ann E. Stansbury married to Raymond P. Stansbury of Baltimore Maryland. What I am trying to find is decendants of the Denny family or Stansbury children.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions